Batman Arkam asylum

saint_bert

Any truth in what my mate told me about the Joker is only playable on the PS3? If true I will not buy this

It's partly true. The joker is only playable on the PS3 version. However what Sony haven't told you is that you can't play as the Joker in the campaign mode (only The Dark Knight on all platforms), but you CAN play as the Joker in the add-on mode (which to me looks average at best) called challenge mode.

So therefore it makes no difference really, i'm getting the X360 version as i love getting achievements and can't stand the PS3 controller.

Think 360 has a Scarecrow level or something?

Thing which is guranteed about things like this is that you can bet your ass a week or so later it will be on all formats. If the 360 has some exclusive thing it will go on PS3 and vice versa. The only real exclusives this gen are games made by the console makers themself, everything else goes multi-platform sooner or later.

Also its been getting quite good reviews thus far, some saying its like an old style arcade beat-em up, which sounds great!

Edited by St Marco

InFamous ****ed me off. Got quite far then there is a jump i just cannot make, no matter what i do!

Just saw what you've written on the infamous thread,have you checked there isn't anything else that you need to grab hold of in between,or that you're sure you are going the right way. i can honestly say I found it no problem getting up there.

Just saw what you've written on the infamous thread,have you checked there isn't anything else that you need to grab hold of in between,or that you're sure you are going the right way. i can honestly say I found it no problem getting up there.

I have watched it on Youtube and all sorts, tried it over and over, using the boosters etc but still no good.

Gonna be a cripple soon, ill break it out then and keep trying but i have literally tried 8,459 times

I have watched it on Youtube and all sorts, tried it over and over, using the boosters etc but still no good.

Gonna be a cripple soon, ill break it out then and keep trying but i have literally tried 8,459 times

Was just about to post a video on here to suggest watching too. Which jump exactly is it on this video?

Just been playing the demo, Controls move smoothly and if the game works the same way could be a great game as I found the demo was way to short which most games recently have left me turning the demo off after 2 minutes (ghostbusters anyone). So now cannot wait to get this game.

It's partly true. The joker is only playable on the PS3 version. However what Sony haven't told you is that you can't play as the Joker in the campaign mode (only The Dark Knight on all platforms), but you CAN play as the Joker in the add-on mode (which to me looks average at best) called challenge mode.

So therefore it makes no difference really, i'm getting the X360 version as i love getting achievements and can't stand the PS3 controller.

Thanks for that. Will probably buy this now. Trade in TW10 I reckon I should be able to get BAA fir about 20 notes in game station w00t

Played the demo and love it! Feels very much like the old cartoon or the old Tim Burton style, very dark etc. Quality!

Also i noticed Very sell it for £39 but if you put in the code ZQ443 in checkout you should be able to knock a tenner off it! So i just orderd it from there with the code and was £32 delivered. sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

about 10 hours game play and completed the story now it's time to complete the challenges and finish the game off completely. Even though It's mainly over it has been a really addictive game and will probably run through it a good couple of times to see if I can improve on how I did the first time around. Oh and it really opens it up for some DLC to come out. Very Very good game.

Funny story about some guy who pirated the game on pc

"Piracy is a serious problem when it comes to PC games, so it's no surprise that certain copy protection measures were implemented for the upcoming port of Batman: Arkham Asylum. And it seems that those measures have already snared one unwitting victim.

According to MaxConsole, user Cheshirec_the_cat wrote on the Eidos Forums, "I've got a problem when it's time to use Batman's glide in the game. When I hold "," like it's said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there.

After another user reminded Chesirec that Arkham Asylum isn't even available on the PC yet, administrator Keir took the time to explain the problem.

"The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free," he wrote.

"It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code."

If you want to pick up a legitimate copy of Arkham Asylum on the PC, it'll be out on September 15

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175985

Dumb ass