british speedway gp

scaramanga

• 1 month later...

Yes, I watched that meeting and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I used to love going to Speedway with my Dad when I was a nipper and Southampton had a team including Barry Briggs who was my favourite. Now I follow so many sports I tend not to watch Speedway but just saw a very good meeting between Poole and Coventry on Sky. Poole really struggling this year.

looks like poole will go from being champions last year to having to ride off with the premier league winners just to stay in the elite league this year! :(

Odds on they will but they have a strong team if everyone is fit so you'd think they would win the ride off.

Nice to see Poole win the Elite pairs final, excellent final race which saw Poole beat Eastbourne 5-4 by finishing 2nd and 3rd with the scoring being 4, 3, 2, 0.

Excellent team riding with Hans Anderson riding exceptionally well to ensure Poole reached the final even though Chris Holder was a bit out of form but then in the final Holder not only holding on to 2nd place but rather than trying for the win which would still not have been enough managing to slow the pace down in order for Anderson to take the crucial 3rd place. Great stuff !