Last Top Gear?

sussexsaint

It did seem like they were saying goodbye to the format. I know that certain elements will continue - The Stig for instance, but perhaps they are looking at reinventing certain parts of the show and freshening it up. Not a bad idea if you ask me as there are only so many ways you can film fastish cars going round the same track and the piece on the two Aussie Vauxhalls last night hilighted how they are running out of ideas. Also they need a supply of ever faster cars to make the Power Lap section interesting and I guess there aren't as many of them coming through now given the state of the global car economy.

I like Top Gear, but they do need to make certain changes.

1. Get rid of the Hamster. He used to be funny, but now his jokes and crap play acting are just tedious.

2. Stop 'pretending' to be useless at everything. The VW advert sketch for me was all that's best and worst about TG. The crap acting of JC and May pretending to be hopeless in the boardroom and pretending to argue about how to direct the advert. The advert with the funeral, woman in the bikini and the explosion was funny however. Then I absolutely laughed my ass off at the "Berlin to Warsaw on 1 tank" advert. :D

More stuff like the Robin Reliant space shuttle (maybe slightly cheaper) and the USA and Botswana road trips.

I haven't seen the latest episodes yet (my Chinese dodgy DVD bloke obviously hasn't finished downloading them all

But seeing the fuss about them upsetting the Germans in the media today - Hooray, I actually recieved an old viral ad for a VW today (ok VERY old) .... which I then found on the internet.

I know I shouldn't but I did blast the coffee at the screen

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/vwpolo.asp

The North Pole special was the Stupidest one, The Miami to New Orleans was the funniest especially the roadkill & painted car gagsgag, but the Vietnam one, having been there was the best overall. Africa was just awesome photography

IMHO

With that final end footage, they were saying that the days of hypersupercars and even supercars are numbered, and nowt more. Can't believe no-one's got that.

And although I like it, its been painfully scripted for a few seasons now. Funny stuff happening is good. ''Funny'' stuff made to ''happen'' isn't good.

With that final end footage, they were saying that the days of hypersupercars and even supercars are numbered, and nowt more. Can't believe no-one's got that.

And although I like it, its been painfully scripted for a few seasons now. Funny stuff happening is good. ''Funny'' stuff made to ''happen'' isn't good.

It has been the last hurrah for them for many years. Sooner or later, car manufacturers have to get real. And let's face it, if you want real fun on 4 wheels, the best thing to have is an Ariel Atom**.

**OK Ponty, but not in the rain. ;)