PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 10

St Marco
17-08-2009, 04:18 PM
We got the Pes 10 thread up and running so now we got both :)

I am lucky enough to have actually seen 2010 being played at a media press event a month ago.
The main thing i noticed was you no longer move in the way you normally would. A big change from previous football games as you have the ability to move in realistic 360 degrees etc. This from what i saw made things more acurate in terms of dribbling. But also in terms of running without the ball i.e looking for passes. The guy playing the game obviously had been playing it for sometime as could pull off pin point passes Alonso style. It also made tackling more realistic, no longer looked like a lunge every time you try to tackle. This in my view will make being a defender in be a pro a lot more fun.

Other then that the AI seemed a lot harder. It was always hard to begin with but in some instances it seems quite clever, especially the keeper.
The physics seem a lot better. You feel a lot more vunerable then before in that you can stumble etc..Obviously this makes it more realistic rather then looking and acting like a robot.

Can watch a brief video of gameplay footage here to see what it will looklike in terms of graphics etc, all in game gameplay, no CGI (unlike PES ;) )
http://fifa.easports.com/enGB/media.action#mediaId=t0MThvOgTakCI_Qca14w0sAh8pVoB JKO

Eurogamer will have a hands on up tommorow and in 2 days will be gamescon which will have some stuff happening according to EA.

Some screens
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5536/1247690345.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/1247690345.jpg/)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/439/1247690344.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/1247690344.jpg/)

That is the view i play in. But if your one of those who play in TV camera mode etc then here are a couple of those
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1894/e32009fifasoccer10scree.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/e32009fifasoccer10scree.jpg/)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6494/fifasoccer1020090714052.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/fifasoccer1020090714052.jpg/)

So looking forward to both games this year

RedAndWhite91
17-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Looks excellent, always been a fan of Fifa, can't wait for this one.

Draino76
17-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah I heart this. The more realistic it gets the more likely I will PWN you lot on here PMSL.

Robsk II
18-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Fifa was **** for several years, but it is clearly a genuinely decent game these days, regardless of your preference. I still wish the two amalgamated, and slowed PES down, gave Fifa licenses and scale / presentation etc, and combined the best elements of both. For me, PES always flowed better than Fifa, and in a way felt more like football for it - never predictable, even the poorer versions didn't get too tired through repetition. Yet it has always played a bit too fast, without much consideration for the slower game, the build up possession game.

A hybrid would make many weep with joy.

St Marco
18-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Eurogamer hands on
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-extended-hands-on

Seems they pretty much think its the greatest football game of all time

"Frankly, though, they could take them out completely, and strip away most of the licences, and ditch the improved animations and player likenesses, and FIFA 10 would still impress. It's the ultimate testament to its transformation, in a sense, because what would be left is a similar vision to Pro Evolution Soccer during its heyday of a few years ago. It's hard to imagine that the finished game, which of course does include all of the above, will be any less revered: over dozens of matches between half a dozen cynical football fans across two days at EA Canada, there isn't a single dull game, and it's hard to recall a single pattern emerging - either as a result of the game, or of a player's lack of tactical imagination."

jawillwill
18-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I might well buy this. But I need to decide whether to buy a PS3 or XBox first. :confused:

I will buy whatever the first person to reply tells me to (maybe) (as things stand I'm leaning towards the ps3).

Bentley
18-08-2009, 09:55 PM
New PS3 slim.

St Marco
18-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I got Fifa on both formats and the only difference is PS3 version is slightly less bright. That is it.
Reason i have both is because im a cheap bastard who does not want to pay for xbox live :)

Quick update though about Fifa 10

"Virtual Pro Mode" - Like with Fight Night you can add yourself into the game digitally and play be a pro looking like yourself. Major impressed with this on FN so if it is the same tool then will be great in Fifa.

Ludwig
18-08-2009, 10:45 PM
It was in the last FIFA.

jawillwill
19-08-2009, 09:47 PM
New PS3 slim.

I was thinking about waiting for this.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was just looking round at rough prices etc. Can someone explain to me why at places like Game:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068&cm_sp=ps3-_-topnav-_-bundles

the new improved 120GB ps3 slim will cost exactly the same as a normal 80GB PS3.....which also seems to cost the same as a normal ps3 WITH a game? (all 249.99) Am I missing something obvious? :confused:

St Marco
19-08-2009, 10:17 PM
It was in the last FIFA.

Nah this is different. It's technical name is "Gameface" where you put a digital photo online and then can download the 3d you into the game. Has only been in Tiger Woods and Fight Night. Is 1st time in any other game.
http://www.easports.com/blogs/fifa/offthebench/post/slug/fifa-10s-virtual-pro-welcome-to-the-start-of-your-virtual-football-career

As i said i have used the tool in Fight Night and thought it was pretty accurate so if it is the exact same thing then should be good.

Robsk II
19-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty certain 'gameface' is not the technical name. I expect it's more the application of custom texture maps. Still. You are some 'industry insider', so you know more than everyone else.

St Marco
20-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty certain 'gameface' is not the technical name. I expect it's more the application of custom texture maps. Still. You are some 'industry insider', so you know more than everyone else.

Well it was called it in Tiger Woods and Fight Night so naturally would imagine that is what it is called in Fifa but even if it is not then it is still the same thing :)

Scummer
20-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Didn't they have a Fifa 2010 booth at Swindon the other night? Near the main entrance? FIFA 2010 is one of Swindon's sponsors.

Danny
20-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I was thinking about waiting for this.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was just looking round at rough prices etc. Can someone explain to me why at places like Game:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068&cm_sp=ps3-_-topnav-_-bundles

the new improved 120GB ps3 slim will cost exactly the same as a normal 80GB PS3.....which also seems to cost the same as a normal ps3 WITH a game? (all 249.99) Am I missing something obvious? :confused:

Nope, I can't see any reason for the way Game are pricing the PS3!

With the bigger HDD, I guess the Slim is a better deal than the original PS3 bundled with a game, but there's probably not much in it.

That said, I think the new Slim is really ugly and cheap looking from the pictures I've seen. Not that you look at the console other than to put the disc in!

Edit: Just found this - it's not as bad looking as I first thought. http://www.engadget.com/photos/ps3-slim-vs-ps3-original-vs-xbox-360-fight/2217133/

jawillwill
20-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Nope, I can't see any reason for the way Game are pricing the PS3!

With the bigger HDD, I guess the Slim is a better deal than the original PS3 bundled with a game, but there's probably not much in it.

That said, I think the new Slim is really ugly and cheap looking from the pictures I've seen. Not that you look at the console other than to put the disc in!

Edit: Just found this - it's not as bad looking as I first thought. http://www.engadget.com/photos/ps3-slim-vs-ps3-original-vs-xbox-360-fight/2217133/

Hmmm....so I take it the slim can do everything the ps3 can do then?....it's just smaller and better?

Deanovski
20-08-2009, 02:04 PM
not backwards compatable and no wifi

jawillwill
20-08-2009, 11:02 PM
not backwards compatable and no wifi

No Wi-fi? Really?

jawillwill
20-08-2009, 11:24 PM
No Wi-fi? Really?

Just looked.....yes it does :confused:

Danny
21-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Hmmm....so I take it the slim can do everything the ps3 can do then?....it's just smaller and better?

Yeah, pretty much. It doesn't have backwards compatibility for PS2 games (I think it does for PS1) but that's no problem, as only the very first 60GB PS3's can play PS2 games anyway.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

Draino76
02-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Can you imagine how **** Saints are gonna be this year? Last year was bad enough LOL.

skintsaint
02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
always loved how Fifa makes all the lower league teams slow...no pace..i mean its ****** how they do it..not one player with pace

St Marco
02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
demo will be out on 10th

St Marco
07-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Some videos just been released from Pax event

Martin Tyler tutorial....
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/fifa-10-tutorial-1

360 degrees dribbling video
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/fifa-10-360-degree-dribbling

3 days to go until demo :)

MattC88
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
You can create your FIFA 10 Game Face already. A simple google search brings it up, you have to wait a little while for a confirmation email to get going, but it is pretty cool.

saintsforlife7
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Where's the demo? Thought it was today?

gaz
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Mine is downloading on XBL now, 973.43MB. :P

saintmorley
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
im hearing rumours that the PS3 version has been pushed back to tomorrow now. how hard can it be for them to say a date and stick to it? especially if the xbox version is out on time

St Marco
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
still waiting for mine to download....

