Valencia GP Thread

Arizona

Hamilton leads all Macca front row (Has any team ever turned their form around so drastically so quickly). Brawns back en song with Rubinho 3rd and Jenson 5th. Jenson will be even happier to see Webber 9th.

Uber lol at Luca Badoer. Kimi 6th, Luca... 20th. :lol:

McLaren are light on fuel, but their pace still looks good. It's going to be a fascinating scrap between the Red Bulls and Brawns behind them, given the fact that some drivers where complaining about tyre degradation in qualifying I feel this race could still play into the Brawn's (and particularly Button's) hands.

Yeah, us last year. From nobodies for the first half of the season to top scoring driver and team for the second half and before that Ferrari in 2006 who won all but one of their races in the second half of the season and nearly pipped us to the WDC and WCC.

Yeah, us last year. From nobodies for the first half of the season to top scoring driver and team for the second half and before that Ferrari in 2006 who won all but one of their races in the second half of the season and nearly pipped us to the WDC and WCC.

True, but those teams didn't go from failing to make Q2 to comfortably winning and front row lock-outs in just 2 races.

Felt a bit sorry for Hammy after that but it's hard not to be happy for Rubens. He's such an emotional guy. Personally speaking, we have to be happy with 6th after qualifying down in eighth. Not good enough though.

Romain did well to finish ahead of the two other rookies, despite his 1st lap antics, though Badoer should be nowhere near an F1 car, IMO.

Yeah, I'd rather not see Badoer when I go to Spa next weekend if I'm honnest. He was nothing to write home about when he last drove (for Minardi) 10 years ago.

It's such a shame to see. I hope he is at least given time to get used to the car. Badoer has never been a mug but he is old and out of practice, the current testing regs certainly don't help. He may not have set the world on fire at Minardi, Forti and Lola Scuderia Italia. But come on, think about those teams he drove for. The guy is a former F3000 champ. Mugs do not win that title.

Comparisons with Algersuari will be made but it doesn't count because Jaime is at least immediately used to competitive racing, the same applies to Grosjean.

His race pace was not too bad considering his qualifying performance. He must be given that leeway. If he is disposed of though, they could do worse then draft in Nelson Piquet Jnr.

Could do, but if I don't think I've ever seen anything genuinely impressive from Nelsinho at Renault, even taking the politics into account.

In his last race, Badoer qualified 14 places behind Kimi. Nelson qualified the same distance behind Nando in Hungary.

In terms of actual racing, there wasn't any after about 1 1/2 laps. Reubens beat Lewis entirely due to the second pit stops. Why do they use such unsuitable circuits ? I understand there is the argument about the corporate shmoozing at Monaco, and it gives the glitterati their chance to pose for the cameras, but what does Valencia add ? Next year, without compulsory re-fuelling, these processions will tend towards farce as the only true chance for a team to get their driver ahead of a competitor will be removed.

What a phenomenally dull race - AGAIN. Last year was a procession and it was the same this year. It's great to get new circuits on the calendar when they add something new like a different country, or an innovative aspect like the Singapore night race but Valencia is little more than a weaker version of Monaco and has now delivered the most boring race of the season for two years in a row. Was there more than 5 genuine competitive overtaking moves in the entire race (outside of the first lap rush for the first few corners)?