St Mary’s Capacity?

Saintmike666

I believe it's around 26,000. But if they expect to sell more than that then the corners are re-opened for a game.

So, let's say we draw Spurs in the Cup, and pre match Sales are 25500, who's good at SFC at estimating what the "walk up" will be ??

Neither Lowe, or the Club, are in a position to open up the corners at short notice, nor will it be in their plans to do so.

The capacity is as is now, without the corners. They will not open them up just for the odd match

So, let's say we draw Spurs in the Cup, and pre match Sales are 25500, who's good at SFC at estimating what the "walk up" will be ??

Neither Lowe, or the Club, are in a position to open up the corners at short notice, nor will it be in their plans to do so.

The capacity is as is now, without the corners. They will not open them up just for the odd match

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with this. Of course there will be a contingency to open up the corners, its not a huge logistical effort at all, just a case of providing more staff on matchday. There's no way Rupert or SFC will want to be in a position of turning away fee paying customers, so I just can't believe this will not have been considered.

Why ever not? Most of the previous staff will have been temporary and getting more in to mix with the existing staff will be no problem what soever. They will know from ticket sales and the previous walk ups what their match day numbers will be and will act upon a certain volume at a certain cut off date. When you get to that sort of numbers the policing will already be close to full strength and the whole thing will be close to an automatic reaction.

What a load of tosh. If were to get Spurs or a similar team in the cup i would imagine they'd open the corners up straight away as there would be a good chance of a near full house.

Can't agree with any of that. It would be easy to open up the corners on an ad hoc basis and if even the remotest possibility of more than 26K were needed I'm pretty sure at least a couple of corners could be opened as a contingency from the day the tickets go on sales.

I believe that the Itchen corner would be the last to be reopened if they do open them one by one as its the one that costs most to staff. I think that corner will only be reopened in an exceptional circumstance like a guaranteed sell out i.e. Pompey or one of the big 4 in the cup.

i think it is quite safe to say the whole gorund would be open if they had sold 25,500 tickets. we used to get less than that for fulham in the prem....

So, when season ticket holders have relocated..If the corners are then re-opened, do we not get offered old seats? Or would season ticket holders have to make do with the **** seats they've had to re-locate to?

season ticket holders can swap their seat for any available seat on general sale for any game -I have done it. Therefore if they are going on sale you will be able to move there for that game.

I can't see the corners being reopened for a while. We only seem to sell out once a season.

It has been mentioned by a few on this thread already, if we draw a big club then a sell out will be almost certain. As for selling out once a season I'm sure you are not including the premiership years.

Sad to see SaintRichmond on another of his anti-Lowe rants.

I reckon the corners will open again if:

[a] We draw a big name in the cup.

We have a decent cup run to the quarters

[c] The last home game of the season if we're doing well (cf Southend 2007) or badly (cf Sheff United 2008)

[d] We start selling out the rest of the ground on a regular basis