A Mistake..?

St Landrew

Sir,

According to the records held by the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership, you accepted a Fixed Penalty as a result of being detected exceeding the speed limit travelling westbound towards Exeter on the A35 in Chideock, West Dorset, on 28.05.2002.

A Crown Court judgement has identified that the Traffic Regulation Order [TRO], which defined a length of the A35 in Chideock as subject to a 30mph speed limit, was defective due to an error in the street names stated in the TRO beteween 1997 to November 2007.

In the interests of fairness, we write to inform you that we have secured agreement that this judgement is applicable to all speeding offences detected by the westbound safety camera located on the stretch of road covered by this TRO.

If you wish to request a removal of the fixed penalty fine and the removal of penalty points from you driving licence, please complete...

I can't quite believe it. Hallelujah, praise be, there is a legod. It's a bit late to remove points from my licence, but £60 is always better than a kick up the arse. Especially when my first reaction was... oh sh!te, where have I managed to go 1mph too fast now..?

Sir,

According to the records held by the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership, you accepted a Fixed Penalty as a result of being detected exceeding the speed limit travelling westbound towards Exeter on the A35 in Chideock, West Dorset, on 28.05.2002.

A Crown Court judgement has identified that the Traffic Regulation Order [TRO], which defined a length of the A35 in Chideock as subject to a 30mph speed limit, was defective due to an error in the street names stated in the TRO beteween 1997 to November 2007.

In the interests of fairness, we write to inform you that we have secured agreement that this judgement is applicable to all speeding offences detected by the westbound safety camera located on the stretch of road covered by this TRO.

If you wish to request a removal of the fixed penalty fine and the removal of penalty points from you driving licence, please complete...

I can't quite believe it. Hallelujah, praise be, there is a legod. It's a bit late to remove points from my licence, but £60 is always better than a kick up the arse. Especially when my first reaction was... oh sh!te, where have I managed to go 1mph too fast now..?

I wonder if they will re-imburse you for the increased insurance premiums over the years?

Yeah, I think that was my second or third thought. Can't quite remember. Do you reckon I should kick up a stink..?

Legally, you would have thought that there may be a case for compensation against additional expenses you have incurred as a result of your wrongful prosecution. You'd need details from your insurance company and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it difficult for you to get the info though.