Fifa 09

St Marco

Not a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but the PS3 demo is **** poor in my opinion.

I own both Fifa 08 and PES 2008 for the PS3 so am fairly impartial...

To me people seem to banter on about how poor the last few new Pro Evo's have been and how there is hardly ever any major additions/improvements introduced and for most of that I agree. But this Fifa takes the mick! Same menus, same intro to each game, players look exactly the same and no graphical improvement whatsoever in my opinion.

What's more the game still plays slowly, players do some riculous things and turning your own players feels like steering a shopping trolley with one buggered wheel.

Although i'm not expecting miracles from Pro Evo this year, I think I can already predict where my £ 40.00 is going come October and it's not in EA's pockets.

Played the demo and loved it. Seems like EA listened to the complaints people had and sorted them which must be a 1st. Best most realistic football game ever, time for Konami to show their cards now too because if it is like last years it will get poor reviews again.

Just got this from Amazon.co.uk today

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"FIFA 09 (Xbox 360)" [Video Game]

Estimated arrival date: 26/09/08 - 27/09/08

:D

awesome that is only like 11 days away then :)

Gamespot have a really good preview up about the 10 vs 10 gameplay and they say it is a revoulutionairy addition to sports games, eventually will have no need for cpu players. Is a good read so should check it out.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/fifasoccer09/news.html?sid=6197498&tag=topslot%3Bthumb%3B3&page=1

Another interesting thing is that in the 10 vs 10 you create a club (like a clan/guild) and you compete in tournaments. With the ultimate goal being a virtual world cup with the best players from each country playing. Maybe we can get a Saints team back into the promised land if even it is only in a virtyal world :)

I liked the demo, and will be purchasing the game.

They have definitely improved the weight and ball physics. This one was of the biggest things FIFA had wrong with it. Another think they have improved on is the speed. While it still takes alot of build up to get anywhere near to scoring a goal, it's abit pacer.

Apart from that, I think the bend when you take a free-kick is very odd. No-where near it being something that will annoy me enough to not buy the game, but did anyone else feel this?

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

Becareful as you should be getting it before its release date, if you play it online you may get a smacked wrist

Yep, its even on listed on the website as being released on the 26th. So I've promtly pre-ordered one from there instead of waiting till October 3rd!

Dear Customer Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. We're sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused and please allow me to explain. Due to a technical error, the estimated date that is shown in "Your Account" for this item was incorrect, and our technical team is working on this issue. The item "FIFA 09 (Xbox 360)" is currently scheduled for release on October 03, 2008. You will be notified the release date changes. When your item is received from from our supplier, your order will be dispatched. At the time of dispatch, you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

October 3rd it is then.

**** it happened

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we

need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Estimated arrival date: 03/10/08 - 04/10/08

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Well only a few days to go and reviews are starting to come in.

First up is IGN. Now those who dont know IGN is a sponsor of Konami. They put money into the development of the Pro Evolution series which in return they get the advertising boards in PES. They sponsor the PES UK tournament. So as you would expect IGN have been somewhat a little biased over this little "deal". Those who can remember IGN caused a storm by giving PES08 a 9.2 rating. Even the official xbox magazine which hands out good scores as if they were cereal toys gave it a 45% score. It's metascore was 74% and was largely panned. So what did IGN give FIFA08? a great big 7.9...

So then obviously Fifa 09 you would expect to do just as favourably on IGN this year right? Well in what can only be seen as saving face from the storm set to come they have come out and given it a 89% score. They even said there is no contest anymore in what is better out of Fifa 09 and PES 09. So naturally they would never give their own game a poor reveiw so i would expect PES09 will probably get a 90% score this year.

So there you have it. When the enemy comes out and gives the game a 10% increase over what was already a good game last year then you know good reviews are bound to follow elsewhere.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/913/913467p1.html

I can't set up a thread for it, could someone else? It seems like there aren't all that many people on the forum that play FIFA on PS3 compared with 360. With the 'Be A Pro Seasons' mode is it mulitplayer? Would be a pretty cool to be able to play with my housemates, each as our created characters.

I can't set up a thread for it, could someone else? It seems like there aren't all that many people on the forum that play FIFA on PS3 compared with 360. With the 'Be A Pro Seasons' mode is it mulitplayer? Would be a pretty cool to be able to play with my housemates, each as our created characters.

Not sure if the season is multiplayer but the 10vs10 will have leagues/cups etc.. it is sports version of a clan or a guild. In the UK at least it is about 50-50 in terms of who has a PS3 or 360 so i would expect there to be the same amount of people out there willing to join in.

