Random Golf Equipment

St Will

I've got all manner of golf stuff that I need to sell, as I'll never use any of it now. Various tour van made clubs as well as some normal retail equipment too. If anybody needs anything in particular, shout out and I'll see if I have anything that might be some use for you.

Will

Have you given up trying to make it as a professional? Drop me a PM and I will give you some free advice if you want? You might be surprised, but I think I have what it takes to get you to the next level.

Tool.

I have loads of stuff that is cluttering the house that I want to get rid of. You're the last person I would ask for advice!

i am in the market for a new big dog, cant lay for a bit but gonna have to part company with my beloved 983k at some point.

What drivers you got? 9* ish and Stiff shaft? Got any 19* rescues about the joint?

I have both!! Some things that may interest you too.

I have a Callaway Diablo which is the tour authentic one, with the hosel. Cuz it has a hosel it sits very square, in fact, 1.5 degrees open. 9.5 loft. And it has a very good shaft - a stiff Voodoo. The shaft is a bit soft for me, that's why I'm not using it. It is an incredibly powerful club though, unbelievable. Alvaro Quiros was using it for a while, and Rocco Mediate was using it too. It's still current, part of their latest range, and like I said, it's from the tour authentic range, which is special order only. Oh and I only played around 10 rounds of golf with it - it's nearly perfect.

19 degree rescues....I have an Adams Idea tour prototype with a tour only YS-Q hybrid shaft, which is 105 grams and extra stiff. It plays like a steel iron shaft almost. I don't really want to sell it because it's one of my favourites, and it goes ridiculously straight, but I need to raise some cash. It's a joke, you can hit it all over the face and it just goes straight. It's 20 degrees, but bent down to 19, which makes it sit a little open too.

the driver sits open?

Well i am interested, but not just yet, just had a tigeresque acl op on my knee so not able to play/practise for a while, but if the price was right could be persuaded to buy blind.........

Well the driver retails at £250 - £299, it's in near perfect nick.....£175?

Yep but I think that's the normal retail head (cuz it has a 8 degree loft - the tour range is 8.5 and 9.5) - the tour one is a slightly smaller head, it's more pleasing to the eye, and like I said, it has a proper hosel (which is new for Callaway) which means the can position the shaft further forward towards the face, so it sits more open.

Older ping was ok, newer stuff is nasty

Think im gonna wait till im playing again before purchasing that driver mate, then maybe i could arrange a swish at hedge end range pre purchase?

Will probably be gone by then - I'm going to sell it all on ebay I think. I've always got things coming and going though - no doubt I'll have something knocking around by the time you're playing again.

Have you given up trying to make it as a professional? Drop me a PM and I will give you some free advice if you want? You might be surprised, but I think I have what it takes to get you to the next level.

Hey mate, I've just forked out £450 for a years membership at my local golf club. Before last week I'd never played properly before except for "crazy golf-y" (it was a seriously wacky course!!!) up in Blackpool in the summer of 2007.

Anyway I thought I'd be pretty good at it though because I've hit a few hole in one's in Tiger Woods '08 on the Wii and generally average under par on the 18 hole courses but it turns out I'm actually pretty rubbish lol! I've asked around a few places for some pointers but haven't really had much success. I did speak to a mate of mine at the Colchester game though who posts on here. He told me that you're his dad (I think yours is the username he said anyway!) and that you're one of the best golfers in the country. I would really appreciate any help you could give me. I was going to ask you in person at the game but you seemed pretty angry about something happening on the field at the time and were giving some pretty sound advice to Adam Lallana so I though I best leave it until I was online. Thanks in advance.

What putters do you have? After 3 years loyal service from my Rossa Monza it seems to be letting me down a bit at the moment. Like any good golfer I'm positive it's down to the putter and not my technique...

Not sure what I have to be honest. I know I have a couple of yes putters, although they're cut to 31", so they're quite short. They're properly weighted though.

I had a couple of nice scotty camerons but sold them on eBay. I might have some others....I'm away at a tournament at the mo but I can check when I get back on Friday night

MLT, yep, I got your PM, I've been waiting til I've had time at home to sit down and have a good look at what I've got. I'm all over the place playing tournaments right now. Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. Is there anything specifically you're after?

Not sure what I have to be honest. I know I have a couple of yes putters, although they're cut to 31", so they're quite short. They're properly weighted though.

I had a couple of nice scotty camerons but sold them on eBay. I might have some others....I'm away at a tournament at the mo but I can check when I get back on Friday night

OK cheers.

