Barcelona GP track

mightysaints

Hi All

Off to Barcelona for the final F2 bash for the season for the last weekend in Oct. We are staying near the Ramblas and were wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get to the GP track by train as we are not hireing a car this weekend. Its live on Europsport so if you see a saints top in the paddock it will be me.

Edited by mightysaints

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just back from the F2 weekend at the Barcelona track. If anyone wants to go to an F1 meeting abroad next year then i can recommend the circuit outside Barca. The track has great views, a long straight and some of the stands are quite close to the action. Getting to the track was easy via the trains and they were very cheap (4 of us for a 2 day train return to Montmeló station from Barca central cost 12 euros). You can walk to the track from the station and it only takes approx 15mins.

One thing that did strike me was that although the main stand was very good the rest of the track seating was no better than say Silverstone. The pit and paddock was not much better than Silverstone either so why is Bernie always slagging Silverstone off.

Both the F2 races were not to good as my driver had DNF's in both races, one was a bit hairy as he had a suspension faliure and ended up flying when the front wheel decided to part company with the car and took a trip up the underside of the tub.

Also look out for another Spaniard next year in F1. Andy Soucek dominated the F2 series and has now landed a test for Williams. Very nice guy and he spoke at lenght to my son yesturday and let him get in the car after the stewards had finnshed weighing it.

Bernie has issues with the BRDC who own Silverstone, he considers them as a bunch of Blazers, no doubt because they can see right through him and refuse to kiss his backside in the same way everyone else does to stay on side with him.

I know this away from the original topic of Barcelona's GP track, but regarding Silverstone's negotiations with Bernie who is not budging on the costs, I seem to recall an article on the BBC website which said that Monza does get a reduced rate from Bernie. Does anyone know why this would be the case (if true)?

I know this away from the original topic of Barcelona's GP track, but regarding Silverstone's negotiations with Bernie who is not budging on the costs, I seem to recall an article on the BBC website which said that Monza does get a reduced rate from Bernie. Does anyone know why this would be the case (if true)?

Ferrari Mafia running Formula 1?!?

Edited by John Boy Saint