I think i read somewhere that Sony updates the store at 5pm uk time so maybe it will be added then.

gaz
10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Right, downloaded, played a few matches.....it looks the same as 08 but plays much more fluidly. Its hard to describe, but through balls actually work for me now. :D

Loving the idea of multiplayer practice sessions. Basically an Xbox Live Party, with a ball. :)

St Marco
10-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah have also played a fair few games now. I played straight away on the highest setting as come on now we are all quite experienced these days!

What can i say, the best just got a whole lot better. The first thing i noticed was they have done a lot of work on that whole "keep my finger on x or a and i will magically tackle the player" thing. I did it and was seen to have caused a foul. And this is the thing, that tackle now has new animations were if you just barge into someone and press it you will get done for it. If you do it at the right time where the player has the ball slightly away from his feet you will stick a foot in and get the ball. Or it can cause you both to jostle i.e shoulder to shoulder.
The other thing i noticed a massive change in was crossing. You can cross the ball so much better now with curving crosses in different directions.
Tackling seems much better and the AI is once again very difficult.
The comentary had changed which is great because last years was the same as 08's. Probably the best comentary i have seen in a game and sounds a lot more realistic. The crowd seems a lot more noiser now too.

The thing which i like the most though is the 360 degrees movements. After being so used to the old games it is funny as you try and get used to it as before you just ran in a straight line but now you can see you vere a little bit and that is simply down to where i was holding the stick.
The animations are awesome and thank god they have sorted it so the ref does not book you for your 1st bad tackle unless it really is a booking. I got an animation that was different then the old ones where it looked like the ref was giving the player a final warning, which was cool.
So very impressed and can't wait for the real game. Apparently the demo is a couple months old now so like last year they will just polish things up before release.

I scored a beauty goal with Lampard, and thats the other great thing you can save goals and show them to people
http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9085759
You can see in that what i mean about the little touch to nab the ball.

Great game

Saint Charlie
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Still not on Playstation Store! Bloody annoying!

EDIT: Its available now!

Sfc90
10-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Played a fair few games and well impressed.
Dribbling
Crossing
Commentary
Graphics

All Awesome.

Although it does seem very easy to give away a free kick at the moment, i think its mainly due to the fact that you can't just hold A and win the ball anymore so it will become a lot better especially playing online.

St Marco
10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
think i prefer having it on slow speed and semi manual, normal seems a fraction to fast in the demo i think

Robsk II
10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I think that EA's decision to offer a ****ter version for PC is retarded. Yes, I am aware of their reasons, and console-centric idiots might well make some stupid and predictable (but always repeated, never fulfilled) comment about the PC being an increasingly irrelevent platform - but the fact is it that it is one reason I won't consider buying it. PES does this right, at least, and while this is due to their core markets, it still seems to make more sense to me to do as Konami have done - simple have scalability options. PES looks better on the PC than anywhere else if you've got a decent system, and rightly so.

Draino76
11-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Got from the PSN last night. It deninatley feels a bit more fliuid and the though ball (triangle) is a bit more precise.

I don't see a huge difference though.

gaz
11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I played about 10-15 matches with some mates round here last night, then switched over to Fifa 09....well, that games ruined for me now. It feels like you're playing in custard on 09 compared to 10. Seriously can't wait for it now. :D

jawillwill
11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Just downloading it on the PS3 now. Do downloads with everyone else take so long (sorry I'm still relitively new to the ps3). It's been going about an hour and I'm still only 44% done.
Also, can I play games if I'm downloading it in the background or does it slow/stop the download - I'M bored and want to try and finish MGS4 but dont want to have to cancel the download this far into it.

saintsforlife7
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Played a few games, agreed it's better than last year and through balls are perfect but all the players running in exactly the same motion is a bit weird.
Admittedly it's an older version but still, and creating an opening with Barcelona is harder than it should be, Messi was getting caught in a sprint which hardly ever happens, and he doesn't glide on the pitch as all the players run the same.
Petr Cech only 68 overall rating? Since when was Ross Turnbull better than Cech?
Might be a bit picky but things I certainly hope they improve before release

Bentley
11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Played a couple of games with the demo.

Noticed that the power up when you shoot or cross when sprinting have disappeared for some reason. Wouldn't understand why EA got rid of it, but hey, you can feel how powerful the shot is anyway.

Headers are much easier to score I've found. Running to the byline and crossing across the box is the way I've been scoring most in my games. I haven't really noticed the 360 dribbling yet. I think I've only found something that resembles it when I am defending and haven't got the ball.

Every pass is much less automated by the game, so you actually have to pay attention to where you are aiming the ball. The new animations are really top notch, a highlight for me was when Xavi was running the ball near the corner flag to fly in a cross, Bosingwa actually jumped and threw his back in the way of it. I don't know why everyone is saying they are giving away free kicks too easily, I don't think I've given away more than 4 in about 5 matches.

Overall, nothing game changing happened from last year, which is probably a good thing.

St Marco
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I do really like the game but there are a few things i dislike

When you score or when you get booked sometimes it goes into a animation where the crowd is blurred. They should of left it like it was. I realise they probably did that so they could increase graphics or something but it just feels a little 2003 or something.
Another thing is the subs view when it does the stadium look etc.. can't they just get the 4th official holding up a board or something?

Love the quick free kicks and the stadium effects, especially when you pass it about and the crowd cheer or applaud certain play's. Or when time is nearly up they whistle etc.

Nexstar
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Just downloading it on the PS3 now. Do downloads with everyone else take so long (sorry I'm still relitively new to the ps3). It's been going about an hour and I'm still only 44% done.
Also, can I play games if I'm downloading it in the background or does it slow/stop the download - I'M bored and want to try and finish MGS4 but dont want to have to cancel the download this far into it.

Xbox is the way forward, took me 8 minutes to download :)

Really quite like the game, the 360 degree movement makes the whole gameplay a lot smoother and the physical aspect makes it more exciting. Also enjoying some of the spectacular keeper saves, along with some spectacular goals.

My only issue is in the arena after you've missed a shot the camera goals all weird when setting you back to the start, kind of like your in a fast moving car that's suddenly stopped.

Draino76
13-09-2009, 01:00 PM
AP clearly was not consulted on substitutions again for this game.

St Marco
14-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Have now played both 360 and ps3 version for sometime and once again the only difference between the two is 360 is brighter. Why the fook do they keep doing that? How hard can it be to just increase brightness on the game?

If you look at this eurogamer did a piece showing what i mean
http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?game_id=11829&article_id=757593#anchor

EDIT: Just read the forums and they have changed it for the real game, yay.

They are saying a lot has been changed from the real version and the demo. They had to cut back on a few things so to keep the download size small so people on all connections could get it. The commentary in supposed to be different too so that will be interesting.

NN2 Saint
14-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone know if the Ultimate Team option will be available in this version really enjoyed it on 09

RedAndWhite91
15-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Really impressed, I think the physics are spot on and it feels a lot more real. Just one question - Why is John Motson the stadium announcer?!

Saint_clark
15-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Well I thought it was crap to be honest. Graphics were great and the commentary is lightyears ahead of Pro Evo, but it just doesn't feel like you could play it for hours on end.

skintsaint
15-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Graphics virtually the same as 09, play is a bit zippier now. Some wierd ****e happening in game though...keepers palming soft headers etc but im sure that will be all ironed out.

Also easy to score straight from the corner which needs to be sorted.

saintsmike25
15-09-2009, 07:52 PM
The animations are good.
The shooting feels a bit better however far too easy to score, keepers aren't really very good at all.
Through balls again far too easy.
Defending at times seems less in 'control'
Slide challenges are pretty useless.
Crossing is MUCH MUCH better.
Dribbling still a big weak point, the "anologue stick" is fairly redundant.
Still gonna stick to pro.
And the A.I seems really not very good at all.

skintsaint
17-09-2009, 01:56 PM
BOOM

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9362716

St Marco
17-09-2009, 09:05 PM
interesting to see how old the demo build is
http://www.epltalk.com/scooreys-fifa-10-gameplay-impressions/10921

Acording to those guys even on the release of the demo the build was three build's old. That is a longtime ago.

I remember the samething happened with 08. The demo and final game were very different.

St Marco
17-09-2009, 09:08 PM
and great goal skintsaint!

