Bumper

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

A young lad on his pass plus somehow seemed to miss seeing my three ton truck in a traffic queue yesterday and steamed into the back at about twenty miles an hour.

Long story short, Nissan want £1700 to fit a new bumper which I can get for £185 from eBay. I want to save this lad from getting screwed by the Insurance company so I am looking for someone who can fit a rear bumper to a Nissan Navara without costing the earth.

Over to you please...

Send a PM to the poster called "Handyman" he seems like he knows a lot about cars.

My knowledge of current commercial vehicles is not up to scratch, although I was a commercial vehicle mechanic many years ago.

However, I can't see why this couldn't be a reasonably easy D I Y job. On the vehicles I worked on, it was just a matter of undoing a few bolts(usually four) to remove the bumper assembly complete with the mounting brackets. I have to say though that I have never looked at a Nissan 3-tonner rear bumper!

A young lad on his pass plus somehow seemed to miss seeing my three ton truck in a traffic queue yesterday and steamed into the back at about twenty miles an hour.

Long story short, Nissan want £1700 to fit a new bumper which I can get for £185 from eBay. I want to save this lad from getting screwed by the Insurance company so I am looking for someone who can fit a rear bumper to a Nissan Navara without costing the earth.

Over to you please...

You are being very generous to the lad, surely sourcing the repair could be a task for him?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
You are being very generous to the lad, surely sourcing the repair could be a task for him?

True, but I had just agreed to PX it and I can't afford any fannying about, another reason to avoid the Insurers. (Someone hit my front end last year when it was parked outside the house and I was without the car for eight weeks)

True, but I had just agreed to PX it and I can't afford any fannying about, another reason to avoid the Insurers. (Someone hit my front end last year when it was parked outside the house and I was without the car for eight weeks)

I have to admire your generosity here DSM.

However, if you claim on HIS insurance and he is in the first year then he will only wait one extra year to get back where he is now re NCD surely? You would be entitled to a hire car from his insurers and you get a top notch repair job into the bargain, thus increasing the trade-in value. There will be other cars mate, there are always other cars.

Alternatively, why not call the dealers where you are planning to trade-in explaining your predicament? Tell them that regretfully you can't go through with the deal and you may find that they have marked up the new motor so much and need/want the commision so bad that they take yours as is. Everyone wins, no?

Just my thoughts mate, and if you go through with the 'nice' way, then you will be a step nearer to heaven I am sure.