Renault to quit F1?

Jimmy_D

Yeah, I mentioned it on this thread... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17719

There are many things that would indicate that a pull-out is not on the cards. Some are obvious, like signing Kubica and not quitting after "Crashgate", and some I just can't mention but (trust me) do not fit in with the scenario of a team about to withdraw from the sport.

That said, nothing would surprise me in this day and age and it bothers me that Red Bull are yet to officially confirm the use of the RS27 engine next year, even though it's been reported as fact.

Playing Devil's advocate Ponty, Toyota did make some noise about trying to sign Raikkonen in the last couple of weeks. As you say, anything is possible.

Good luck though. :(

They made a lot of noise about signing Kubica too but he signed for us....

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, mate.

I'm not sure where people get the idea that a return of privateer garagista teams would be of any benefit to the sport. Those teams came and went on a whim, moreso than the car manufacturers who have only really left as a knock on from the global economic crisis.

I'm not sure where people get the idea that a return of privateer garagista teams would be of any benefit to the sport. Those teams came and went on a whim, moreso than the car manufacturers who have only really left as a knock on from the global economic crisis.

I dont think it would be beneficial for the sport, but its a rather romantic view of the sport which I think would endear people towards it.

I know when i was a kid I dreamed of either driving in F1 or being a team owner.