There are various places that help set up leagues and things if you want to join on your own/dont have enough people etc.. i think EA run the website somewhere.

If you get really good you can play teams on http://gamebattles.com/

And if your major good you could go pro and get £1m for winning world championships :)

Lol, someone needs to make the thread... >_

Sweet that you got it early!

Are the transfers up to date i.e Berbatov at Man U and Robhino at City? Maybe even Robertson at Saints? Across the net i think generally people are really happy with the game. Nice that you can change the speed of the game to kill off that "its too slow" argument people had.

Also is it true that ****hole Fratton Park is in it?

Edited by St Marco

Sweet that you got it early!

Are the transfers up to date i.e Berbatov at Man U and Robhino at City? Maybe even Robertson at Saints? Across the net i think generally people are really happy with the game. Nice that you can change the speed of the game to kill off that "its too slow" argument people had.

Also is it true that ****hole Fratton Park is in it?

I dunno about Berbatov or Robinho, but I'm currently in the middle of an warm up game against Pompey and they have Gamsi in the default Saints side. I don't think Robertsons there yet though.

I expect any late transfers will be added in a patch at some point anyway. Maybe on friday.

I'm not sure Fratton Park is in it but I'll have to let you know tomorrow as Im not a paying user and this is my last post!

By tomorrow morning I hope someone has told me the best deal around for a 360 with the newish Top Spin Game, Tiger Woods 09 and Fifa 09.

There will be trouble otherwise.

Love Aids xx

Game normally do nice deals on consoles, just a brief look i notice they do the console and Tiger Woods for £129. Doubt your get it cheaper then that as that is pretty cheap.

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r337132/Xbox-360-Arcade-Pack-with-Tiger-Woods-09/

If you add like another £30 you can get the premimum bundle

Delivery Method:

Product Name Price Each Qty Total Price Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA 09 £36.00 1 £36.00 Dispatched

Total Order Summary

-------

Sub Total: £36.00

Promotional Discount: £0.00

Delivery: £0.00

ORDER TOTAL: £36.00

Had an hour or so on it now, love it!

Got into an exhibition game to try it out, get a bit of practice. Played Skates and got mashed 0-4 :( it is very very hard to score this year. A few other things i noticed.

When you do a nasty tackle on someone and the ref says play on, you now can get a yellow card/red card when the play stops. Used to get away with some harsh tackles in 08 because of that so i guess that is a good thing.

You can play with 3 other people in a multi-player season mode. Had a brief go at it and made a char etc.. is quite cool as you can choose your name and the commentators will say it. Unless it is a wierd name that nobody has heard before.

You see the difference in the players a lot now. If someone is crap (take Lancashire for example) he will get murderd against fast forwards. However the physics collisions/jostling is much better now.

Will take awhile to get used to. A cool thing is when you boot up for the first time it will go through your achivements in 08 and recomend what level you should play as etc.. i got intermediate and i thought i was good at 08 :(

All in all much better then 08 and they have improved on the annoying things i think.

Playing 10 vs 10 will be chaos to begin with i bet :)

Had an hour or so on it now, love it!

Got into an exhibition game to try it out, get a bit of practice. Played Skates and got mashed 0-4 :( it is very very hard to score this year. A few other things i noticed.

When you do a nasty tackle on someone and the ref says play on, you now can get a yellow card/red card when the play stops. Used to get away with some harsh tackles in 08 because of that so i guess that is a good thing.

You can play with 3 other people in a multi-player season mode. Had a brief go at it and made a char etc.. is quite cool as you can choose your name and the commentators will say it. Unless it is a wierd name that nobody has heard before.

You see the difference in the players a lot now. If someone is crap (take Lancashire for example) he will get murderd against fast forwards. However the physics collisions/jostling is much better now.

Will take awhile to get used to. A cool thing is when you boot up for the first time it will go through your achivements in 08 and recomend what level you should play as etc.. i got intermediate and i thought i was good at 08 :(

All in all much better then 08 and they have improved on the annoying things i think.

Playing 10 vs 10 will be chaos to begin with i bet :)

Same as me, but I only lost by 2! And Defoe skied a pen!

When I started a season, I set up my formation to the current 4-3-3 we're using at the moment with the regular line up. Kicked off against Derby and they had maybe 4-5 passes and walked it into the net. :(

Theres a learning curve for sure. Not that it's a bad thing, though.