St Marco
18-09-2009, 11:04 AM
also check this video out, it is some guy showing you how to do the tricks, one of the best game videos i seen and shows what you can do if you bother to practice :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tgRw8I7U0&feature=channel

RedAndWhite91
18-09-2009, 11:08 AM
The commentary needs a bit of touching up; during a penalty shoot out their player scored, and Tyler started banging on about how he had missed, how it was a shame and that he'd see me next time... The penalty shoot out then carried on as normal. In another match I scored a great goal, Frank Lampard DiCanio'd it from about 18 yards and then to celebrate I did the old smack the chest/badge and Andy Gray started going on about how that sort of celebration was unnacceptable and had a right old rant!!!!

Saint Benali
18-09-2009, 11:15 AM
also check this video out, it is some guy showing you how to do the tricks, one of the best game videos i seen and shows what you can do if you bother to practice :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tgRw8I7U0&feature=channel

Wow that is quality. That guy has some serious skills

The9
18-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Played the /FIFA10 demo on 360 two days ago, liked the fluidity of everything, massively impressed by the look and feel of the game, much less cartoony than before, and the ball no longer feels like a balloon. No more Jason Euell-style controlling be ball with bandy legs, it all looks excellent.

About time they put the effort in on goalkeepers' shirts too...

What I disliked the same old "all players are the same" FIFA nonsense - it still feels like there's no difference in players, and strategically I'm not convinced anything makes a difference other than formation.

However, it is MUCH better than last year's effort, which I didn't particularly like because of the clown faces and balloon ball, but was still decent.

For some reason I still ended up with PES2010 on for 3 hours yesterday though...

St Marco
18-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree pretty much the9. But i think you do notice the differences with the players. For example if i play as Barca i will try and get the ball out to Messi simply because he seems to be better at dribbling then the others. I can run at a defender and fool him into think im going one way when i actually going the other way. I think that is a lot like him. Same as Ibrahimovic, he is good at keeping hold of the ball and getting the ball down. I can notice each player from their likeness (the players i know anyway).
In contrast i actually thought that was one of the weaker areas for PES10 this year.
Gerrard,Torres,Messi,Henry,Inesta,Xavi,Alonso (coz he is still playing for liverpool in the demo) all look fantastic. But the rest look a bit wierd looking in places.

The thing is i find Fifa 10 has improved on a lot but also in some ways gone backwards. But the ways they have gone forwards is in terms of gameplay and backwards in presentation. With PES10 it is the opposite, they have gone backwards in terms of gameplay but forwards in terms of presentation. It is sad that they can't just team up and fuse the two games together because if you had fifa's gameplay and pro evo's presentation the game would be amazing.

Reading the PES forums i think most are unhappy about the game. You know it is bad when a guy who has 18000 posts on there and admin replies to the question "what build is the demo?" with "the **** build" hehe.
The PES crowd seem quite a critical bunch!
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=72662

The9
18-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Reading the PES forums i think most are unhappy about the game. You know it is bad when a guy who has 18000 posts on there and admin replies to the question "what build is the demo?" with "the **** build" hehe.
The PES crowd seem quite a critical bunch!
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=72662

Reading the PES forums you'd be surprised any of them had ever bothered to play it, it's been non-stop beyatching since PES3, and the game's made massive improvements since then.

However, give me PES6 for PS2 on a Next-Gen console with full kit editing, photo imports, 64 boot slots, the new style sliders to affect team positioning and choices, 3D player modelling, a stadium designer, a league and cup editor and unlimited team slots and I'd never play another game.

As for the **** build, they've probably heard there are better builds out there, hence the response.

PS The missus scored from 30 yards with Ibrahimavic past Petr Cech in her first ever FIFA10 game, couldn't believe it.

saint_stevo
18-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I hate it, i really do. Nasty camera angles, nasty in game controls, nasty commentary. Hate it. Might be because i am PES thru and thru, even as far back as ISS....but this feels like when you pick up your cup expecting tea, and getting coffee

St Marco
18-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I would consider myself PES through and through and have bought all but one version.

However being that fan makes me realise how far the series has fallen. The fact i looked at Fifa 07 after not playing one since 2000 shows the downward spiral was noted awhile ago.

Before ISS i was a Fifa player, before that a kick off player. I like football games and will give them all a fair chance.

So it is good to read peoples opinions on both the series but as yet the only criticism i have seen/read of Fifa this year is normally followed by the words "i am a PES fan".

I think one of those guys on the PES forum summed it up perfectly "You are used to what you are used to and to change will always be hard for some".

Im just a fan of the better game and 99.9% of people will say Fifa 10 is better then PES 10. There are a few things i dislike about it but overall the things which are important have been improved such as the gameplay. The dribbling is better then PES, the crossing is better then PES, the shooting overall is better then PES, the corners are better then PES, the throw in's are better then PES, the penalties are better then PES the AI is better then PES, the animations are better then PES etc etc. You can go on for days.

The tactics stuff is better in PES but that is because we have not seen the Fifa version yet which is in the full game. If what they showed from the gamespot footage of gamescon is in the final product then again Fifa will win that section too simply because you can create anything you want to create in terms of plays/tactics etc, complete freedom. No sliders. You can tweak those changes on the fly in arena or practice matches. Again as i said can go on for days.
EA have added a lot to the game to justify shelling out again and overall it is an improvment.

Where as PES to me just seems like the last three versions. No real change at all and if anything has now become to noob friendly in that anybody can play it, it does not take as much skill to play. Like that tricks video above, a good player can do those things, most cannot. In PES you have 2 dribbling animations and that is it. Very very limited.

But it is as i said a matter of opinions, some who are used to it will love it and those who are not will probably not. But one statement is true in that recently more people are being converted to fifa players then pro evo players, there has to be a reason for that.

skintsaint
18-09-2009, 03:44 PM
nasty in game controls,

:lol: you can change them to be exactly like PES.

Regarding the commentry this is only a small sample for easy download apparently.

Deanovski
18-09-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9308396

St Marco
18-09-2009, 04:33 PM
cracker of a goal, mine are never that good. I scored with a scissor kick but it was not that amazing, basically a cross came in i scissor kicked it and got the angles all wrong, it hit the ground and bounced over the keeper like a sort of lob.... guess they all count right :P

Deanovski
18-09-2009, 04:52 PM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9245098

St Marco
22-09-2009, 09:53 AM
fifa tv advert
http://kotaku.com/5364651/fifa-10-trailer-shows-where-eas-money-went

skintsaint
22-09-2009, 10:22 AM
good ad

RedAndWhite91
22-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah saw the ad at half time during the United v City game I think, was impressed.

St Marco
24-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Well Eurogamer have got their review up
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

Wont ruin it for you but wow they really go for it against Pro Evo

Pro Evolution Soccer finds itself in the Liverpool role these days. Demoted to second-best in 2008 after a few years of increasing stagnation, Konami will not enjoy FIFA 10. Conflicting embargoes mean that we can't put the two latest instalments head to head until our PES 2010 review on 15th October, but unless something dramatic has happened since last month, the gap is ever more significant. If last year saw FIFA knocking PES off its perch, this year it's chasing it around the birdcage with a plank of wood and a sledgehammer

That is funny as ****

Draino76
27-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Just got my copy today. Plus a free football. Blockbustas lady said 'yeah, there still boxed up out the back, but I can open it if you want'.

D76, 'yeah ok.'

Will play and review later.

St Marco
27-09-2009, 03:00 PM
you jammy bugger!

reviews wise it has 92% on metacritic, think that makes it one of the best reviewed sports games of all time.

sfcjmcsfc16
27-09-2009, 03:21 PM
bull**** draino

Draino76
27-09-2009, 09:25 PM
bull**** draino

Tee hee. I'm sorry I cannot say anymore on this matter.

saintsmike25
28-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Im just a fan of the better game and 99.9% of people will say Fifa 10 is better then PES 10. There are a few things i dislike about it but overall the things which are important have been improved such as the gameplay. The dribbling is better then PES, the crossing is better then PES, the shooting overall is better then PES, the corners are better then PES, the throw in's are better then PES, the penalties are better then PES the AI is better then PES, the animations are better then PES etc etc. You can go on for days.

The tactics stuff is better in PES but that is because we have not seen the Fifa version yet which is in the full game. If what they showed from the gamespot footage of gamescon is in the final product then again Fifa will win that section too simply because you can create anything you want to create in terms of plays/tactics etc, complete freedom. No sliders. You can tweak those changes on the fly in arena or practice matches. Again as i said can go on for days.

