Tahir

John B

Another three wickets today for Tahir

I think we should give a contract for the whole season for the whole season in the Championship

With Tremlett unlikely to play for England next season I do not see the need for an overseas fast bowler although Bond did well when he was not injured

Yep he's gone now. Shame.

Tahir called away from Hampshire

Hampshire will be without overseas spinner Imran Tahir for their crucial final County Championship match against Nottinghamshire on Wednesday.

Tahir has a contract with South African side Titans who want him back for the start of their season.

"He's done a great job. He's been the catalyst to all our positive results," Hampshire's acting manager Giles White told BBC Radio Solent.

Tahir has taken 36 wickets in just six Championship matches.

White added: "I'm disappointed. Titans allowed him to play for us which has been great but unfortunately part of the deal was he'd have to return after the Surrey game. He's been fantastic over the last couple of months."

Yep, Tahir could be the new Mushtaq of South Coast County Cricket - at the Rose Bowl this time - and is living proof that English batsmen haven't got a clue how to play legspin. I think that the subcontinent and the Aussies develop better spinners as they enhance the attributes a young spinner has whereas in England the dreaded MCC coaching manual comes out and the individuality that gets good players out is lost as well as the "mystery". Would Warne have ever emerged if he was English, let alone Mendis of Sri Lanka? Also, the pitches are so ruddy orientated for crappy medium-pace seamers that if a young wrist-spinner drags one down and gets hit for 4 in his first over, the skipper turns straight away back to his 35 year old 74mph plodder.

Imran Tahir unlikely to be available for our final match against Notts as he is contracted to return to SA to play for Titans.

Let's hope we give him a 2 year contract before he goes.

Hampshire have managed to keep hold of him for the Notts game.

The game has just started and is live on sky sports 1

• 2 weeks later...