Rupert and co saying the right things

Thedelldays

In the circumstances there is not much Rupert and co could have done except for selling their shares at a realistic price to an investor.

I do however feel more comfortable with him and co at the helm as opposed to the gamblers that have been in charge over the last few years.

You cannot question Lowe's committment to young players progressing. The depressing thing however is that the best ones will be sold just as they are getting really good. That is the sad fact without investment - investment that Lowe and co have effectively blocked. Yes, we will see some improvements off the field, especially financially, and yes we will see some good young uns progress but the enjoyment gained from that will only be short-term until Rupert and co sell their shares.

The main reason we are supporters is to watch our team. If Rupert Lowe presents us with a young team that plays the sort of football I saw last Friday, he can do whatever he likes as far as I am concerned. Win, lose or draw, I can accept mixed results if the football is good.

To put that in perspective, I was delighted when he was deposed, despondent when he returned, but have to say he hasn't put a foot wrong up to now.

I'm not really affected by the ground section closures. They obviously make sense financially, though I don't like the idea, I hope the young team playing exhilarating football will get them reopened.

and doing the right things so far....long may it continue..

long time so see to all

:smt039

also, I see my predictions about burley were too far off the mark last sept/oct when i said he was not interested and a busted flush.. ;-)

How have you managed to get back in under your old name ? This new server has decided my 6-month ban is now a permanent one, so I've re-registered under another name (alpine_saint - but I've e-mailled the Admin so they cannot claim I am not being up-front)

and doing the right things so far....long may it continue..

long time so see to all

:smt039

also, I see my predictions about burley were too far off the mark last sept/oct when i said he was not interested and a busted flush.. ;-)

How have you managed to get back in under your old name ? This new server has decided my 6-month ban is now a permanent one, so I've re-registered under another name (alpine_saint - but I've e-mailled the Admin so they cannot claim I am not being up-front)

Ye gods! Can this truly be delldays and alpine on the same thread? It's just like old times...

And yes, I do mean that in a nice way!

what the hell did you do to get a 6 month ban???

without taking this thread off topic too much all I will say is that I registered under a different name.."wonkey" and stated that I was thedelldays..I asked if I could come back (as my 6 month ban was up next week anyway)...to be fair, my banning last time was mostly totting up infraction points mainly due to my dislike of burley and stating that he was pap and many posters not liking that view and "baiting" me..in which I responded too..

cant be arsed with all that any more...especially not after the way I saw a bunch of teenagers play on friday night..

without taking this thread off topic too much all I will say is that I registered under a different name.."wonkey" and stated that I was thedelldays..I asked if I could come back (as my 6 month ban was up next week anyway)...to be fair, my banning last time was mostly totting up infraction points mainly due to my dislike of burley and stating that he was pap and many posters not liking that view and "baiting" me..in which I responded too..

cant be arsed with all that any more...especially not after the way I saw a bunch of teenagers play on friday night..

The amount of thread you two were starting between you it could have be appeared to the casual observer that baiting was coming from both sides...

Anyway it's always good to have a few differing views so welcome back both of you...

As it goes i agree about Lowe saying the right things at the moment...the freshness of a new regime eh?

The amount of thread you two were starting between you it could have be appeared to the casual observer that baiting was coming from both sides...

Anyway it's always good to have a few differing views so welcome back both of you...

As it goes i agree about Lowe saying the right things at the moment...the freshness of a new regime eh?

indeed..what I do find (strangely) refreshing is the NON talk about takeovers just being round the corner, instigated by Crouch...before I was banned, Saint david and Lifelong were the worst culprits on here for churning over takeover if's and but's...

NOW, we are told what we all knew and can see visible reactions from the club in order to try and get things better......and I was scared stiff at the thought of james, gillet, holmes, schneiderlin and co being the core of the team..after friday night, I left the ground utterly gob smacked..

NOW, i know it wont be like that every week and im sure these kids will have stinkers on some days and will get the odd heavy defeat away from home, but I very much doubt we will finish 23rd like the NOTW say...

I am hoping for a top 10 finish and would see that as a good season...if by chance we mount a play off challenge at the end, even if we miss out, I will be dead proud of those lads playing...

my ONLY two fears are...we might struggle away against steams with crap pitches and that Schneiderlin will become too good for us too quickly...

if this is the brand of football Rupes wanted instead of Burley then we have wasted 2 and a bit years really...

indeed..what I do find (strangely) refreshing is the NON talk about takeovers just being round the corner, instigated by Crouch...before I was banned, Saint david and Lifelong were the worst culprits on here for churning over takeover if's and but's...

NOW, we are told what we all knew and can see visible reactions from the club in order to try and get things better......and I was scared stiff at the thought of james, gillet, holmes, schneiderlin and co being the core of the team..after friday night, I left the ground utterly gob smacked..

NOW, i know it wont be like that every week and im sure these kids will have stinkers on some days and will get the odd heavy defeat away from home, but I very much doubt we will finish 23rd like the NOTW say...

