Ecclestone

St Landrew

I can't be the only one one who believes this bloke has been a bit of a plonker for some years now. Now he is seriously suggesting that F1 doesn't need a British Grand Prix. This country has most of the F1 teams within its borders, with 2 concurrent World Champions, and F1 support is enormous [i often wonder why, but that's another story]. And Ecclestone doesn't think he should give Silverstone a discount like the ones issued to Monza and Monaco, so that they can stage the bloody event. Frankly, I'm pretty sure F1 doesn't need Ecclestone anymore.

How many of the current teams are based in the UK? Ponty?????

It would be an absolute travesty if Ecclestone decided that Britain shouldn't have a race just to satisfy his own ego.

On a slightly different note, what does everyone think about Jean Todt being appointed as president of the FIA?

How many of the current teams are based in the UK? Ponty?????

It would be an absolute travesty if Ecclestone decided that Britain shouldn't have a race just to satisfy his own ego.

On a slightly different note, what does everyone think about Jean Todt being appointed as president of the FIA?

Renault

McLaren

Red Bull

Toro Rosso (for 2010)

Williams

Brawn

Force India

Lotus

Manor

Are all in the UK

Only

Toyota (Germany)

Ferrari (Italy)

Campos (Spain)

USGPE (USA)

Sauber (Switzerland - if they get a slot)

Are outside of the UK.

With Toyota unsure of their commitment to F1 beyond 2009, Campos and USGPE without a car yet and Sauber not having a slot yet, only Ferrari will definitely be in F1 from outside the UK next year.

On the other note, I'll let Todt prove us all right before I judge him. He may be just what F1 needs.

I'm starting to think Ecclestone is becoming a parody of himself and the sport could do with someone who runs it a tad smoother than his bullish style - love the guy and his frankness and all that but play the game little fella!!

It needs to be run so at least the tracks make a profit - how many are subsidised by local governments??