The corners are much better in PES.
The AI is far better.
The tactics are much more useful I find.
Crossing seems FAR too easy on Fifa.. (on PES it's more satisfying as you have to judge where your player will be) Fifa i hit it midpower everytime = perfect header.
Dribbling it depends I like how it's harder on PES, on Fifa it's easier but it feels like the ball is stuck to the feet sometimes..
There's no way on earth the shooting is better on Fifa than PES, the shooting on this years PES is absolutely immense, the only thing that needs slight improving is chips, anyone score a screamer on FIFA & then on PES & Tell me which felt more satisfying.

The fact is it's down to opinions, Marco you strike me as someone whose more of a Fifa player, but what people are starting to find is this years PES if you give it a chance is a grower if you read the PESFAN forums then you'll see alot of people who were initially disappointed with the demo who are now hailing it as one of the best PES's to date.

Fifa is more instantly likeable but I don't get the same feel for the game, and the novelty just wears off for me after a while, it's a great game but just somehow feels a bit too.. 'forced' the defending in Fifa just feels pretty awful too.

St Marco
28-09-2009, 03:16 PM
The corners are much better in PES.
The AI is far better.
The tactics are much more useful I find.
Crossing seems FAR too easy on Fifa.. (on PES it's more satisfying as you have to judge where your player will be) Fifa i hit it midpower everytime = perfect header.
Dribbling it depends I like how it's harder on PES, on Fifa it's easier but it feels like the ball is stuck to the feet sometimes..
There's no way on earth the shooting is better on Fifa than PES, the shooting on this years PES is absolutely immense, the only thing that needs slight improving is chips, anyone score a screamer on FIFA & then on PES & Tell me which felt more satisfying.

The fact is it's down to opinions, Marco you strike me as someone whose more of a Fifa player, but what people are starting to find is this years PES if you give it a chance is a grower if you read the PESFAN forums then you'll see alot of people who were initially disappointed with the demo who are now hailing it as one of the best PES's to date.

Fifa is more instantly likeable but I don't get the same feel for the game, and the novelty just wears off for me after a while, it's a great game but just somehow feels a bit too.. 'forced' the defending in Fifa just feels pretty awful too.

I would actually say i was now more a fan of Fifa yes.

But i was once a massive hater of Fifa and a huge PES fan. PES5 will be my favourite football game i think, even more so then Kick Off or Sensible World of Soccer. Still play it on pc now and then.

You are entitled to your opinion mate and i respect you for it.
But i disagree in every aspect.

The AI in Fifa is hardcore, it is realistic in it's movements and everything. PES10 is up there with the worst AI i have seen in any game not just a football game. In one of those reviews someone comments that if PES10 was say a first person action game the AI would be the equivelent of the opponents standing still while grenades, bombs and fire are coming at them and then looking at each other and then firing in the opposite direction to where your facing. It is so poorly coded.

The corners in Fifa10 blow PES10 out of the water. You can now actually decide your own corners and put people wherever you want. But if you can't be arsed with that you can just do any type of corner you want with various button presses i.e 2 hits of A = ball hit to just outside the penalty box etc..

Crossing in PES10 does not exist. There are various types of crossing in Fifa10 with various differnt types of height and weight. You can cross one in with a bend or try a Rise type rocket that goes straight. Fifa09 had **** poor crossing as was like launching a baloon and hoping your player got to it before their keeper. So Fifa10 compared to 09 is a huge improvement in terms of crossing. PES10 gives you a delayed long cross, and that is it, no bend no nothing.

I could go on but i wont. I read the PES forums, always have. Part of me knows that PES could be great again and each year i wonder if this is the year. But seriously most PES fans this year conceed it has pretty much died on it's ass. The forum is full of angry people ****ed at Konami. If you read the first page they have a poll and 39% state they are very unhappy in it. They have the mod of that site openly saying the game is ****, etc etc. Plus Konami have blocked magazines/websites from putting up reviews with embargoes. Rumour has it they have to wait until 15th october before they can do that. Now this is not rare it happens a lot but in this instance there is a reason for it. Early reports say PES10 is going to get savaged review wise. Eurogamer is one website that will most likely put up a very brutal review and the key thing here is they are the UK guy's. They know football, they know football games.
Today should see the first review come out from Official Playstation mag and the few other ones Konami knows will give them a fair ride i.e IGN and Playstation Mag. Those websites normally favour Konami.

But you don't need a review to see how far backwards the game has gone, you can see it for yourself. And this is why i dislike PES and like Fifa now. Because Fifa feels like how PES used to feel. The things we hated fifa for we liked in pes, the roles have reversed now so surely that logic must now be applied the other way? EA are trying to do their best, you can see how much they care about the game because of the sheer amount of work they do with the fans of it, they are fans of football themself. Where as Konami just lie about it all. Last year they said sorry for the poor game they made and would go back to start again. They didn't do that so will be interesting to hear what they have to say this time.
The best thing PES can do is take it out of the annual list. Take it away and work on it as long as it takes. Because right now PES10 is playing like an old gen game, it is out of date and stale. Being released every year was the worst thing to happen to it.

So as i said you are entitled to your opinion but in terms of progression Fifa is going forwards and is positive overall, where as PES seems the opposite to me, that is what i think.

gaz
28-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Play have it listed as in stock and ready for delivery. :D

Saint Charlie
28-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Play have it listed as in stock and ready for delivery. :D

Wonder if thats true? Was going to ask where is best to pre-order it?

hypochondriac
28-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I "acquired" it. It's cool.

GuttedAnt
28-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I want to "acquire" it. :(

Bentley
29-09-2009, 09:26 AM
As a 'Will probably buy both games' man (AKA, nerd). The demo for PES2010 was 70% build over here. If you download Winning 11 demo in Japan, it's 90%.

You'll be surprised how much difference there is between them.

Pro Evo definitely isn't as bad as people are making out it is. It does some aspects better than FIFA, such as shooting and crossing, but is a lot less polished.

So while I like FIFA better than Pro Evo at the moment, and it all comes down to opinions, if anyone says to you that Pro Evo is getting worse, immediately disregard that.

St Marco
29-09-2009, 11:32 AM
if anyone says to you that Pro Evo is getting worse, immediately disregard that.

even though on the official forums 40% of people on their poll think it is?

horses for courses i guess but i'm in the same camp as most people seem to be in that it is ****.

DarrenLeTiss
29-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone know where the cheapest place to get this for the PS3 is?

Bentley
29-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I saw that poll on the forum you mentioned, then some played the WE10 demo.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=72831

St Marco
29-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Well it will be interesting to see how the final build is because the eurogamer guy has played the full version, the release version and pretty much said it was worse.

I have not played the WE version as don't have a Japanese PSN account. But i somehow doubt Konami would release a demo that was supposedly months old in europe/america and then all of a sudden have this great game with all these improvements etc only 2 weeks later. The ironic thing is those few people who are saying it is great are the ones who said the orgional demo was great....go figure how that works.

I will give it a rent and see how it is but people i know who have played the retail version do not sound as happy as those few guys do that is for sure. In fact the one guy on there who is mr pes, always has nice things to say etc.. say's "the difference is miminal, you are hyping it up". So it is hard to know who to believe.

It is possible that it is better, it happened with Fifa 08 i.e the demo and retail were very different. Guess we will find out soon enough hey.

Nexstar
29-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I has fifa 10, again "acquired", the arena can be turned into a really good training area and I especially like the set piece creator.

St Marco
29-09-2009, 04:04 PM
jammy buggers, hoping Game do what Game do and give me the game a day early on thursday.

A few questions though for those who have the full game already

They say that the demo and full version are quite different. The demo was 5 builds ago and a lot of things have been polished up. So was wondering if you notice any differences from the demo to the final version? Are the replays like how they were on 09 where you would get a reply quite often or like in the demo where you only get a replay if it really is a close shot or a save?

Also reading the reviews they say the further you get down the leagues the harder it is i.e you notice that playing in league 2 is more rough and not as technical as say the prem league. I'm guessing most of you have started as Saints so do you find that to be true? How good is our team?

And the other thing is they said they would bring back 5v5 on be a pro online (as well as 10 vs 10) has that been brought back?

ta :)

saint_stevo
29-09-2009, 05:00 PM
how are people 'acquiring' this?!

skintsaint
30-09-2009, 07:09 AM
how are people 'acquiring' this?!

for example:

http://www.mininova.org/com/2988512

JonnyLove
30-09-2009, 10:41 AM
for example:

http://www.mininova.org/com/2988512

Bunch of theiving Pikeys the lot of you

St Marco
30-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Ah, but wouldn't you get banned the minute it went online to play? I have no idea about copying games.

