St Marco

Demo will be released tomorrow

Get to drive 5 cars

•2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR

•2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro

•2009 Ferrari California

•2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

•2009 Mini John Cooper Works

Will be able to update your times to a leaderboard.

The final game will be out a month later

GT is Gran Turismo.

Both Forza and Gran Turismo are racing simulation games, meant to be realistic etc.. Where as say Need For Speed is an arcade racing game.

Forza and GT are huge franchises in europe and japan because for some reason we love racing games.

Forza currently is considered the better game due to beating GT games review wise. Forza 2 was/is considered the benchmark for racing games.

Here is a view of the ****pit from one of the audi's, shows the amount of detail they put in it

forza3screen4.jpg

marginally off topic, but whats the current release date for GT:HD?

Not sure if were talking about the same thing but GT HD as in Gran Turismo Concept was cancelled and then re-born as GT5 Prologue, which has been out years.

If were talking about the next GT as in GT5 then it has been delayed today until at least march 2010.

Unless there is a GT which has somehow missed me by?

Back on topic :)

Played the demo for a bit, simply outstanding.

Best racing game i have ever played bar none. Looks great, sounds great, physics are great, annoyingly the lighting is great (the sun dazzles you when you look at it), handling is great etc etc

Expert is a bit too difficult for me so will stick to advanced :)

If you like racing games and have an HD tv you should check it out.

Ditto. This is going to be purely epic.

Not too keen on the menu style (a bit GT4 for me, never played GT5 Prologue) as you can't see the cars other than in an arty way, but....the handling is spot on, the graphics, spot on. I like how you can swap between doing laptimes and scoring drifting points via the D-pad. Would have been nice to look around the interior on the right stick though, but it doesn't matter too much.

Can't wait to get my hands on a Focus RS....and paint everything in sight. :D

Arse. Not going to update my 360 because I don’t want to block the latest exploit. Was going to buy a new one but heard about the new special edition 250Gb ones that are coming out with Call of Duty and Forza so going to wait. Really want to play the demo as well... :(

• 2 weeks later...

First reviews starting to come out. IGN (meh) gave it a 9.4/10

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1033110p1.html

While IGN are normally laughable and anti Microsoft (three red rings podcast etc) it is actually a decent write up. Same as the uncharted one and fifa one. If they keep up with decent writing and turn away from the annoying side they could redeem themselves!

Also other news about Forza 3. People who buy the game will get a code, this code will be used to unlock/download new tracks and loads of classic cars, for free.

I think the reason they done that is to encourage people to buy it new rather then second hand.

I hate the way they deny content to purchasers who don't use LIVE. All content should be available to everyone who pays the purchase price.

Tell me about it. I bought this game and don't even have an X-Box 360. I'm always feeling really hard done by.

I hate the way they deny content to purchasers who don't use LIVE. All content should be available to everyone who pays the purchase price.

Think it is free mate as in you just need an internet connection.

As far as i can tell the only difference with Live is if you pay the £3 a month or however much it is you get the demo's and stuff a week early. From next week i think you also get some other crap like Sky on there and Facebook etc.. Where as if you don't pay it you just get stuff a week later.

So i think it is more to do with if you have the internet you get it, and if you don't have the internet you don't. So not really the game makers fault as we all use the net these day's!

When you buy the game inside you get the code as mentioned to get 10 new cars. But you get another code with it, this code will give you another.....30 tracks... So in total that is 130 tracks straight away. That is about 10 times the amount of tracks in GT.

Reviews have been out a few days now and has done pretty well sitting at 93% after 22 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/forzamotorsport3

Think that makes it the best sored racing game since 2001 when A spec came out. Funny enough since then the GT series has not got a 90%+ score so GT5 will have to excellent to top it, will be interesting to see how that game turns out.

Had it since wednesday and really really good.

Even online has been improved and us down under dont lag when racing with Brits.

Graphics are amazing, handling is much improved from Forza 2 and the amount of content is unreal (brought the special edition with all the bonus tracks/cars)

Had some amazing splitscreen action versus Arizona (the admin..not the place) this evening. Loving it and can't wait to get into it more

0.2s difference in an 8:20 min lap of the Nordschleife. Shame I couldn't keep the feckin thing in a straight line.

I have been really, really disappointed with the online gaming. Getting thrown into rooms with complete noobies who can't drive (ok, a little forgiving on this one), idiots who just love to smash into you and you lose so much time getting your car of its roof, the leader finishes the race and you can't = DNF. Lastly, when I did start to win, I got voted out because I was too good and won 2 races!

I really detest not being able to chose B class or lower, B class was my domain in FM2 and I can't even race online with this class now. So, you can't race F, E, D, C or B class online, this means about 75% of the cars are unavailable to race online.

