Uncharted 2.

Draino76

Playing beta at the moment, loved the first one, it sits in my top 5 games of all time. This one seems same gameplay-wise. Added multiplayer is fun, and I can see myself returning to it once I finish the story. Graphics seem better.

So all they need to do is not screw up the story and it's almost perfect for me.

Fecking Xbox scum fanboy. No in all seriousness I love console fanboy freds. Look at the comments section after the IGN review. LOL like xbox give it zero when ps3 kids give it 10. Oh the futility of it. I could just buy a wii or Xbox today, but I don't see the point.

The problem with IGN though Draino is that they take cash for reviews. A lot of devs openly go to them 1st to do reviews as they know majority of the time they will get a high score. Plus IGN is a very Sony orientated website, after all their podcast is called "the three red lights".....

Then what happens when they give a review that the games company don't quite agree with?

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/936/936295p1.html

They gave Football Manager 2009 a 2 rating, that is pure laughable, no game is worth a 2 rating. But because Sega complained they changed it. Also they pay money to have their name advertised in games in return for favourable reviews ala Pro Evo Soccer.

All in all i would trust my grandma's reviews ahead of IGN.

The only people today who really tell it like it is, is Eurogamer.

I am looking forward to the sequel of this game but too many other games coming out in such a short space of time that it will have to wait a bit for me :( Fifa10,Forza 3 and COD6 = i got no money.

Edge has always given an average game a 5 whereas most other publications consider 7 to be an average score. A really special game will get a 9 or 10 in Edge. Killzone 2 is a reasonable shooter, above average but nothing special so a 7 seems fair to me.

Edge would actually like to remove their scores as too many mongs concentrate on them instead of the actual content of the review. They tried it before but there was a widespread mong uprising so they are back. Shame really...

Just read the Kotaku review, which is the gaming site I trust the most.

http://kotaku.com/5369539/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review-fortune-shines-on-drake

Doesn't give the games a score which I like, but it's only negative is something which has no relation to the game, and has since been removed!

Just checked on the metacritic, it has 98... couldn't be more excited for it.

Fecking Xbox scum fanboy. No in all seriousness I love console fanboy freds. Look at the comments section after the IGN review. LOL like xbox give it zero when ps3 kids give it 10. Oh the futility of it. I could just buy a wii or Xbox today, but I don't see the point.

Oh apart from Mario Kart on the Wii. Is a game worth £200.00?

think i will have to get this game as those reviews are superb, eurogamer gave it 10 out of 10

guess will have to vist cex and get rid of some of the old ones, £29 fot Batman is pretty cool. 100% completed it so doubt will play again.

Really? Only paid £22 for it brand new!

Among thieves will be my birthday present, 24 and still getting games from the rents as a present!

I downloaded the multiplayer demo and its damn good. Will deffo purchase this one! I had a go at two Co-operative maps with 2 other players and it was good fun helping each other, saving each other from certain death and shooting the bad guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Good. Order online and impatiently wait like the rest of us!

I don't trust Play to deliver it on time, and Shopto are a mess. I stick with Amazon, but unlike Play, you don't get the chance of it to be delivered a day early.

Which is better than not getting the delivery on the release day guarenteed. Which Play failed for with me on a couple of titles. *waves fist*

It's actually unbelievable. The opening scene with the train (and Drake struggling because of his injuries) actually makes you feel the urgency, fear and suspense.

Naughty Dog are very clever for that, saying that they had his pace slowed down and more pain sounds added in than usual in that sequence, all to immerse the player and make them feel how bad it's gone for Drake through the trudgeness (is that a word? It is now.) and bleakness of the snowy landscape with an injury.

Haven't completed it yet, but the other train bit is the best bit of the game for me so far.

Felt short for me as well, however, when I saw my stats at the end, it said I'd been playing for 13 hours! I'm sure the nonstop action just made it feel more like 8 hours.

Now moving onto Hardened, co-op action with friends, and multiplayer till Modern Warfare arrives.