Jake Thomson

Saint Charlie

It would seem Jake Thomson is only on a one year contract, ie it expires next summer. Seeing as he is going to be at worst a very decent player, I certainly hope Saints are trying to extend it, as before we know it he could be linked with bigger and better teams....and tribunals arent kind to smaller clubs!

Totally agree! Jake is likely to be an important player due to his versatility and Woopert must sign him on a longer contract before other clubs start sniffing! Given a proper chance, Jake could become the new Walcott as he has pace to burn!

Stop finding things to worry about.

As you will see from my other posts this is wide of the amrk, I am very optimistic about the season and in full support of JP and the board, just think these are the kind of things to get sorted out, especially as have no money, it would be a shame to lose a good prospect for next to nothing next summer!

As you will see from my other posts this is wide of the amrk, I am very optimistic about the season and in full support of JP and the board, just think these are the kind of things to get sorted out, especially as have no money, it would be a shame to lose a good prospect for next to nothing next summer!
Don't you think our frugal chairman has these things covered??

Been very impressed by Thomson in the games i've watched, he more then anyone in my opinion deserves to start the game on saturday. Hope he signs a new deal and has a really good season for us!

In the game against Hereford he was played out wide on the right. He let the left back go charging past him which resulted in Wayne Thomas telling him that it was his job to track back with the left back. To me that seemed rather basics so maybe the lad needs more time in the reserves? To counter that though the lads pace is scary and he has a venomous shot on him and might be a useful addition to the bench as he looks like he could play anywhere along the front.

Maybe the club need to be sure that the clear out is going OK before they commit more money to next year's wages budget. Expect the longer deals for any players on one-year contracts who hold their places in the first team after a few weeks but it is important that two or three out of Rudi / Safri / Rasiak / Stern / Saga / Euell, do find a home soon. I don't mean I wan't them all to go, but who goes also depends on who is wanted. Last season's outcome hasn't made any of them look like better players.