US Olympic team

Thedelldays

The US has more than 30 foreign born athletes in its team..its whole table tennis team are chinese, there best canoe person is british and their best distant runners are from kenya..all of which have represented their birth countries and won medals in previous world championships etc...

the USA are doing all they can not to allow China to gain top spot in the medal table..

surely, this is not right...?

It's all getting a bit silly...witness various football and cricketing nations fielding 'naturalised' players.I guess increased possibilities for migration are weakening the old notions of nationhood.I'm not sure about being allowed to represent two different countries though,although I'd probably welcome it if our Olympic team gained an advantage...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

The only thing that surprises me these days is that people still think it's "Sport". It's business. End of.

We've been just as guilty in the past.

Zola Budd anyone??

Theres a difference between one person and systematically stealing all the best athletes in the world to try and top the medal count.

Its all a bit pathetic really.