Championship Manager - cheap as chips.

JonnyLove

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Only available for a limited time and then full price. Having said that, £2.51 is indeed a bargain.

Thank you Eidos, and Matt

I'd play the demo first for free and see if its worth the 1p (it actually will cost you £2.51 as you have to pay adim charge of £2.50)

http://cm10challenge.co.uk/

Shockingly bug riddled and the AI is fundamentally flawed as shown by this

The Southampton data is very poor :D

Nethertheless at £2.51 people will buy it. Oh and of course there has never been any bugs in any Football Manager demos you save them all for the final version!:rolleyes:

I remember CM4 was excelent but since then it's been FM all the way as CM does not support MAC's

That is because between 1992 to 2004 CM was made by SI

THEN

From 2004 onwards CM was made by BGS studios.

From 2004 onwards SI used the game code from previous CM games and all its previous experience to make Football Manager.

That is because between 1992 to 2004 CM was made by SI

THEN

From 2004 onwards CM was made by BGS studios.

From 2004 onwards SI used the game code from previous CM games and all its previous experience to make Football Manager.

Yes we all know the story. So the questions is mister FM is SI going to be doing the same or are they going to cause as many issues as last year. (plus I would like to play the game without a CD on my Mac and no internet connection if you can sort that for me I'll be happy)

Can i just say without trying to sound harsh it is slightly ironic that you say CM is bug ridden etc... FM09 is a complete bug fest and for about 80% of the people who bought it could not even get it to install right.....So think you should probably be quiet on that one mate :)

Yes we all know the story. Alot of people still don't tbh

So the questions is mister FM is SI going to be doing the same or are they going to cause as many issues as last year. No SI won't do the same and I can't see CM being around much longer after this as they are reducing income massively doing this

Hope that helps

Can i just say without trying to sound harsh it is slightly ironic that you say CM is bug ridden etc... FM09 is a complete bug fest and for about 80% of the people who bought it could not even get it to install right.....So think you should probably be quiet on that one mate :)

Play the CM demo I linked to and judge for yourself. These are fundamental flaws to the game in CM not just small easily fixable bugs.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Play the CM demo I linked to and judge for yourself. These are fundamental flaws to the game in CM not just small easily fixable bugs.

Again can i just say Football Manager 2009 was a complete a total bugfest. And in the games world/marketing world is now the blueprint of how not to release a game.

Championship manager 10 will have more bugs then the australian outback. But that does not make FM better or any less buggy as you try to imply.

I can see why they went down the steam route (which was a major problem with FM) as it would enable them to deliver patches and updates much more seamlessly.

Unfortunately it just caused confusion across the board.

I have purchased CM10 and will see what it is like, i will also do this before buying FM10, FM was getting a little stale for me, and this cheap purchase gives me a chance to see if the new CM is any good.

As much as the bugs, sorry MLG but as much as i am a massive FM fan it was super bug ridden and has never worked bug free first time, such as many games these days are.

I think it is a good strategy from CM, yeah it could explode in their faces however it could get the word around and could make it a resounding success, not to mention the money they will save on packaging, transport etc etc

Again can i just say Football Manager 2009 was a complete a total bugfest. And in the games world/marketing world is now the blueprint of how not to release a game.

Championship manager 10 will have more bugs then the australian outback. But that does not make FM better or any less buggy as you try to imply.

FM09 did have bugs I have never denied that at least they produce free patches. However Eidos/BGS have hinted they won't be producing patches.

As I have said before there should be alot fewer bugs in FM10 due to changes in the QA systems now in place. Looking at the CM demo there are game breaking bugs so even for £2.51 it is a poor buy.

is that the final release? thats shocking.

and a FM version did have something like that where you put all your players around the post apart from one on the edge, and near enough every time he would bang it in.

Even with FM09 there is the challenge keeper corner in where your CB gets 20+ goals a season.

Not sure what version to get this year...

FM09 did have bugs I have never denied that at least they produce free patches. However Eidos/BGS have hinted they won't be producing patches.

As I have said before there should be alot fewer bugs in FM10 due to changes in the QA systems now in place. Looking at the CM demo there are game breaking bugs so even for £2.51 it is a poor buy.

6 Patches will be released for CM10 if you read their page.....

On a side note let me say a huge reason why Eidos have done this is simply because they know Football Management games no longer sell like they used to. They also know that CM sells probably not even half of what FM sells.

They know that few people will spend £29.99 on buying Championship Manager 2010. So they will never gain ground on FM that way.

What they are doing with this is more of a marketing tactic then anything else. What they are doing is letting people play the full game for next to nothing. £2.50 is nothing. In contrast to £29.99 for FM that is an 83% difference in price.

A lot of people are unhappy with FM right now so will try anything else. This enables them to do so. A lot of people will play it and hate it. But a few people will play it and like it. Those people whould not have played it unless it was cheap.

CM10 will probably be crap and that is a main point of why it will be cheap. In terms of reviews were probably looking at 60% or so. BUT the FM series itself is in a deep slump. Only last year it just scrapped into the 80% score. This year from people i know at the various games sites have said that they are again not happy with the series so to expect probably lower scores. So i can imagine FM10 getting scores around 75%.

So for probably an additional 15% better score is it really woth paying an additonal 83% in price? As Matt said, is that value for money?

Obviously no

If you actually read it you will see these are 6 data updates NOT patches that fix bugs. Also you have to pay for these data updates.

Are data updates not patches then?

I'm pretty certain all games, especially PC games have patches that fix bugs. WHy would Eidos be any different? Have they all been fired or something?

I'm pretty certain all games, especially PC games have patches that fix bugs. WHy would Eidos be any different? Have they all been fired or something?

They do say data updates and it will be either £5 to £6 a time. (I think you can take it as read that these will also include patches)

now you to stop bickering

Data updates are not patches.

Data updates = Update the database player transfers etc and there will be 6 of these throughout the year

Patches = fix bugs

BGS/Eidos have said that after Sept 11th it is unlikely they will make any patches.

Edited by Matthew Le God

demo meaning beta version?

how much commision you on out of interest? ;)

It is a Beta version that is released 3 weeks before the game so pretty much exactly how it will be on the day of release. Development and QA in games development takes alot of time. As does manufacture and distribution of the game to the shops. So Eidos have little or no time to make changes before the release.

I'm not on any commission. If I thought CM was the best game I would be a researcher and tester for them. However I don't :D