Also thought i would add that the very very biased PSM (Playstation Magazine) who are bigtime Konami supporters and normally Pro PES have released their reviews today. They were the company Konami turned to and gave them exclusive rights for the first review for PES10. They normally give them a 90% no matter what they do. Like last year PES09 everyone was giving 70% and 75% reviews and they gave it 90%.
So this month they were the ones due to continue the good name of the PES series.

So what happened?

Well they gave PEs2010 a 89%.........and Fifa2010 a 90% score.

So more evidence to show PES has indeed gone backwards and the fact Konami need to pick the magazines that are allowed to review their games means they are running bigtime damage control.

And there you have it, the biggest Ally to PES has now openly admitted Fifa is now better.

hypochondriac
30-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Ah, but wouldn't you get banned the minute it went online to play? I have no idea about copying games.

Also thought i would add that the very very biased PSM (Playstation Magazine) who are bigtime Konami supporters and normally Pro PES have released their reviews today. They were the company Konami turned to and gave them exclusive rights for the first review for PES10. They normally give them a 90% no matter what they do. Like last year PES09 everyone was giving 70% and 75% reviews and they gave it 90%.
So this month they were the ones due to continue the good name of the PES series.

So what happened?

So more evidence to show PES has indeed gone backwards and the fact Konami need to pick the magazines that are allowed to review their games means they are running bigtime damage control.

And there you have it, the biggest Ally to PES has now openly admitted Fifa is now better.

No you wouldn't. You need to get it patched. 2 years online and not banned yet!

Nexstar
30-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah I had FIFA 09 as a download and have never had a problem online. Suffice to say i'll be waiting until friday before using xbox live on it, just in case.

St Marco
30-09-2009, 04:51 PM
ah well i hope you guy's don't get caught!

One last thing. There is a update for the game on the day of release. They say it is to add/change things which they did after the game had gone gold. All the feedback they got from people from the demo etc they used to create the patch. So won't be huge changes but shows that they care what people think. Couple of days to go now yay.

St Marco
30-09-2009, 05:16 PM
always one more thing.....

Was just browsing the fifa forum and noticed someone has set up a saints team on there. I notice a few names from this site.
So thought i would pass on the thread to those guys who like , a virtual saints club....
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-manager-mode/821599-southampton-f-c-ea-united.html

So well done whoever did that stuff about us, top man.

And don't forget if you enjoy the be a pro stuff loads of leagues on the official league thing for you to play in
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/online-leagues/

bpsaint
30-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Still unsure whther i'm going to buy it yet as have both 08 and 09 and there wasn't a great deal of difference between the 2. Ive played the demo but those that have the full game would you say its still worth a buy?

Robsk II
30-09-2009, 07:40 PM

So what happened?

Seriously, are you PAID by EA or what? You always go on about supposedly being a writer for the games industry, yet it seems clear that your writing is poor, and you never, eer show much in the way of objectivity about anything.

St Marco
30-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Seriously, are you PAID by EA or what? You always go on about supposedly being a writer for the games industry, yet it seems clear that your writing is poor, and you never, eer show much in the way of objectivity about anything.

When have i ever said i am a writer for the games industry?!
I am a media analyst....
i.e i get paid by companies to research into various things and give an opinion. Like for example how popular a service could be, or how people would react to a product hitting the market, if a company is worth buying etc etc

I have on a few occasions been asked to do some work for computer software companies.

So you sort of contradict yourself there by saying i don't object to things when i have said PES10 is crap.

This is a Fifa thread, about Fifa. Some people have given their views on it and made statements and they are entitled to them. I myself have my own opinions on the same subject and overall that view is shared in the whole media. As mentioned right now Fifa10 has a 92% metacritic score. Making it
currently the 9th highest scoring Playstation game, ever. I imagine it's pretty high on the 360 list too. It is the highest scoring sports game of all time.
If it was an action game say COD4 everyone would be raving about it. As a football fan myself i see how good it is.

So i think the problem is your end mate not mine. Everything i have said about the game has come from the reviews of the game. I have not played the game, i have not got the game. Only going on what people have said.

If you prefer PES10 then that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion but mine is as i mention many times that it feels like a con job, which is just what EA used to do.

I thought we all moved on from this whole "let's have a go at people" thing?

Genk
01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone pre-order through Game and NOT get it in the post today? I'm angry now, usually get it a day early

saintsmike25
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I'll admit Fifa is looking very good this year and is instantly likeable I'm going to get both titles, because PES still is the game I'm more comfortable with, I'd go as to far to say both titles are looking superb this year and Konami have made changes in the right direction but for the BETTER game is Fifa for most people (not me included) I've been playing PES and ISS ever since 1998 so to transfer to another series is hard for me. I still get those magic moments from it, the problem i find with Fifa it doesn't capture the same sort of multi-player moments that PES does.

But this year we should be glad we have two great games to choose from, it all comes down to your own preferances and style of play.

Tac-tics
01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Just got it, love it, and Andy Gray has alot of pre recorded things to say about Saints, even mentions the takeover.

Deanovski
01-10-2009, 02:50 PM
cmon let us know how good saints are

Tac-tics
01-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Lamabert is 70,perry has hair

jawillwill
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Just got it, love it, and Andy Gray has alot of pre recorded things to say about Saints, even mentions the takeover.

Haven't got it yet but I was playing the demo again the other day and had to giggle when Andy Gray was talking about small clubs and mentioned Portsmouth.

St Marco
01-10-2009, 03:46 PM
fecking game let me down as did not arrive early :(

So how are Saints in it then any good?

Also i think i read they mention you can edit stadiums now and give them things like new names, is that true?

skintsaint
01-10-2009, 05:45 PM
5.5 hours till i get my copy.....come on!

Nexstar
01-10-2009, 05:48 PM
fecking game let me down as did not arrive early :(

So how are Saints in it then any good?

Also i think i read they mention you can edit stadiums now and give them things like new names, is that true?

Not sure about the stadiums but Saints are 1 and a half stars. Lallana seems to be a pretty good player.

Making a Be A Pro player he starts out at rating 70 and when added to the team makes Saints up to two stars.

Nexstar
01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Also really liking the look of the online Be a Pro, where you make yourself, create a team, get friends to join that team and then join a regional league and compete! :)

Deanovski
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
cmon some one post fecking player rating how can we be 1 half stars when we never had a 70 in our team last season and do now

St Will
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
If I go to Tesco at midnight will then have it dya think?! :-P

Saints foreva
01-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Saints are 1 and half star at the beginning but then if you download the latest squad update - this puts Papa and Jaidi in the team and we go up to 2 stars.

It also makes Kelvs rating go up to 67 and if you play Lallana RM he is 67 I think.

Wayne Thomas is a bit of a ***** on it though. Always get pushed off the ball!

Saint Charlie
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Can someone post the complete Saints squad with ratings?

hypochondriac
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Can someone post the complete Saints squad with ratings?

RL is 70.

St Marco
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Now that you can put digital photos in the game technically you could virtually create him in the game, would be quite funny to see.

Draino76
01-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok I can now plug in my innernet?

Draino76
01-10-2009, 11:04 PM
To the PS3. :P

hypochondriac
02-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I heart fifa.

Genk
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Why do we not have Jaidi or Papa. How do you get them in the squad?

Genk
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Transfered Papa from Fiorentina but where can i find jaidi?

Genk
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorted now. I like how you can change the stadium saints play at in the settings and even re-name it for Saints. Harding has grey hair, Perry is rated 64 & Trotman 60 which is a joke.

St Marco
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Great game, much better then last year.

They have fixed that sort of exploit were you do a nasty foul and you know it is a booking but they play on. If you could hold out to the end of the half without the ball going out of play you would escape punishment. I was doing that just passing it about waiting for the clock to run down and the whistle finally goes. With that i saw the ref running and i thought what the fook is he doing! He was running to catch up with the player who did the evil tackle and booked him as he was walking off......

Also another funning thing about the ref is if he get's hit by the ball the crowd do that ironic cheer thing they do in real life, thought was quite funny.

While The Sun is not the best newspaper in their review they said "It is as close as you and i will ever get to playing football and being on Sky Sports". Think really that is what it is, like watching football on Sky.