I am hoping for a top 10 finish and would see that as a good season...if by chance we mount a play off challenge at the end, even if we miss out, I will be dead proud of those lads playing...

my ONLY two fears are...we might struggle away against steams with crap pitches and that Schneiderlin will become too good for us too quickly...

if this is the brand of football Rupes wanted instead of Burley then we have wasted 2 and a bit years really...

Agree on all counts...

I thnk Saints are playing like a team this year and I quite like I hear from Jan P although I have yet to master the spelling of his name

Apologoies for butting in on the Lowe Lovefest but i thought i'd just point that the season hasn't actually started yet.

OK, so...

(Hello ? Can a friendly mod please let met have alpine_saint back, please? Someone replied to my e-mail from the admin address and promised to have it sorted out, but my account is still locked on banned. Soon as that is done and dusted, I'll pay up...)

I am still uncertain over the return of Lowe. The circus act at SMS appears to have stopped, I completely agree. The management of Hone, Hoos, Crouch and co. after Xmas was a bloody farce. But how do we all know that this is not just the opening act ? At the moment, I consider it just as likely that we will wake up next week to find all our decent players sold, and I am not certain as to how much interference is going on with team selection.

I still feel a colossal injustice was done to Nigel Pearson too.

The jury is out, in my opinion. But then, sadly, I no longer get to see the team.:( Another reason I am glad to be back on here - I have no real alternative for following the team's fortunes.

Welcome back Alpine and DD. Hope you're enjoying life in Austria.

I think most of us were sceptical about how well the youth plan would work out - even if some accepted it was a necessary evil. The idea of actually enjoying the season and watching some great play has come as a real bonus!

Welcome back Alpine and DD. Hope you're enjoying life in Austria.

I think most of us were sceptical about how well the youth plan would work out - even if some accepted it was a necessary evil. The idea of actually enjoying the season and watching some great play has come as a real bonus!

Didn't realise DD moved to Austria with Alps :D

Rupert & Co saying the right things.

Have I missed something?

When did he say "I'm selling my shares and disappearing back to Gloucestershire to murder ducks and will never set foot in Southampton again."

More seriously, he appears to have sold a partially proven and respected manager, got rid of a few poorly paid underlings, brought in a totally untried Dutch manager-a huge gamble-which may come off; and so far been totally unsuccessful in persuading much of the dead wood which the manager he appointed brought in, to forsake their grossly inflated salaries.

We are still just as deep in the financial merde as we were when his henchman and turncoat partner bet the silver on a return to the Prem.

Cambsaint

But how will we all get by on a mere three posts a day from the master? Bitter tears will be shed by many, I fear.

Well, with Scooby hobbled and Sundance taken out by one of my capos, I think Rupie's Groupies are going to struggle this season.

Rupert & Co saying the right things.

Have I missed something?

When did he say "I'm selling my shares and disappearing back to Gloucestershire to murder ducks and will never set foot in Southampton again."

More seriously, he appears to have sold a partially proven and respected manager, got rid of a few poorly paid underlings, brought in a totally untried Dutch manager-a huge gamble-which may come off; and so far been totally unsuccessful in persuading much of the dead wood which the manager he appointed brought in, to forsake their grossly inflated salaries.

We are still just as deep in the financial merde as we were when his henchman and turncoat partner bet the silver on a return to the Prem.

Cambsaint

I think keeping pearson would have been a gamble..he left us alot closer to relegation than when he took over from a god awful burley team

3 wins in 17 and some very poor displays suggests he was not all that good (imo of course)

I think keeping pearson would have been a gamble..he left us alot closer to relegation than when he took over from a god awful burley team

3 wins in 17 and some very poor displays suggests he was not all that good (imo of course)

I agree with that (although it was 3 wins in 14 games, not 17 :)).

While Pearson's demeanour was what we were all looking for after the worryingly lax attitude of the tail-end of the Burley era, and he certainly said the right things, it's another thing putting it into practice (which I guess makes it fit quite nicely into this thread!). While he made us harder to beat in his brief spell here, of that there's no doubt, that was at the expense of being able to score goals. One goal per game isn't enough in this division, particularly when the defence was (by force, not by design) being changed all over the place every week. That said, in the interests of a bit of stability, I wouldn't have been against him being offered a contract extension.

Lowe and Wilde have said they're going to be cutting costs and making unpopular decisions. The fruits of those pledges have already started to bear, whether you or I like it or not, and while we're in the situation of basically being run by Barclays and Norwich Union, there will be more around the corner, I'm sure, including player sales. That said, judging by the reports of the contrasts in first half and second half from last night, if some of the more experienced players did leave, it wouldn't be that much of a loss.

indeed mr grant.

on the pearson front...well we shall see how good he is..will have the biggest transfer budget by a country mile in the league he is in and easily the best squad...

BUT, he has no alternative but to deliver as mad milan wont settle for a non promotion season....

indeed mr grant.

on the pearson front...well we shall see how good he is..will have the biggest transfer budget by a country mile in the league he is in and easily the best squad...

BUT, he has no alternative but to deliver as mad milan wont settle for a non promotion season....

I would liken Pearson's management style to that of Martin Allen, and we all know how long his relationship with Mad Mandaric lasted. Given that they are overwhelming favourites to absolutely **** that league next season, he's probably under even more pressure than Allen was.

