It never was paul allen(Takeover thread 1866)

AwaySaint1

Was chatting with a friend who works in London this afternoon and he informed me that it never was paul allen who was interested in us but the guy who purchased a major amount of his Dreamworks stock,hence the confusion.

The guy who was not named is looking at a ccc club and a first division club.

I pushed a bit more to get him to name the 2 clubs concerned,"us plus Leeds united"(so he says).

So who is it? are we being taken over by Spielberg?

Come on "ITKers" I thought we could rely on you.

Thought the rules were you can't own 2 clubs.if so, does this mean its all a load of ******?

I would imagine the OP meant that whoever this mystery person(s) is, is looking at two clubs and may or may not make a move to buy one or the other.

Personally, I think it's all a load of rubbish.

Was chatting with a friend who works in London this afternoon and he informed me that it never was paul allen who was interested in us but the guy who purchased a major amount of his Dreamworks stock,hence the confusion.

I pushed a bit more to get him to name the 2 clubs concerned,"us plus Leeds united"(so he says).

I would say no.

Is there really any need for threads like this. I know that I could just not reply but was hoping that with the new forum we wouldn't have to go through this again.

If we get taken over and given loads of cash, great. Until then, lets all ry and concentrate on whats important, the new season that is only a few days away.

Under the alias of SaintMarc a certain person posted this:

FWIW I heard that Wilde resigned because there was too much media and fan pressure focusing on the investment issue and that this was putting the whole Board under pressure. He resigned to take the heat off the club and its executives and allow them to get on with the job while he carried on working on the investment issue in the background and out of the spotlight. The statement that he resigned because of a failure to raise finance was only issued to try and reduce fans unrealistic expectations. IMO, it was through Wilde's efforts, that PA was clearly aware that his approach would be welcomed rather than shunned and this is a big factor when looking at a potential acquisition. We now know that PA had contact with the club several months ago, before MW's resignation. IMO it is down to Wilde that we now have this opportunity to stabilise and secure the long term future of the club. If this takeover goes through I think we all owe him bigtime.

Many of you know who Saintmarc is and therefore what i've highlighted in bold contradicts the original poster.

We now know that PA had contact with the club several months ago, before MW's resignation.

Many of you know who Saintmarc is and therefore what i've highlighted in bold contradicts the original poster.

I think that needs to read We now know that someone claiming to represent PA had contact with the club several months ago. I am sure at the time there were those, prime example being crouch, who were convinced this was a legitimate approach by PA and I think it took a long while for some to be convinced it was not.

I'm afraid this, in turn, is contradicted by an explicit statement by Jim Hone that 'intermediaries' purporting to represent PA had contacted the club, but that when the board investigated these people's actual links with PA, there was no evidence whatsoever that they existed.

tommac bigged himself up on here by claiming he was one of those intermediaries, and claimed to have PA's personal phone number. Make of that what you will.

Of all the teams in England not yet in private hands, why should any passing billionaire pick Southampton?

True. Philanthropists are very rare and usually have tie to the team they invest in. Jack Walker and John Haywood spring to mind.

On the other hand a millionnaire or a consortium buying us is realistic.

The big problem is the amount the likes of Lowe and Wilde want for their shares. What's good for SFC comes second to whats good for Lowe.

Oh you tease..

Well fingers crossed.

Rumours and counter rumours, only the people buying / selling or lending really know whats happening.

We have been here before and as you say fingers crossed things will turn out right.in a funny way I'll be disappointed as the kids are inspiring the fanbase and IF something does transpire the new people may want to do it differently.

Am I about to be vindicated NickH - you seem to know something?
The rumour may of come from your initial rumour Tiger, you know how these chinese whispers start.

Lets just think about the exciting football the kids are going to bring to us.

Rumours and counter rumours, only the people buying / selling or lending really know whats happening.

We have been here before and as you say fingers crossed things will turn out right.in a funny way I'll be disappointed as the kids are inspiring the fanbase and IF something does transpire the new people may want to do it differently.

This has been going on since May! Every time I have contact it seems we are one step away and expect next week! Some pretty conclusive evidence in the mix from very reliable people BUT every next week nothing happens.

Let's stay with what we have at present. Many of us seem upbeat without investment.

Hmm, interesting.

Last post, maybe I’ll see a cryptic post soon, All the best.

Am I about to be vindicated NickH - you seem to know something?

I don't know why, but unlike in the case of lifelongsaint, tommac, helpmerhonda etc etc, i actually did think you were ITK and not full of it.

I can't be bothered to check through your posts (lol they've gone anyway) so any chance of a summary of what you feel comfortable posting for all to see?

I'm sorry to bring you down, but I suspect that this was all a fabrication of a guy called Tommac.

All IMHO of course.

So where is Tommac now ?

Kind Regards

Morph

I don't know why, but unlike in the case of lifelongsaint, tommac, helpmerhonda etc etc, i actually did think you were ITK and not full of it.

I can't be bothered to check through your posts (lol they've gone anyway) so any chance of a summary of what you feel comfortable posting for all to see?

Whatever we may think of them,along with others,they were great entertainment value.

Whatever we may think of them,along with others,they were great entertainment value.

tommac and helpmerhonda were amusing to a point, but i do feel sorry for Marc Jackson. The poor bloke lost shed loads of money for his efforts. He was just so unbelieveably stupid, but i still think he was genuine.

tommac and helpmerhonda were amusing to a point, but i do feel sorry for Marc Jackson. The poor bloke lost shed loads of money for his efforts. He was just so unbelieveably stupid, but i still think he was genuine.
Life Long Milk paid a heavy price for his naivety and stupidity.

LLS is still about. He reads this forum under a different name, was on this evening, but no longer posts.

Marc, if you read this give me a call.

St David is on under a different name as well i think. He does post but is too tight to pay his fiver ;)

The forum is all the better without their ramblings. All IMHO of course. Most so called ITK people are either too self involved or bitter towards the club about something or other.

Just like Euell, we are better off without...

LLS is still about. He reads this forum under a different name, was on this evening, but no longer posts.

Marc, if you read this give me a call.

St David is on under a different name as well i think. He does post but is too tight to pay his fiver ;)

He's waiting for his one of his investors to release the funds,as he always stated the whole process is very "fluid".;)