Most crap car to be sold officially in the UK?

TopGun

The Austin Allegro gets very near, with its square steering wheel, but it has a lot of practical and clever design features from its predecessors, the Austin/Morris Mini/1100/1300/GT, so it just gets away with it.

Anyone could say a Lada, Wartburg, etc... but they were hardly sold in volume. I find myself agreeing with Top Gear, by nominating the Morris Marina as the worst car ever sold in numbers, in the UK. I personally owned a Renault 9 saloon for a few weeks before I left for NZ, back in the early 1990s, and from my perspective it was the worst car I ever drove, opened the bonnet of, or even stood near. It was simply awful.

If you had ever opened the door of a Moskovitch let alone drive one you would know that it was the most awful car on sale in the UK. The smell of the upholstery was enough to put off anyone but those with strong stomachs. The rear springs were still semi elliptic (horse cart) years after western manufacturers had abandoned them for more modern rear suspension. To drop the sump you had to either lift the engine almost out or drop the front axle ( which wouldn't come off the chassis unless you completely dismantled one of the front suspensions). As for replacing the clutch I can't even think about it without feeling slightly sick!