Schumacher to return to F1 again....?

Iowsaintsfan

Hmmm. Can't see it happening TBH.

Interesting article this though...

"It is true we are pushing (for three cars instead of two). We feel it is for the benefit of Formula One and it is better to make sure the biggest teams have three cars because that's what people want.

"With all respect to the smaller teams, the value of Formula One is to have good drivers, great personalities, in good cars and with a great brand," added Domenicali ahead of Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

The arrogance of the Ferrari team really does know no bounds. What he should have said was "because that's what Ferrari fans want". Persoanlly I have always found that people love supporting the little guy/underdog. If F1 was just about branding then it wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting. In fact I would prefer to see a grid full of independent teams who go racing for the love of it, rather than a grid full of manufacturers who see it purely as good PR.

The fact is, is that F1 is all about branding, and as such has completely lost the plot. Take away the big names and it has very little appeal indeed. It is processional in the extreme, and if there wasn't any British interest. personally I'd stop even keeping tabs on it. For example, I went to the Beeb motorsport website and found that JB and LH had crashed out.

End of interest. Not a jot left..! Half my family hails from Italy - so you could say I have mediterranean DNA running through me - I don't give a toss about Ferrari. Interesting, competitive racing is all I want in a motorsport. Not a procession of the same branded vehicles going round, lap after boring lap, at high speed with, an average of 25 yards between each car.

I think the people who are involved with F1 and some devoted fans have forgotten what exciting racing really requires, or are too close to the sport to be objective. Don't get me wrong, upto around 15 years ago I used to be an avid viewer myself until I came to my senses.