2010 F1 Grid

Arizona

Realistically, which drivers would you like to see where next season?

I'd go with:

Brawn - Button and Kubica

Red Bull - Webber and Vettel

Ferrari - Alonso and Massa

McLaren - Hamilton and Raikkonen

Toyota - Glock and Heidfeld

Renault - Kovalainen and Grosjean

Williams - Rosberg and Senna

Force India - Fisichella and Sutil

Torro Rosso - Buemi and Algae

USF1 - Montoya and Patrick (neither will happen but it would be brilliant)

Manor - Davidson and Sato

The other one - Meh

Brawn: Button and Barrichello

Red Bull: Webber and Vettel

Ferrari: Alonso and Massa

McLaren: Hamilton and Raikonnen

Williams: Hulkenberg and Heidfeld

Toyota: Glock and Nakajima

Renault: Kubica and Grosjean

Force India: Sutil and Liuzzi

Torro Roso: Buemi and Algersuari

US F1: Sato and Speed

Manor: Piquet Jnr and Davidson

Campos: Di Grassi and Fisichella

Reformed-Sauber: Kovalainen and Carroll

Lotus: Senna and Petrov

Kovalainen and Grosjean? Purlease!

It will possibly be Grosjean, then perm one of Alonso, Raikkonnen and Kubica.

My money's on Kubica and Kovalainen though.

Just a guess.

Can't see Kimi back at Macca, or Heikki back at Renault.

Why not. I thought Heikki left on decent terms and Alonso went back afterall.

Kimi is a bit of a stretch, but that's one of the runours I've read recently. It looks likely Alonso will oust him at Ferrari so he will have to go somewhere, assuming he stays in F1.

Nah, we'll have a top driver, almost certainly. We're still one of the big teams with the ability to achieve something. 2007's 2nd rate (to some) line-up of Fisi and Heikki was more a result of Raikkonnen signing for Ferrari when they offered him megabucks at the last minute than anything else. He was destined to replace Fernando for ages.

Brawn - Button and Rosberg

Red Bull - Webber and Vettel

Ferrari - Alonso and Massa

McLaren - Hamilton and Heidfeld

Toyota - Glock and Kovalainen

Renault - Kubica and Grosjean

Williams - Nico Hulkenberg and Andy Soucek

Force India - Sutil and Karun Chandok

Toro Rosso - Buemi and Sebastien Loeb

USF1 - Ryan Briscoe and Scott Dixon (but I don't think they'll appear)

Manor - Anthony Davidson and Adam Carroll

Campos - Liuzzi and Alguesuari

Lotus - Gary Paffett and Vitaly Petrov

BMW (or whatever its called, if allowed) - Trulli and Bruno Senna

If Flav was around, i'd have said Webber instead of Kubica. Raikkonen leaving to do rallying (maybe taking Loeb's place at Citroen?) And a 40% chance USF1 get on the grid.

Edited by gaz

Hate to say it, but I can't see Brawn being any nearer to the WDC than Renault next season. This is Brawns big season. It is something of an anomaly with Honda building an absolute demon of a car, but I can't see them having the resources to compete again next season.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd say next year will be between McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull

Hate to say it, but I can't see Brawn being any nearer to the WDC than Renault next season. This is Brawns big season. It is something of an anomaly with Honda building an absolute demon of a car, but I can't see them having the resources to compete again next season.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd say next year will be between McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull

The only thing in Brawn's favour is that the technical regs for next year are reasonably similar to this, so it's possible that most of their good performance will carry over. They have developed quite well this year, albeit in fits and starts, and they've certainly kept their noses in front more consistently than expected. Once RBR caught them up, around the time of the British GP, most of us thought they'd continue to be left behind but that hasn't been the case. If anything RBR have faltered more than Brawn, and very disingenuously they've blamed the Renault engine. The same engine that's given them two 1-2 finishes this year.

Brawn have already said they would be willing to compromise next years car to secure this years WCs. I can only assume they've had to do that to stay ahead of Red Bull.

I don't think they'll be bad, but I can't see them being in the WC hunt, unless they get some hefty financial backing. "Leibherr F1" anybody?

Would love to see Kimi back at Macca and Kubica at Brawn. The former looks likelyish, but sadly Rosberg looks set to take the second seat at Brawn to keep Merc happy.

The current talk is of Villeneurve racing for one of the new teams. Would be interesting if he could get anywhere near the pace of the current grid, but he has looked continuously average since 1997. Having said that, another WC on the grid has to be good for the profile of the sport.

That would suck. 2010 was shaping up pretty well with Hammy, Kimi, Alonso and Massa in (probably) the 4 best seats. Hopefully Red Bull wont be that far off either and with decent backing Jenson and Brawn would be there or there-abouts.

Looking forward to seeing Lotus on the grid again. Will they be in British racing green?