Also you can download stadiums from the EA store, i got Madrid's one from in there.

beavis17
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Sorted now. I like how you can change the stadium saints play at in the settings and even re-name it for Saints. Harding has grey hair, Perry is rated 64 & Trotman 60 which is a joke.

how did you find jaidi?

Genk
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
how did you find jaidi?

Download the latest squad file on the settings

Genk
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Anyone find that the players tire really quickly in Season Mode? I've had to play McLaggon & Gobern in order for Lambert & Hammond to recover!

The9
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
even though on the official forums 40% of people on their poll think it is?

horses for courses i guess but i'm in the same camp as most people seem to be in that it is ****.

As I said before, PES Forums are full of moaners (and some of them have a point).

I'd say both demos show the games are better than the 09 versions. I bought FIFA 10 this afternoon and will hopefully have a run out later.

If it has a decent edit mode I'm in footy heaven.

The9
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I have not played the WE version as don't have a Japanese PSN account. But i somehow doubt Konami would release a demo that was supposedly months old in europe/america and then all of a sudden have this great game with all these improvements etc only 2 weeks later. .

That's pretty much what has happened with the last couple of PES demos, the different builds overlap and some have been much worse because they're ringfenced for publication long before the parallel versions stop development (which admittedly makes me wonder how bad the 2008 demo must have been, cos that release is horrible - I suppose it's equally possible the dev tweaks can ruin a good game as well as improve a weaker one).

The9
02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
always one more thing.....

Was just browsing the fifa forum and noticed someone has set up a saints team on there. I notice a few names from this site.
So thought i would pass on the thread to those guys who like , a virtual saints club....
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-manager-mode/821599-southampton-f-c-ea-united.html

That's the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Especially the admin news and people saying how sad it is on threads dated Sep 30th 2009... :rolleyes:

St Marco
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah it is a tad confusing, but then again we are Saints, nothing is ever straight forward with us ;)

Totally agree with what your saying The9.

I have been playing fifa 10 for a bit now and really love it. But feck is it hard! After playing the demo a lot then dropping down to League One you notice the difference bigtime. The players are slower, they are not as skilled i.e you try and pass and sometimes it will go just a fraction away from where you wanted it to. The defences are hard as nails and trying to get a header in is very difficult!

Other things i notice are the graphics are much much better then they were on demo. The blur thing has gone and the presentation seems different, more crisp. The stadium shots look a lot clearer. I play in tele view and that looks a bit closer then the demo was i think. The lighting is better too. When your in the shaded parts it is not as dark which i think makes it better.

Lots and lots of nice touches but as i said jesus it is hard. My 1st goal was scored by Wotten....

sfcjmcsfc16
02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Anyone give me some info on the offside do they get a few wrong? would make it alot more real if so!, any handballs? etc, cheers guys!

Tac-tics
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Transfered Papa from Fiorentina but where can i find jaidi?

didnt need to do it, just download squad patch

St Marco
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone give me some info on the offside do they get a few wrong? would make it alot more real if so!, any handballs? etc, cheers guys!

I have seen offsides not given, Andy Gray will then say something negative. But in all honesty i have only seen this once so it might have been a audio glitch or something. As for handballs they have been in the previous editions but again happen very rarely. The only time i have seen them is normally in free kick situations, then Tyler will say "and that is hand ball". I am happy they are not very often because it is not something you can control so would be harsh to get done by it all the time.

RedAndWhite91
02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Will probably get it tomorrow after the Saints match - what time does Game close on a Saturday? And will they have it in stock?

Danny
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Will probably get it tomorrow after the Saints match - what time does Game close on a Saturday? And will they have it in stock?
By all accounts, get it from Asda or Tesco unless you don't need that extra 15.

RedAndWhite91
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
By all accounts, get it from Asda or Tesco unless you don't need that extra 15.

Great shout - plus I get 10% off at Tesco. Didn't think of that though. Nice one.

sfcjmcsfc16
02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
26.71 in asda just been down!

Bentley
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
It's really good. Passing is amazing, I like the slow build up play that is like football in real life. Are we all playing on World Class difficulty? I have no complaints apart from:

Everyone plays as Real Madrid online

Everyone quits when I start to lead online

Live Season isn't free again, bloody EA trying to squeeze every last penny

It may be a bit too hard to score. I chose Arsenal as my team for the free 'Your live season' thing (annoying as you can't choose Saints/any lower league teams, I have a slight soft spot for the Gunners anyway.), and remember the first two games they played? 6-1 and 2-1 if I recall correctly. Both been nil-nils for me. If I put the difficulty any lower, it becomes to easy to score and I just dominate the computer.

But otherwise, amazing game.

SuperMikey
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Got it this afternoon, it's quite good. I'm finding it a lot more challenging than FIFA09, they've certainly upped the AI a lot more because I used to be dominant on World Class mode, and now i'm struggling a little bit on Intermediate. Also, why are Saints 1.5 stars!?

With Saints I like to play a 4-3-3, lining up like:

-----------Davis---------------
Murty--Perry--Thomas--Harding
Hammond--Wotton--Schneiderlin
-Lallana--Lambert--Saga/Holmes

I'm going to download the latest squad patch in a minute though, desperately in need of a bit of pace, hopefully Papa should solve that! Perry and Thomas are soooooo slow at the back though. Going to give online a play later, anyone fancy a game? (PS3 that is)

bpsaint
02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Only a minor touch but the quick free kicks when he bends down and puts his hand on the ball really impressed me. Just one of those things I'd never really noticed not being in it before.

JonnyLove
02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Now I consider myself not a bad fifa player but boy they made it hard this year or were just crap. Playing against Bournemouth 7 times lost 6 scored 3 conceded 14 playing as professional skill. Might need to drop it down a skill for me but that would be like admitting defeat.

Saying that though i am enjoying it

Bentley
02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Anyone finding that the ref gets in the way of players/passes?

Happened to me in FIFA09, maybe once in all the time I played it. Now it seems to happen every other match! They even added commentary for it.

hypochondriac
02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Anyone finding that the ref gets in the way of players/passes?

Happened to me in FIFA09, maybe once in all the time I played it. Now it seems to happen every other match! They even added commentary for it.

I was just saying that! Is getting a little irritating.

Genk
02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Lambert is incredibly slow! Just like real life! Saga banging them in for me at the moment.

jawillwill
02-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Lambert is incredibly slow! Just like real life! Saga banging them in for me at the moment.

Same here. Saga is amazing. He even got a hat-trick for me against Swindon!

Ash
03-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I spent ages last night starting off my manager mode as Saints and this morning it won't load :( It crashes every time it gets to the load screen.
Is it likely to be my hard drive or the game?
Also, when I go online it asks me every time to update the squad file. Surely it should be saving it.
Even when I do get online, as soon as it looks like I may win a game the other player quits. Benders.

Thedelldays
03-10-2009, 09:07 AM
went to Asda just now to get it....sold out..ffs

jawillwill
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
went to Asda just now to get it....sold out..ffs

I'm not surprised at the price they were selling it at yesterday!

St Will
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Once I'm back from the States I'm ready for some online battles....you lot can have your week or two getting used to it, I'll beat you all from cold :-)

Nexstar
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I see the 24.97 in Tesco is just for this weekend, then it goes back to being 49.99!

Bentley
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Been playing Live Season alot, seemed to have rectified my goalscoring problem, but only against the big teams wierdly!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10112596 - First goalkeeping glitch I've seen, was clearly going wide but Foster palmed it in.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10124568 - An actual good goal!

Um Bongo
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Amazon are selling it for 24.97. Ordered mine for 37 but they have refunded the 10 difference :)

Block 5
03-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Played Saints V Gillingham last night.
I gave up at 3-0 down.
:(

Draino76
03-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmmmm. Last night when I was drunk I won every game I played on live season and online.
This morning I can't even score a fecking goal.

Northernsaint
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
32 + p & p. pm if interested.

Its a class game

GuttedAnt
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Played Saints V Gillingham last night.
I gave up at 3-0 down.
:(

Don't worry, I lost 4-2 to Bristol Rovers, the day after we lost for real. And on semi-pro!

I did beat Liverpool 3-0 in the Carling cup though. Lallana scored a beaut.

bpsaint
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Sent my girlfriend to pick it up for me yesterday morning as I was at work and she duly retuned with a copy for the Xbox 360.I have a PS3.....

Therefore I've got one an xbox copy for sale still shrinkwrapped for 30 if anyone wants to pick it up locally.

gaz
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002C1BCBG/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p63_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=04VZ6TZMYCP45AY6CQ79&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

24.97 with free post. Mine's on its way.