Lastly, I used to love tuning and painting my cars and racing them online, because 3 out of the classes available online are already painted and tuned, I can only build and paint A or S class, this will cost me (has cost me) around 400,000 credits, per car.

Singleplayer, or playing with mates works well, but I don't work the same hours as my mates and so am left largely with online multiplayer where I don't know anybody, I tried to make some random friends but got accused of 'grooming' and now I won;t race onlion again!

IMO, it is the worst online racing game EVER! I used to LOVE playing this online, now I cannot. My advice, if you love the singleplayer game, you'll love it, if you love multiplayer, you'll hate it.

P.S. really disappointed about the '****pit' view, all you can see is the top of the steering wheel and some dials, some which don;t move. You can;t look round, you can;t see out of the side window and you can only see halk a rear view mirror and maybe, sometime, the side mirror.

Absolute sham of a game!

Must of been playing a different game to me because you can look anywhere you want in the ****pit by using if i remember right LB and the left analogue stick pushed in, then move the analogue stick to look wherever you want to see.

As for the online remarks again i think we must be playing different games as the multiplayer is fully editable.

If you have a read of

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1033032p1.html

Your see that in the racing genre in terms of multiplayer they destroy any other game in options.

To quote that guy

"Forza 3 has an awesome array of multiplayer options, more than I've ever seen in a racing game before. Probably more than I've seen in any console game before in any genre."

If you dislike the game then that is your opinion, but at least go back and play it for sometime and then come back and say what you think because it sounds like you just made it up really. Because if you had you would of known you can create and join any lobby group for races which enable you to decide what options/assists/preferences are in each group. I.e you say you get thrown in with complete noobs who can't drive, that is because you have not selected to race against people who dont use assists etc.. that is not the games fault, that is your fault....I race with next to no assists, have not had one problem at all finding races with the same minded people.

Edit: Unless you have no friends to play the game with then you have to use the matchmaking system, easier to just play with pre-arranged people.

Edited by St Marco

If you have a read of

Your see that in the racing genre in terms of multiplayer they destroy any other game in options.

To quote that guy

"Forza 3 has an awesome array of multiplayer options, more than I've ever seen in a racing game before. Probably more than I've seen in any console game before in any genre."

I thought you didn't trust IGN :p

The load times are a pain. I've installed it to the hard drive which improves it a bit but it's still annoying to me.

Troulbe is as well, because I got my xbox some time ago, I only have the 20gb hard drive and with all the Forza 3 stuff installed, I think I've used over 10gb already. Add to that the random system fils that always have to be saved on the hard drive, and I essentially don't have any significant space left.

I've no intention of replacing the console and Microsoft's pricing on the official hard drives seems to be a little 'keen'. However, if publishers are going to keep putting out releases such as Forza 3 which use a large chunk of disc space, some thought needs to be given as to how gamers are going to be able to get round the issue as it essentially means I can only play one game for any period of time, e.g. I don't have the space to keep hold of multiple save game files across many other games.

Rather worryingly, it perhaps rears the question again of whether Microsoft was right to stick with a DVD drive instead of bluray or HDDVD. If Forza 3 had fitted on one disk there would have been no need to install 5.8 gb worth of additional content in the first place!

Must of been playing a different game to me because you can look anywhere you want in the ****pit by using if i remember right LB and the left analogue stick pushed in, then move the analogue stick to look wherever you want to see.

As for the online remarks again i think we must be playing different games as the multiplayer is fully editable.

If you have a read of

To quote that guy

If you dislike the game then that is your opinion, but at least go back and play it for sometime and then come back and say what you think because it sounds like you just made it up really. Because if you had you would of known you can create and join any lobby group for races which enable you to decide what options/assists/preferences are in each group. I.e you say you get thrown in with complete noobs who can't drive, that is because you have not selected to race against people who dont use assists etc.. that is not the games fault, that is your fault....I race with next to no assists, have not had one problem at all finding races with the same minded people.

Edit: Unless you have no friends to play the game with then you have to use the matchmaking system, easier to just play with pre-arranged people.

St Marco, why do you have to talk down to people? Should I be as crass as you in my response and point out that you don't get a LB or a left thumbstick on a STEERING WHEEL!!! No I didn't point that out before, but you could have just 'suggested' using LB and left thumbstick and I would've said - 'ah, that's why, I don't have LB or Left thumbstick as I have a steering wheel'. There, you see how easy it could've been.