What drivers have you got? I need something forgiving as I have a bit of a slice! I play off around 16/17 so it can't be anything too difficult to use but I am a big hitter (300 yds+)

OK cheers.

What drivers have you got? I need something forgiving as I have a bit of a slice! I play off around 16/17 so it can't be anything too difficult to use but I am a big hitter (300 yds+)

I don't have anything that will stop you slicing it - in fact, you'd slice it more!

Saint_stevo is right though - put your money towards lessons, and you'll find you don't need a new driver.

Nice one mate! Bit of pocket money eh

Yeah, £2300 - not too bad for a couple of days golf I suppose! Got my ugly mug on the website too! I'm tied 2nd, 1 shot behind this week in Reading too (one round to go tomorrow), although it's only a small field so first prize is only £1500. Could do with winning this one and maybe one more, so I can get out to the States this winter.

I'll save that driver for a while if you think you might be interested when you start playing again.

I might have known you're a midget...explains the temparament.

I don't have anything that will stop you slicing it - in fact, you'd slice it more!

Saint_stevo is right though - put your money towards lessons, and you'll find you don't need a new driver.

No point in lessons. Been playing for over 20 years and at one point I became obsessed with lowering my handicap and did the lesson thing and played 3 times a week.

Touched single figures but let old habits return and after a few years I'm now at the stage where I only play about once a month and just enjoy the game within my limitations.

I know what I'm doing wrong and I know how to correct it but I feel uncomfortable and inconsistent when I make the changes. I prefer to be 'pretty good' and just enjoy my game for what it is!

• 3 weeks later...

s.o.b- fair enough then. Try the new square headed drivers for forgiveness, some manufactureres do draw enhancing drivers, maybe worth a go? Not a fan myself, but then you could hang your coat on my 'draw' at times.....titleist d2 looks to be a tasty big bat to me......get dow american golf, get em taped up and give em a swish! Then buy your fave online, ebay, golfbidder etc. Simples!

s.o.b- fair enough then. Try the new square headed drivers for forgiveness, some manufactureres do draw enhancing drivers, maybe worth a go? Not a fan myself, but then you could hang your coat on my 'draw' at times.....titleist d2 looks to be a tasty big bat to me......get dow american golf, get em taped up and give em a swish! Then buy your fave online, ebay, golfbidder etc. Simples!

Yeah, got some pretty good contacts for clubs as I used to buy and sell them on eBay as a sideline to my business. Been meaning to get myself a MacGregor NVG MacTec (Draw Bias) as I've heard good things about them. Good VFM as well.

Yeah, got some pretty good contacts for clubs as I used to buy and sell them on eBay as a sideline to my business. Been meaning to get myself a MacGregor NVG MacTec (Draw Bias) as I've heard good things about them. Good VFM as well.

I've got an Integra 450CC Sooo Long at the moment which is an absolute beast when it works. I've hit it around 350 yards on occasions but it's just not consistent enough. Most of the time it goes over 300 yrds but the slice is so bad it only actually ends up 200 yards away and on the next fairway!

Rather be hitting it 300 yards and straight! To be honest I hit my 3 wood pretty straight and generally get 270 yards out of it so maybe I sould stick with that!

I've got an Integra 450CC Sooo Long at the moment which is an absolute beast when it works. I've hit it around 350 yards on occasions but it's just not consistent enough. Most of the time it goes over 300 yrds but the slice is so bad it only actually ends up 200 yards away and on the next fairway!

Rather be hitting it 300 yards and straight! To be honest I hit my 3 wood pretty straight and generally get 270 yards out of it so maybe I sould stick with that!

Lol I find it amusing when amateur golfers say they hit it 350 when they hit it good and mostly over 300 yards. Tiger Woods averaged 298.4 yards this season. The stats are a bit inaccurate because he'll hit 3 wood or an iron sometimes, but still.

I'm not the longest hitter on the tours I play on, but one of the longest, and if I'm swinging the club well, I'll hit a good, solid drive on the flat, with no wind, about 305. Because of conditions, I've hit one 450 this season, but I've also hit one 235.

No offence, I'm not having a dig - I just find it funny! I worked in a golf shop with a launch monitor when I was a kid - guys would come in saying they hit it 300, then I'd put them on the launch monitor and their swing speed would be about 90 and they'd hit it 230.

I'd be up for helping arrange something - in fact a friend of mine runs a company that does golf days. Would be a good laugh. I'll come down as someone else's username and play off 8 if that's cool ;-)

+8 i hope?

Having not played for the best part of a year, and with a gammy f'ing knee i would need to play off 21. Injury triples your handicap right?