Ditto that comment.

I'm going to Cardiff on Saturday and plan to do quite a few away games, but i won't be spending a penny at home games on principle.

Well thats 2 of you the club wont miss.When your family is ill you rally around and try and help them recover.To ignore them but spend your money to pay for medicine for others is a nonsense.

As fpr principle I dont suppose you went to Cardiff to watch us in the cup final.Real principles that.

Guest Hacienda
Well thats 2 of you the club wont miss.When your family is ill you rally around and try and help them recover.To ignore them but spend your money to pay for medicine for others is a nonsense.

So the club will miss them, but only for their money?

That's nice.

Guest Hacienda

I detest Lowe and Wilde being involved in SFC and that won't change as they are both culpable for the state of the club IMHO.

However, that said, I won't blame Lowe if the current experiment goes pear shaped as long as he doesn't panic and get rid of the Dutch pair. I'm well aware that the needs of the situation have been trust upon us but we need stability.

Compared to last seasons pre-season I feel an awful lot more confident about on the pitch activities and I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

So the club will miss them, but only for their money?

That's nice.

Hac we have already had reasons for and against the stay away fans.

IMO it is a nonsense, and the club will not miss fans who think they are making a stand. The club dont know they are staying away they would only assume it was for 1 of many reasons.1 thing is fairly certain IMO that if we got back up with RL in charge their principles might well change and go again.

To go only to away games and feed our rivals is a nonsense, they may as well buy in their club shops as well as an act of principle.

When the Wilde bunch took over it was against my wishes, but I got on with it as I want to support our club,RL has come back for selfish reasons no doubt, but he at present is our the only person who the club can afford to try and get us out of this financial mess.

If the new lot do turn up then great but in the meantime if you and others starve the club of income you will be able to support us at all the L1 and L2 clubs in the very near future.

Guest Hacienda
Where did he say it was only about money? Stop inventing things to be indignant about.

As fpr principle I dont suppose you went to Cardiff to watch us in the cup final.Real principles that.

There, I've highlighted it for you.

People should just respect others right to voice their opinions about going/not going without all the melodramatic bull.

Guest Hacienda
Hac we have already had reasons for and against the stay away fans.

IMO it is a nonsense, and the club will not miss fans who think they are making a stand. The club dont know they are staying away they would only assume it was for 1 of many reasons.1 thing is fairly certain IMO that if we got back up with RL in charge their principles might well change and go again.

To go only to away games and feed our rivals is a nonsense, they may as well buy in their club shops as well as an act of principle.

When the Wilde bunch took over it was against my wishes, but I got on with it as I want to support our club,RL has come back for selfish reasons no doubt, but he at present is our the only person who the club can afford to try and get us out of this financial mess.

If the new lot do turn up then great but in the meantime if you and others starve the club of income you will be able to support us at all the L1 and L2 clubs in the very near future.

I'd support them in the Blue Square if need be. League position doesn't alter my love for SFC.

Now make your mind up. The club either needs us or it doesn't?

While I disagree with their stance, I respect their decision. Lets be honest we all knew this would happen if Lowe returned. And maybe even if Crouch stayed.

They have said they will be attending many more away matches this season. And nodoubt that will still be more games then some of the posters who whinged for England last season and may do the same again if things go tits up again.

Guest Hacienda
other clubs must laugh when they see our fans staying away for such reasons considering the state of things financially

Don't be daft, other fans couldn't give a fat rat's arse about SFC Jamie.

Frankly i couldn't care tuppence what a Lowe Luvvie thinks of my stance.

There, I've highlighted it for you.

People should just respect others right to voice their opinions about going/not going without all the melodramatic bull.

I am still missing the use of the word only. If I say someone likes a drink it does not mean they spend all day drinking because that is the only thing they do. I am sure those that have stayed away provided valuable support to the team when they did attend but if it does not mean you have to mention that every time you discuss the situation. Your extrapolation of what was written to 'All the club wants is you money' is just that, baseless extrapolation so you could have something to be indignant about.

FWIW for every Hacienda (who is entitled to do what he wants) there are others like my son. He's not been to SMS for about 3 years, he went to the Rovers cup game and said never again.

He hasn't been to any pre-season games, but he's been watching and reading and has been chasing me almost daily to get him a ticket for the Brum game along with two of his mates who he's dragging along.

His motivation - it sounds like they are going to have players out there on the pitch who may actually be trying to play footbal and win a game, I don't care if they're rubbish, only that they make me want to watch them.

So the corners won't fill up until everyone comes back but for every one who is negative for politics there is one who may actually be ready to go for the fact they may be entertained or see some passion that they can actually get behind.

Who knows who's right?

Guest Hacienda
i know..but IF i heard about other fans doing what some of ours out doing i would find it funny as fook

Plenty did it at Wolves when Moxey took over as Chief Exec and they haven't returned.

Plenty did it at Leeds as a protest at ticket prices and their away support is 'kin awesome compared to their home.

We all have our opinions about the rights and wrongs of it but people do have a choice and we should just accept it.

What makes we smile is when those who start spitting their dummies out don't actually go themselves.