Also, if you check out the bottom of you quote that laps up the a*se of T10, it says:

This review is cr*p! Although Forza 3 does offer much more online features then regular games, it's not even close to as good as the MP in Forza 2 was. This is why the user rating has gone below 6 at this point. No one can give an explanation why the Mulitplayer in Forza 3 has gotten WORSE since forza 2

You see, the bit about rating below 6! That is purely and soley on the MP part of the game. These so called options you talk of are not available on T10's hopper system. Yes, I have played Forza3 a lot, yes I am good at it, no I don;t have friends who are off from work the same time as me other than week ends, when generally I'm watching Saints or doing family stuff! So, I'm left to the awful hopper system that T10 have chosen to opt for. And the reason for this change from the previous customizable search for games, was in order to catch all those soles that are 'casual' gamers. So, I guess he's talking about you. Anyway, this does not suit my desire to match my cars against top class racers around the world. Also, you cannot fine tune your car in multiplayer and the growth of the hopper has declined since worldwide release, not increased, as T10 had prophesised. Therefore, we won;t be seeing hopper set ups for B, C, D, E or F class cars, hence the mention of not being able to race 75% of cars online. If I wanted to race a friend, I'd use system link, oh yeah, they've removed that option as well.

So, thanks for clearing up the c**kpit view thingy, but to be fair, your grasp of my love for the game that is Forza is misplaced. Hoppers are good for FIFA, or COD, or GOW. Customizable options that made Forza2 probably THE most longevity multiplayer game of all time, has just been lost. It's a sad sad day in the world of online racing, a real step back.

Thanks to you other guys on the tips that I CAN paint those R1, R2, R3 cars, I will go and give it a try.

St Marco, why do you have to talk down to people? Should I be as crass as you in my response and point out that you don't get a LB or a left thumbstick on a STEERING WHEEL!!! No I didn't point that out before, but you could have just 'suggested' using LB and left thumbstick and I would've said - 'ah, that's why, I don't have LB or Left thumbstick as I have a steering wheel'. There, you see how easy it could've been.

Also, if you check out the bottom of you quote that laps up the a*se of T10, it says:

This review is cr*p! Although Forza 3 does offer much more online features then regular games, it's not even close to as good as the MP in Forza 2 was. This is why the user rating has gone below 6 at this point. No one can give an explanation why the Mulitplayer in Forza 3 has gotten WORSE since forza 2

You see, the bit about rating below 6! That is purely and soley on the MP part of the game. These so called options you talk of are not available on T10's hopper system. Yes, I have played Forza3 a lot, yes I am good at it, no I don;t have friends who are off from work the same time as me other than week ends, when generally I'm watching Saints or doing family stuff! So, I'm left to the awful hopper system that T10 have chosen to opt for. And the reason for this change from the previous customizable search for games, was in order to catch all those soles that are 'casual' gamers. So, I guess he's talking about you. Anyway, this does not suit my desire to match my cars against top class racers around the world. Also, you cannot fine tune your car in multiplayer and the growth of the hopper has declined since worldwide release, not increased, as T10 had prophesised. Therefore, we won;t be seeing hopper set ups for B, C, D, E or F class cars, hence the mention of not being able to race 75% of cars online. If I wanted to race a friend, I'd use system link, oh yeah, they've removed that option as well.

So, thanks for clearing up the c**kpit view thingy, but to be fair, your grasp of my love for the game that is Forza is misplaced. Hoppers are good for FIFA, or COD, or GOW. Customizable options that made Forza2 probably THE most longevity multiplayer game of all time, has just been lost. It's a sad sad day in the world of online racing, a real step back.

Thanks to you other guys on the tips that I CAN paint those R1, R2, R3 cars, I will go and give it a try.

Hey im not talking down to you mate, just saying your criticisms are not the games fault but your own. As i said you can do anything you want in the game, set up any type of race, set any type of preferences, set whatever assists you want and so on and so on. If you choose to use those things then they are there to be used. Your having a go at it saying the matchmaking system is limited and i agree with you. But there are other ways of doing it, Forza 3 allows you to do it any way you want. So as i mentioned it is not the game makers fault that you can't be arsed to join a lobby or set up your own race is it. You have the tools at your fingertips but are deciding not to use them. No doubt they will do an overhaul to the match making system as other games have done in the past because im sure there are many people like you playing it.

As for the steering wheel ****pit view pan around, i have no idea as i not tried it, maybe one of those who have it can give advice.

As i said before your entitled to your opinion, im not shooting you down saying your wrong about xyz, the game is not perfect, no game is, but of all the things i have found annoying/irritating about the game the multi-player aspect is not one. The load times on the other hand....

My favourite driving game ever.

I didnt think it could get any better than Gran Turismo 2 on PS...I was wrong. Forza 2 was quality but this is just unbelievable.

Just a shame my Xbox has decided to f*cking red ring this morning...FFS!!!

