Toyota quit F1

Baj

This is on Wiki:

• Toyota announced their withdrawal from Formula One with immediate effect on November 4, 2009, citing economic hardship as their reason for withdrawing. This paves the way for the Qadbak-backed Sauber team to je-roin the grid.[79] However, as Toyota had signed the Concorde Agreement at the 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix, they have the right to sell the team on if they choose to exercise that right, with reports suggesting a management buyout is being explored.[80]

Interesting, so they might be back.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Dunno, but isnt there some kerfuffle about who exactly is financing them if they race, due to one of the directors being a bit dodgy or summit?

Dodgy Director, in F1 of all things?

Surely you jest.

I wouldn't have thought Toyota will sell the F1 facility in Cologne as it runs all their other motorsports ventures as well. They've also suggested that they'll redeploy the F1 workers within their motorsports departments wherever possible and there's been no mention of the team being up for sale. I'd think that Sauber will grab their spot.

Worryingly, Renault have called an EGM for this afternoon as well. However, they reportedly turned down two bids for the team in the last month, signed Kubica and began a recruitment campaign. Those things don't really add up to a withdrawal, although anything's possible...

Well, so long to a MASSIVE waste of money. I don't think any team history has ever spent that much money over that period of time, yet still never looked like winning.

Hopefully Sauber grab their old spot, or they get bought out. Sauber do need some decent backing though. Anybody know any rich Swiss business men? ;) Also hope Kobayashi gets a drive. Brawn would be great, but sadly I don't think he'd German enough.

Got to feel for Kobayashi, hope he get another drive based on his last 2 races.

Brawn maybe?

Why? what about the 5-600 normal people with normal families who are now likely to be out of work??

I feel much more for them than a promising young racing driver who is very likely to get a decent chance in the not too distant future?

Why? what about the 5-600 normal people with normal families who are now likely to be out of work??

I feel much more for them than a promising young racing driver who is very likely to get a decent chance in the not too distant future?

Oh climb off your high horse.

1) As Pomnty has already said, Toyota are looking to redeploy the staff to the other arms of motor sport division. I would assume there will be some job losses too, but that cannot be helped.

2) This is a thread chatting about F1 within the Motoring section of this website. The topic of conversation was the loss of the team from the grid, simple as that, sports based.

Edit - Ah, I see. I just read through your post history and it seems that 99% of your posts are designed to start rows with other posters. Im sorry I took the bait, troll.

Edited by Pancake

I do know one guy who moved his family over to Cologne, to join Toyota, the year before last. I also know a guy who moved his wife and 2 kids down to Hinwill to join BMW last March. I expect one of them, at least, will have to uproot again.

It's a risky business where so many uncontrollable factors can end your career. It's not as simple as being good or bad at your job - which is essentially how it is for the drivers.

That's the sad bit about it.

In terms of fan base, I'd have to say Toyota is probably one of the worst too. Maybe at the Japanese GP they get a few fans, but when I was at Spa, I think I saw 3 Toyota fans all weekend, and they didn't even have a stall in the merchandise village.

Oh climb off your high horse.

1) As Pomnty has already said, Toyota are looking to redeploy the staff to the other arms of motor sport division. I would assume there will be some job losses too, but that cannot be helped.

2) This is a thread chatting about F1 within the Motoring section of this website. The topic of conversation was the loss of the team from the grid, simple as that, sports based.

Edit - Ah, I see. I just read through your post history and it seems that 99% of your posts are designed to start rows with other posters. Im sorry I took the bait, troll.

Well I guess if Ponty says it then it must be true?! (no disrespect Ponty!) I'm not on my high horse, I'm simply pointing out that the fact that lots of normal people (i.e normal like you and I) will be far more adversley affected by Toyota's announcement than a young promising driver.

I apologise for showing a human element and a genuine level of concern.

A troll? So you class me in the same bracket as 19C?? do me a favour!!! do you not have anything better than that? I'm not an argumentative person, and generally I post common sense, if that is seen as designed to start rows then that's not my fault. The age old adage of the truth hurts? springs to mind.

cheers

Tommi xxx

• 3 weeks later...
Well I guess if Ponty says it then it must be true?! (no disrespect Ponty!) I'm not on my high horse, I'm simply pointing out that the fact that lots of normal people (i.e normal like you and I) will be far more adversley affected by Toyota's announcement than a young promising driver.

I apologise for showing a human element and a genuine level of concern.

A troll? So you class me in the same bracket as 19C?? do me a favour!!! do you not have anything better than that? I'm not an argumentative person, and generally I post common sense, if that is seen as designed to start rows then that's not my fault. The age old adage of the truth hurts? springs to mind.

cheers

Tommi xxx

Tommi, I don't disagree with you, btw. I'm just saying what Toyota said. I'm all for the normal guy at the factory myself. The drivers have NASCAR to face, at worst. The normal guys are fewked.

Edit: Blimey, your post was 3 weeks ago! How time flies.

• 2 months later...