Taking FM10 to English Level 10

Matthew Le God

With the new competitions editor it is possible to add alot of new leagues. Some of the SI research team have been working on this...

English National League System Update: Taking FM10 to Level 10

The following is from the main creator of the file who put all the work together so thank him not me :)

For more information read this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

------------------------------------------

Download

The file can be downloaded here.

http://www.llmaddicted.com/FM2010Editor/EnglandLevel10_SuperBladesmanBuild.zip

Activation

You'll need to unzip the file to start off with.

1. Copy the file to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data folder in your My Documents folder.

2. Load FM2010

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the file in the list, if not already.

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting the lowest level that you want to have active.

When starting a new game, it's recommended you tick 'Add key staff'. That way the players generated in the bottom tiers will be a mixture of ages, rather than all being 16 or so

What is included?

Manage any club from the top 10 levels in England. The initial release version adds:

-39 new league competitions

-75 new real-life England-based cup competitions, including the FA Vase.

-A revamped FA Cup, to include 6 qualifying rounds (which aren’t named correctly by the game… yet)

-207 new stadiums

-135 new cities

-879 new clubs (includes some already in the game, but with no nation set, some purely historical, and others not in playable divisions)

The speed is acceptable, on my rig at least. The download link is up top!

League Competitions & Clubs

I’ve recreated the top 10 levels – 46 divisions in total. The top 7 levels are untouched, and left as created by SI.

Below that, four new levels of divisions have been added, which are levels 7, 8, 9 and 10 in this link. Levels 7 and 8 are pretty faithful recreations, as are Levels 9 and 10 where possible. The one deviation from reality is that I could not implement fully accurate promotion and relegation between these levels – in reality, the FA have a lot of issues to contend with here (grounds meeting specific criteria, etc) and so in real life to the outsider it can be quite a mess. For the file, I wanted something that was fairly realistic, but also in line with gameplay – I also had to make the numbers work. Getting the 16 Level 10 divisions to feed into 14 at Level 9 is not trivial! This was ‘solved’ by having three teams promoted from each level 10 division, and then having each 4th placed Level 10 playoff enter into a one-match playoff, with the 8 winners also gaining promotion. This gives a total of 56 teams going up, meaning each Level 9 division has 4 relegation places. This is my biggest deviation from reality, but was a necessary evil – if anyone can come up with a better solution, let me know!

Once we get to Level 11, it’s even worse. It’s not at all clear to the novice outsider what is and isn’t a Level 11 league – some are, and feed into other Level 11 leagues. I’ve entered many of the more likely ones, and have entered (very) basic info for the clubs in them.

Levels 9 and 10 have also had many clubs added, and where I’ve been able to find the info easily I have added:

-Club nickname

-Year founded

-Club kits

-Stadiums (with at least fairly generic capacities if I couldn’t easily find the right info).

-Basic finance information (to prevent the clubs being generated with massive debts, which was happening in some cases when left blank)

The key point in all of this is that every club in the top 10 levels should have a stadium; each of these stadia should be properly located in a ‘city’ with longitude and latitude set in the database. Leagues down to Level 10 all have geographic boundaries set in the editor, so the promotions and relegations should work in a realistic manner. I’m not a geographer, so some of the boundaries may not be perfect – also, I can only define a geographical box and so if a county is not perfectly rectangular… well, you get the picture. Long and short: the promotions and relegations work pretty darned well. You might get a team from Kent end up in the Surrey league (assuming Kent and Surrey are near each other!), but you won’t get a team from Cumbria or Birmingham ending up in the Kent league.

At Level 11 there are chuffing hundreds of clubs. I didn’t have time to add stadia (and cities) for all them – I had to draw the line somewhere, and hence I’ve not implemented relegation to Level 11. If Level 11 clubs got promoted, without proper stadia set they would be placed randomly into divisions. If you can live with that, it should be relatively straightforward to activate them yourself – as I say, I had to draw a line somewhere.

Prize Money

I’ve yet to add any prize money for the leagues I’ve added – I’ve not been able to find any info on what realistic prize money would be. To be honest, I’m not convinced there will be any for many of these leagues in real life!

Attendances

I’ve also left most of the attendances at the default figures. I’m not sure that the clubs would be financially viable in FM10 if I put in the correct figures.

Edited by Matthew Le God

• 3 months later...
how can i have only 1/2 (half) a star on performance for laptop??

I have that as well. I put it down to my CPU being below the minimum spec - it says on the box I need 2GHz with Vista, but mine is only 1.5.

That said, the game runs at an acceptable speed (in fact, it runs faster than FM09 did), so SI have done a good job with FM10 in my opinion.

I'm just below the blue square south with my hamble side.. after a while realising that I can't do much with 200 season ticket holders gets a bit souless and selling any decent player to the likes of ashworth town or solihull motors started to annoy me. Oh well onwards and upwards for the my youthful side!

45% faster to be precise :)

I thought it was noticably faster. I know you're a SI researcher so you have a passion for the FM series, but you have to admit that FM09 was pretty poor overall, especially for their standards.

FM10 is a huge leap in the right direction though.

Quick question before I start downloading - these don't "replace" any leagues do they, ala editing teams on Pro Evo? So if I have English levels 1-10 I can still have other national leagues loaded?

Nope, they're entirely new leagues, created on the editor. New feature this year.

Lost my first league game 4-2, we were 2-1 up and my right back gave away three penalties in the last 15 minutes. I have never seen anything like it.

Also the lowest score I have ever seen from a player where I was taking the game seriously - 2.9.

Safe to say that put me right off this level 10 business where having 3 for finishing makes you the divisions top striker. Back to my Wycombe game.