Singapore F1 GP 2009 Thread.

Pancake

Bah, Colin beat me to it!

1144: "Sorry guys, I lost the car in Turn 17," says Romain Grosjean. Yes, we saw that. Disbelieving looks in the Renault paddock that scream "seriously, that corner??". By the way, there isn't room to put a permanent crane at that point, which basically means that we'll be looking at a safety car - again - should the same thing happen in the race. Cue lots of chin-stroking.

1141: RED FLAG. Renault's Romain Grosjean loses the back end coming out of Turn 17 and catches the right rear on the wall before rolling into the opposite wall. Believe it or not, unbelievably that is the exact wall that Nelson Piquet Jr smashed into last year. Oh the irony.

WTF are Kers?

Technology that can harness energy from when breaking and then at the touch of a button release that energy thus giving more power,eg when on a long straight you can gain more speed.

One problem is that the kit weighs a few pounds extra on the car.

Kinetic something,i believe.

Thats all in really basic terms i'm afraid.

Ponts or someone will be along to correct me and put some more flesh on the bones,i suspect.

Technology that can harness energy from when breaking and then at the touch of a button release that energy thus giving more power,eg when on a long straight you can gain more speed.

One problem is that the kit weighs a few pounds extra on the car.

Kinetic something,i believe.

Thats all in really basic terms i'm afraid.

Ponts or someone will be along to correct me and put some more flesh on the bones,i suspect.

Kinetic Energy Recovery System, and basically you are correct. I think it gives up to 70bhp added power for up to 7 seconds per lap, and resets itself each time the car crosses the start/finish line.

Still think this is one of the worst circuits on the calendar; once the first 2 laps are completed you need a dodgy pitstop or a safety car to progress through the field, no other form of overtaking is possible.

If I was Webber I would be kicking the mechanic who said the brakes were OK. ( Much LOLage though, if only because he's an Aussie !!! )

Not a bad race by street circuit standards. Best result Jenson could realistically have hoped for. Outscoring his team mate in any of the final few races is a massive step towards the title. Qualifying 10 places behind Vettel and only scoring 1 less point has all-but ruled him out too.

Can't see Button losing the title now. 'Tis not like previous years because Rubens isn't guaranteed one of the podium spots, he and Jenson aren't consistently the fastest on the grid any more, and for him to win the title, even if Jenson doesn't score another single point, Rubens still needs at least two 4th place finishes and a 3rd place finish...

If Jenson scores 5 more points than Rubens at Suzuka next week then he will take the title with two races left.

Personally, although I will be really happy to see him win it, I would rather it went down to the last race. Having said that, if he wins the title with races to spare then maybe the pressure that seems to have been getting to him in qualifying lately will be lifted off him and he can finish the season in relaxed and confident mood rather than hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

Yes my home is bolted on literally to the southern peninsular of Malaysia but 2 road causeways! Singapore is an island 24 miles east to west and 14 miles north to south, just over 2.5 times the size of Isle of Wight but with just under 5 million residents!

Singapore is only 85 miles north of the equator which means we have 4 seasons which are hot, hot with a bit of rain, very hot and ridiculously hot! average day time temp is about 32 degrees and it dips to a chilly 25 degrees at night buts it's the humidity that kills everyone who visits here!

I now permanently live here officially and is an amazing place to live!