Schumi Testing the F60

Michelle

Right, where does everyone else stand on the testing issue?

Should he be allowed to test the F60 before Valencia or not?

Personally, I think they should just use a reserve driver and Schumi shouldn't even be involved, but seeing as it's clear he's going to drive, he should be put under the same conditions that Alguersuari was.

Yes, that fact that someone else is having to drive for Ferrari is under enforced circumstances rather than team choice, but at the end of the day it should be the same rule for anyone who comes in midway through a season, no matter who they are or why it's happening.

I think the whole testing issue is dumb, but that's another topic.

No, Schumacher should not be able to test the F60, purely because Ferrari WOULD take the opportunity to try new components - no doubt about it, anyone would.

Jaime didn't test the STR before racing in Hungary and he made a pretty good fist of things. I'm sure a 7 time WDC and veteran of hundreds of GPs can handle the car after 4 hours free practice in Valencia.

I'm sure a 7 time WDC and veteran of hundreds of GPs can handle the car after 4 hours free practice in Valencia.

And the fact he's spent hours testing the 2007 car with slicks on it for the past few days. Alright, not quite the same, but still more up to date than his last drive.

How unlike Ferrari to bend the rules. Jaime was refused the opportunity to learn the STR and the same should be applied to MS. And Ponty is right, Ferrari would have all sorts of changes applied to the car that MS would use.

Ferrari have 2 other drivers who are familiar with this years car they could have used but the marketing boys thought that bringing MS back might make them a few bucks extra.