CD Burning software

I am looking for some CD buring software that allows you to mix the end of one track into the beginning of the next thus getting rid of the silence between songs. I would like to be able to burn CD quality as well as MP3.

I know there are some programmes out there that do this but they quite often turn your compilation into one long song. I would like to be able to index the tracks but mix them seamlessly into one another.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

I've got the latest version and unless I'm doing something wrong then I can't find this feature anywhere :(

Although I can't recommend latest versions of Nero for their overall effectiveness in use, they do indeed provide the facility to merge tracks into each other. You do it right at the point of burning the CD itself with Nero Burning ROM. In most versions, once you've selected your tracks, you select every track after the first one and right-click on it, selecting properties thereafter. At the bottom of the page will be a merge track start/end facility, with how many seconds you wish to commit to the merge. OK now..?

Although I can't recommend latest versions of Nero for their overall effectiveness in use, they do indeed provide the facility to merge tracks into each other. You do it right at the point of burning the CD itself with Nero Burning ROM. In most versions, once you've selected your tracks, you select every track after the first one and right-click on it, selecting properties thereafter. At the bottom of the page will be a merge track start/end facility, with how many seconds you wish to commit to the merge. OK now..?

Thanks for the advice. That's really helpful. Sadly my version of Nero doesn't appear to have this facility. Do you know which versions support this feature?

Thanks for the advice. That's really helpful. Sadly my version of Nero doesn't appear to have this facility. Do you know which versions support this feature?

Version 6 certainly has it. I haven't got an up-and-running copy of anything earlier. If you're interested in how far back this facility goes, try downloading earlier versions from the link to find out. It's perfectly ok to do so, as they point out in the blurb on the webpage.

www.oldversion.com

Just go to the Nero archive. Here it is in V.6. Note the ticked box and selectable time for Crossfading. BTW, it looks old fashioned because you're looking at Windows ME. Working perfectly, I might add. :)

Crossfade.jpg

iTunes will do that for you, albeit really crudely and badly.

Toast/Nero will do it much better.

Alternatively, use Audacity and burn yourself a red book CD using DiscWrite.

Or if you've got a few grand going spare, buy a Sequoia rig.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Really odd. I have Nero 7 and it doesn't have that feature. However, I downloaded a trial of Nero 8 and it has that feature plus loads of other stuff.

Sadly the trial is only for 15 days so I need to get a product key from somewhere, otherwise I'm gonna have to shell out £40-£45 :(

Buy the key from the US site. It's cheaper. You may need to use an anonymiser for your IP address in case it shoves you straight back to the European site.