Lotus Evora

View From The Top

I had a good look at an Evora recntly whilst dropping my Elan off for some work. It's a lovely looking car, but the rear seat option is pretty pointless unless you have very young children (or older children with no legs!). I guess most people buying a car like this aren't worried about rear seat space, but then it does make me wonder why car companies make 2+2 seater cars when they really may as wel just make them 2 seaters!

That said, I'd certainly love one of these cars. :)

the rear seat option is pretty pointless unless you have very young children (or older children with no legs!). I guess most people buying a car like this aren't worried about rear seat space, but then it does make me wonder why car companies make 2+2 seater cars when they really may as wel just make them 2 seaters!

agreed. not sure why they dont just make the boot a bit bigger

even my dog complains about the leg room. well it would, if it was allowed in

That's about as blinkered as anything Clarkson says, tbh.

You've obviously gone off me for some reason. You're getting your little stabs in every chance you get.

As it happens, yes I know it's blinkered. But I wouldn't want a Lotux Evora anyway, so it matters little anyway. Pretty car though.

I don't have any idols and I'll never accept anyone has more knowledge than me, whether it's true or not.

I've met Clarkson and he's a bit of a jerk tbh. He's misogynistic and embarrassing (like your dad trying to breakdance at a wedding is embarrassing) but I do like Top Gear, purely for its entertainment values. James May is by far a more decent bloke. I didn't talk to Hammond 1-1, but he's quite genuine off camera.

I don't have any idols and I'll never accept anyone has more knowledge than me, whether it's true or not.

I've met Clarkson and he's a bit of a jerk tbh. He's misogynistic and embarrassing (like your dad trying to breakdance at a wedding is embarrassing) but I do like Top Gear, purely for its entertainment values. James May is by far a more decent bloke. I didn't talk to Hammond 1-1, but he's quite genuine off camera.

Yeah, I get the impression that with Clarkson, it's a case of what-you-see-is-what-you-get. With Hammond, I think it's quite made up, and he likes playing the role. With May, I think we're seeing a skilled and intelligent bloke, actually dumbing himself down, so as not to appear out of place, too badly.

Anyone else get a similar vibe..?

EDIT: Of course, the whole bloody thing works in Top Gear. The invention of The Stig was genius. But I do wish they'd open the bonnet and talk a few BHP/MPGs occasionally. And review bikes too, which I'm sure Hammond and May would love to do.

Edited by St Landrew