As i said you can do anything you want in the game, set up any type of race, set any type of preferences, set whatever assists you want and so on and so on. If you choose to use those things then they are there to be used. Your having a go at it saying the matchmaking system is limited and i agree with you. But there are other ways of doing it, Forza 3 allows you to do it any way you want. So as i mentioned it is not the game makers fault that you can't be arsed to join a lobby or set up your own race is it. You have the tools at your fingertips but are deciding not to use them. No doubt they will do an overhaul to the match making system as other games have done in the past because im sure there are many people like you playing it.

Yep, didn;t think you got it. The preferences of which you speak were ALL available in Forza2 with online, customizable lobbies. They certainly 'are not' available in Forza 3. The preferences and tools at my fingertips, of which you speak, are not apllicable to online game search. You can;t even join a friend in a hopper lobby. I just guess that you never played Forza2 online a great deal, or you would understand where I am coming from.

T10 dropped the ball with this one.

If you have a read of

To quote that guy

Actually marco, he has a point about the multiplayer options. They have been significantly scaled down since Forza 2.

Whereas previously you could search for a public lobby that was using a certain class, or car, or had assists off etc, now you can only select the type of racing you want to do (drift / circuit) and choose from a limited selection of car classes.

The only way to get a fully configurable multiplayer game is to run a private lobby and arrange offline to play your friends online at a certain time. Their is no way for a member of the public, to search or enter these private lobbies so if you have less than 8 racers online, you have to fill the grid up with AI cars.

They've ruined a large part of how the game was played online and it's bitterly disappointing in my book.

Yep, didn;t think you got it. The preferences of which you speak were ALL available in Forza2 with online, customizable lobbies. They certainly 'are not' available in Forza 3. The preferences and tools at my fingertips, of which you speak, are not apllicable to online game search. You can;t even join a friend in a hopper lobby. I just guess that you never played Forza2 online a great deal, or you would understand where I am coming from.

T10 dropped the ball with this one.

john, i've just noticed this myself. I can't believe what they've gone and done.

I used to tune a car in a particular category and go and race it with randoms from across the world. I can't do this any more!

It's craziness

john, i've just noticed this myself. I can't believe what they've gone and done.

I used to tune a car in a particular category and go and race it with randoms from across the world. I can't do this any more!

It's craziness

Probably my last post for 24hrs, as that's 3 now. But, yes sotonjoe, my thoughts exactly. I purcahsed a steering wheel a few months ago, so I could practice on Forza2, prior to Forza3 release. I wasn't great, but it gave me a good idea of what to expect, and by the time Forza3 was released, I'd got back to within a couple of seconds of my best track times. So, day 1 of forza3, I got onto the single player, quickly built up 50,000 cr and me and my mate spent 40,000 cr, buying and tuning a C class car. I bought an old MR2, he got a more modern Honda S2000. Both were upto the max PI for C class and we decided to find a lobby and see how we'd done. We spent a couple of hours trying to find one, and then racing in our own private matches, going back and having a re-think on how to join other racers. Eventually, after a couple of days, we figured that it couldn't be done, we were gutted!

So, I went to the Forza3 official site and found this (70 odd page thread, now 90 odd pages) http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3093291.aspx

We couldn't believe the response to them removing this facility, for what seems no more than an executive decision. There have been a couple of official responses, but, largely, they've ignored the uproar and have stuck their fingers in their ears.

I for one am gutted that I am unable to race my B or C class cars against other like minded racers. They say, that through the popularity of lower class cars, the 'hoppers' will expand due to the will of the players. However, hoppers do not create themselves and if T10 do not recognise that these lower class cars are more desirable for your committed gamer to race, no new hoppers will be created.

Check out online and just see the volumes racing in A class. It FAR outweighs any other group of cars. I have built a couple of amazing A class cars, but still, I have to race them against guys that can't race. Every now and again, you get a good room, but it soon descends into a problem when someone starts ramming. There is a lack of audio communication and people are getting voted out of rooms for 'winning', and more are staying in for ramming.

T10 have got it wrong, they've absolutley ruined a brilliant on-line game. Yes the asthetics are pleasing, yes the racing sim is better, but it is a single player game now, that you then race occasionally with your mates. Sorry, but that's not good enough for me.

(apologies for the long post, as I said, last one for 24hrs!)

one way to get round this is to find community forums on forza 3 which take the racing a bit more serious and dont allow 'rammers' into races. Im sure that you will find races that will suit your needs at all classes. Not ideal but best way atm.

That's right; that's what I alluded to above. But as you've alluded to yourself, it's a more planned and complicated procedure than just letting the game hook you up wth a load of people racing C class with all assists off etc.