NY Saint
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Had a little play with the demo last night for 15 games or so, and agree with many of the posters on here. The fluidity of movement has improved over 09, quick free kicks are a nice touch, corners are better. Penalties are now a little harder to score against, the AI has improved in this area also. Tackling now has an element of skill attached to it, no longer can I merely time a sliding lunge and come out with the ball, you really do have to anticipate and read the play - the AI played around it a few times, not merely leaping over the lunge as in 09. Perhaps this relates to the birthday card haul of reds and yellows I received last night.

Free kicks are still a mystery, chatting to the Fifa product manager in the US he suggested that many of the engineers also failed to score free-kicks in 09... will probe for more info on 10.

Negatively I did notice several offsides that weren't called against the opposition and one for me. The defensive AI is relatively easily to glide past with some players. Messi is slow and gets knocked off the ball easily, but Henry is lightening fast? The substitution in-game video is bloody irritating and hope there's an option to turn that off, especially as the AI now introduces three subs in the final ten minutes regardless of the score. What happened to my ability to lob the ball... that's gone even in the arena... maybe i need to practice ;)

jawillwill
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Had a little play with the demo last night for 15 games or so, and agree with many of the posters on here. The fluidity of movement has improved over 09, quick free kicks are a nice touch, corners are better. Penalties are now a little harder to score against, the AI has improved in this area also. Tackling now has an element of skill attached to it, no longer can I merely time a sliding lunge and come out with the ball, you really do have to anticipate and read the play - the AI played around it a few times, not merely leaping over the lunge as in 09. Perhaps this relates to the birthday card haul of reds and yellows I received last night.

Free kicks are still a mystery, chatting to the Fifa product manager in the US he suggested that many of the engineers also failed to score free-kicks in 09... will probe for more info on 10.

Negatively I did notice several offsides that weren't called against the opposition and one for me. The defensive AI is relatively easily to glide past with some players. Messi is slow and gets knocked off the ball easily, but Henry is lightening fast? The substitution in-game video is bloody irritating and hope there's an option to turn that off, especially as the AI now introduces three subs in the final ten minutes regardless of the score. What happened to my ability to lob the ball... that's gone even in the arena... maybe i need to practice ;)

Lobbings easy. In fact most of the goals I've scored so far have been delicate little lobs over the keeper.

bpsaint
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Lobbings easy. In fact most of the goals I've scored so far have been delicate little lobs over the keeper.

Likewise.Annoyingly it seems so many of the keepers just run out to about 8-10 yards and stand there waiting for a shot when you go one on one,and its too easy to score.

Tac-tics
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
How do you delete your virtual pro?
also save my saints squad online?

deadpanmatt
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Download the latest squad file on the settings

How do you do this?

Saint_Jonny
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Picked it up for 24.50 in tesco on an intro offer, bargain.

scott_saints
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Is it in stock at Asda yet? Me wants it!

Bentley
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Just got 10 refund on my Amazon delivery! Got it for 28 quid altogether, not bad for a 8:30am delivery to my house on Friday.

Saint_Jonny
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Got the squad update for saints today, its got jaidi and waigo in it. Waigo has his own character model, the only one in the team it seems. Good to play as saints though having been pro-evo since...forever.

Baj
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm seriously struggling. I've barely ever played Fifa, I've been a PES fan since ISS days, and have never played it seriously, however finally giving Fifa a crack.

Well, I'm ****e, really bad. I did after a while realise I was on "world class" and thought that was a bit hard for someone who's never really played Fifa, so took it down one level and see to be doing a bit better, however my finishing is terrible. Im scoring a few goals ok, 2nd in the league playing as saints on the league one tournament, but I might get 5 or 6 one on ones in a game and be lucky to score even 1 of them.

help

Saint_Jonny
04-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Fancy a game baj ;)

Actually you cant be as bad as me so scrap that idea..

RedAndWhite91
04-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Well I got it for 22 from Tesco with my Privilege Card :D

Baj
04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Fancy a game baj ;)

Actually you cant be as bad as me so scrap that idea..

Happy to mate, are we already friends on xbl? Im Bajuk, or baj.uk or baj-uk or something, i forget.

Nexstar
04-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm seriously struggling. I've barely ever played Fifa, I've been a PES fan since ISS days, and have never played it seriously, however finally giving Fifa a crack.

Well, I'm ****e, really bad. I did after a while realise I was on "world class" and thought that was a bit hard for someone who's never really played Fifa, so took it down one level and see to be doing a bit better, however my finishing is terrible. Im scoring a few goals ok, 2nd in the league playing as saints on the league one tournament, but I might get 5 or 6 one on ones in a game and be lucky to score even 1 of them.

help

Admittedly I have it on world-class but FIFA 10 is noticeably harder than 09 to score on. Even with good teams (saints not included on that list...) it can be difficult. I find the best way is just to pass it down the wings and hit the crosses in, hoping to get a head in the way, or pass it through the middle, and do long through balls hoping to go 1-on-1. Short, quick passing is far easier than the odd long shot.

Baj
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Admittedly I have it on world-class but FIFA 10 is noticeably harder than 09 to score on. Even with good teams (saints not included on that list...) it can be difficult. I find the best way is just to pass it down the wings and hit the crosses in, hoping to get a head in the way, or pass it through the middle, and do long through balls hoping to go 1-on-1. Short, quick passing is far easier than the odd long shot.

Ah, you misunderstand. Creating chances is not a problem. I get stacks of chances per game but can never seem to put them in, either putting them wide or into the keeper.

Genk
04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
How do you do this?

Main Menu -> Edit Team -> Download Latest Squads

the scud
04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
anyone got it on wii if so thought imo on wii it has gonedown big time

Saint_Jonny
04-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Happy to mate, are we already friends on xbl? Im Bajuk, or baj.uk or baj-uk or something, i forget.

Yep already got you on there as a friend, ill send you an invite next time I see you on there

GuttedAnt
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10441677

First free kick I've scored. That'd never be given in real life!

Baj
04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Ah, thanks for the chip trick, banging (well chipping) loads in now

St David
05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Got the game yesterday and love it, never had a FIFA game before as always gone for PES but this is class!

My tag is Skate Killer

Should be online about 20:30 tonight if anyone wants to play

Cheers,
Dave

St Marco
05-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Early figures show fifa sold 1.3m copies in europe in just 3 days....800k of that coming from UK. Bet Tesco are loving it!

RedAndWhite91
05-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Got the game yesterday and love it, never had a FIFA game before as always gone for PES but this is class!

My tag is Skate Killer

Should be online about 20:30 tonight if anyone wants to play

Cheers,
Dave

PS3 or Xbox?

Draino76
05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Early figures show fifa sold 1.3m copies in europe in just 3 days....800k of that coming from UK. Bet Tesco are loving it!

LOL. 1.3% of people in the UK have bought FIFA 10.

Assuming a full stadium that is 400 Saints fans got it already.

St David
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Xbox

Sfc90
06-10-2009, 06:18 PM
So, Hows everyone getting on?

Started my season with saints on Professional won all my friendlies so decided to start the season on World Class and lost my first four games. Don't want to drop back to Professional at all as was quite easy.

Finding it really frustrating finding a formation to suit saints.

Also, Ho fecking quick do the players run out of steam??? first three games and they're all ****ed!

Carozzi
07-10-2009, 08:25 AM
is anyone playing a manager mode season with saints, if so what is your starting line up and which players have you managed to sign.

i ask as i have started a season and have tried to sign a number of league 1 and league 2 players and none of them have signed

Broke
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Took me a till January to sign anyone although I offered them lots of money. I managed to sign James Morrison from WBA and Billy Sharp from Donny.

Current team (4-1-2-1-2);

Davis
Murty Thomas Jaidi Harding
Hammond
Morrison Holmes
Lallana
Sharp Lambert

They are all knackered but winning games the only games I have lost have been when I played my second string.

Saint_Jonny
07-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Just beat a skate on xbox live, yea he was a loud mouthed kid but it was still good to win 3-0 with a waigo hatric :) I was suprised when he picked pompey and then started singing "one team in hampshire"

supersonic
07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
My game doesn't have jaidi :(

St Marco
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
My game doesn't have jaidi :(

You need to update the squads. There is a place in one of the menu's that say's "Download Latest Squads". Or something like that. That is the good thing about fifa, can update stuff very easy and for free.

Saint Charlie
08-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Anyone else found that if playing online and you filter the teams you want to play against ie 2-3 stars then it says Saints are not within the selected range, even though they are a 2 star team?

RedAndWhite91
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Time to put David Connolly in the Saints squad I think ;)

RedAndWhite91
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
...If I could find him...

Danny
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
My copy has FINALLY been posted by Tesco. I ordered it on Saturday. So by this time next week I should finally be playing.

Huzzah.

supersonic
11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Is it just my game or is Kelvin Davis utter sh1te??

the amount of times he's been beaten on cross-shots and he comes half way on corners and they just head it into an empty net...atm i have tommy forecast in goal, he seems a tad better

Andy_Porter
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
All the goalies are a bit ****, really need to be 85+ before they start looking competant.

Had a few crosses go straight in while i've been playing. Even had someone score direct from a cross against van Der Sar, pretty ridiculous.

RedAndWhite91
11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I am getting a bit bored of playing with Saints. They aren't Saints players, they have none of the characteristics of Saints players. They are just generic League One players in a red and white shirt and the only thing they have in common with the real players is the height and the colour of their skin... C'mon EA, next year I want all League One players (Or Championship if we are very lucky) to be exactly like what they are in real. It's not much to ask is it?!

sfcjmcsfc16
12-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Does anyone have the cod world at war map packs they would gameshare

Ash
13-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Anybody doing a manager mode as Saints struggling with contract renewals?
I have three months of the season left and nobody will sign up, I have about ten players going out of contract. I have tried massive wage increases, short deals, long deals, bonuses and it won't work.
Any ideas?

gaz
14-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Anybody doing a manager mode as Saints struggling with contract renewals?
I have three months of the season left and nobody will sign up, I have about ten players going out of contract. I have tried massive wage increases, short deals, long deals, bonuses and it won't work.
Any ideas?

I had that, let the contracts expire and they were offered new ones at the end of the season automatically.

The9
16-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I am getting a bit bored of playing with Saints. They aren't Saints players, they have none of the characteristics of Saints players. They are just generic League One players in a red and white shirt and the only thing they have in common with the real players is the height and the colour of their skin... C'mon EA, next year I want all League One players (Or Championship if we are very lucky) to be exactly like what they are in real. It's not much to ask is it?!

A decent edit mode for ALL players (and a better Gameface option, mine still sucks after hours of tweaking) would cover that and leave me in footy heaven.

I actually don't think I'll be bothering to buy PES this year, and I've got 6 or 7 Japanese imports of Winning Eleven...

The9
16-10-2009, 10:04 AM

the amount of times he's been beaten on cross-shots and he comes half way on corners and they just head it into an empty net...atm i have tommy forecast in goal, he seems a tad better

He doesn't do that for me...

Masive exploit on the clean through chip-tap, though isn't there ? Bit rubbish, though I keep forgetting to use it.

The9
16-10-2009, 10:09 AM
...If I could find him...

He's not there, he has been out of contract. you'll have to wait for the new squad update.

I'm not keen for more competition for my Be A Pro place anyway, LOL.

treggs23
16-10-2009, 10:29 AM

I had Forecast play upfront for me this morning, and he scored...won on penalties against Blackpool in the cup...result!

NN2 Saint
22-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Got promoted first season to the championship via the play offs after beating Leeds. Got Pompey at home first game and finding it hard to sign players. Just sticking with the 433 which seems to be doing ok at the mo

mikey_boosh
22-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Playing on World Class at the moment, finished 2nd in league 1 in the first season. Finished in the playoffs and won them to get promoted to the premiership in the 2nd season. Now playing well in the prem about 5th at the moment. Signed Ryan Taylor when in the championship. Loaned Gareth Bale in premiership, signed some eastern european sh*thouse in defense and a striker called Quintero.

Don't like the keeper AI in that they seem to come off their line too often in the wrong situations.

saints-cris
08-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Got it a couple of days ago on xbox.. love it. Used to be a pro evo man but made the jump and cant see myself looking back to be honest.

Started my season with Saints, only problem is the players get knackered so easily! Lambert is the best striker for me, dont think Saga has scored yet. Jake Thompson managed to score a header earlier..!

Buying players seemed hard, so gunna have to stick to what i have for now.. no one seems interested in signing. Love the game though.

John Smith
10-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Got it a couple of days ago on xbox.. love it. Used to be a pro evo man but made the jump and cant see myself looking back to be honest.

Started my season with Saints, only problem is the players get knackered so easily! Lambert is the best striker for me, dont think Saga has scored yet. Jake Thompson managed to score a header earlier..!

Buying players seemed hard, so gunna have to stick to what i have for now.. no one seems interested in signing. Love the game though.

Always the same with the fitness, little tip, goto club management and upgrade staff and then increase your trainer level. I think you'll find it's on level 2 out of 10. It'll cost you a few quid, but your teams recovery time will be better and you won;t have to keep chopping and changing so much. Mine is on level 5 or 6 and for one game a week, most players are fine, change the team for cup games.

Also, with signings, you can also improve the level of your negotiator, same place as fitness. This will make him more likely to sign players. Also, when negotiating with signing new players using transfers, bottom left, their is a percentage bar, 'likelihood of signing', and as you increase the salary per week, you should see the likelihood of signing percentage, rise. You may have to offer quite a bit more sometimes, but I am for 85% and then they generally sign.

Hope this helps!

mikey_boosh
10-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Has anyone else had the problem of players being sold without you knowing? It seems to always happen to me at the end of the transfer window.

John Smith
10-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Has anyone else had the problem of players being sold without you knowing? It seems to always happen to me at the end of the transfer window.

You need to keep an eye on contracts, also in club management. If their contracts expire, which can be January or May, the players are available to leave for free, they are free agents.

Still finding it difficult to negotiate 'new' contract terms, get rejected 100 times a season, bizarre, it's like they don't want to stay!

mikey_boosh
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
You need to keep an eye on contracts, also in club management. If their contracts expire, which can be January or May, the players are available to leave for free, they are free agents.

Still finding it difficult to negotiate 'new' contract terms, get rejected 100 times a season, bizarre, it's like they don't want to stay!

Ah, I didn't know they could expire in January as well, although I can see on the transfer page that they moved for a fee! Surely if their contract was up then they would leave on a free?

Draino76
22-11-2009, 10:10 AM
This guy plays good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5veKHq0YQS0

Draino76
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
From last Wednesday though to today I lost 15 ranked online games in a row. Can Anyone beat this? Today I lost the 1st but I'm down to level 6 and won the following 3 in a row.

Sfc90
07-12-2009, 10:45 AM
From last Wednesday though to today I lost 15 ranked online games in a row. Can Anyone beat this? Today I lost the 1st but I'm down to level 6 and won the following 3 in a row.

lol, quite impressive mate!

I won 16 in a row, played a guy, spanked him 5-1, gave him a rematch and lost 1-0.
Why the **** did i give him a re-match for?

Think im level 14 at the moment. Whats the highest level you can get too?

John Smith
07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
lol, quite impressive mate!

I won 16 in a row, played a guy, spanked him 5-1, gave him a rematch and lost 1-0.
Why the **** did i give him a re-match for?

Think im level 14 at the moment. Whats the highest level you can get too?

For the passed 10 or so games, win, lose or draw I still get the same. I am on 1209 and I receive 53 points and my opponent loses points, but it's always the same! Win - 1209 + 53, lose - 1209 + 53, but it never does go up, any ideas?

The9
09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I wish they'd get around to sticking Connolly in the bloody game, even though I pretty much only play Be A Pro using my Virtual Pro (who now actually looks like me) and the first squad update anyway.

In other stuff, how do you unlock your Gameface in the Virtual Pro display ? I'm still a black silhouette in Season mode (e.g. at the end of game appraisal screen) even though I've d/led my face and it uses it on my Pro in matches and on the Xbox Live username graphic ?

Draino76
09-12-2009, 10:59 AM
For the passed 10 or so games, win, lose or draw I still get the same. I am on 1209 and I receive 53 points and my opponent loses points, but it's always the same! Win - 1209 + 53, lose - 1209 + 53, but it never does go up, any ideas?

I think you've found your level.

Smirking_Saint
27-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Jesus, i am raping Fifa online at the moment, must be because i am playing retards.

Also, what is it with all the quitters ?? I have had at least 6 people quit on me and have only played about 15 -20 online games !!!!!!!

Is there a saints web league ??