the last kick of the Swedish season ....

was a real nail-biter.

Yesterdays Swedish Cup Final was a repeat of last week final game with AIK beating Gotherburg 2-0 AGAIN to do the double.

An unusual occurance in Sweden (where the Cup is almost a non-competition ) and doesn't have the " magic " that we associate with the FA Cup in England.

Today was the final play-off game in the Allsvenskan (Prem.League)

On Wednesday Div.2 play-off team Assyriska thoroughly beat Djurgården 2-0 but weren't quite up to it for the second leg in Stockholm. Djurgården scored twice in the second half to (2-2) and force extra time.

10 man Assyriska fought on bravely after losing a man through injury when they'd used all 3 subs. but finally lost to

a goal 4 min.from time.

It saved the blushes of the once-proud Stockholm club and they live to fight another season. Allsvenskan without Djurgården would be like the Prem. losing Tottenham or Arsenal. They have good resources and will certainly do better next year.

Goodbye to Swedish football for this year. Back again in April 2010.

thank the lord for that, i hope Djurgarden realise they need to bring a few in this time to try and stop another relegation fight!

I'm glad they won the playoff v Assriyska, Allsvenskan would have been poorer without Djurgården , it will be poorer without Hammerby as it is IMO .

I only live an hour from Mjällby so will def see them a few times back in allsvenskan next season.

Found out last year one of my workmates played for Norrköping in the 80's and played both legs in the euro cup games v saints, i gave him the match programme i still had and made his day, had his pic in it too, just thought i'd share that :)

small world.

Old Djurgar'n showed that there was one more fight in the old "iron radiators" left. Happiness has been restored. Now waiting for their EGM on Wednesday, new chairman and board, more money and a sporting plan which will bring us back to the top.

It has been a terrible season and major changes are on the cards.

5 Assyriska players attaked on the pitch by Djurgården fans after, one ended up in hospital, video...

http://ads.leta.se/banner.php?place=M1&clickid=TV40503&URL=http://fotbollskanalen.se/1.1321095/2009/11/08/fem_assyriskaspelare_slagna_av_djurgardsfans

I saw this on Swedish TV when I was out in Malmo at the weekend, stupid idiots if you ask me.

Not Sweden but I went to my first Europa League game not too far away from Sweden in Copenhagen on Thursday to see FC Copenhagen vs PSV Eindhoven at the Parken Stadion. Got to say I was impressed by the whole experience and the football was pretty decent too.

I saw this on Swedish TV when I was out in Malmo at the weekend, stupid idiots if you ask me.

Not Sweden but I went to my first Europa League game not too far away from Sweden in Copenhagen on Thursday to see FC Copenhagen vs PSV Eindhoven at the Parken Stadion. Got to say I was impressed by the whole experience and the football was pretty decent too.

I looked at the incident too and he clearly gets a fist in the face.

VERY poor sportmanship on behalf of the Djurgården fan, and for the player it only added injury to the sorrow of losing what was a very competitive game.

Perhaps it's good (for Allsvenskan) that Djurgården didn't go down, but hard luck on Assyriska who'd had a good season.

• 8 months later...

Well, Örebro SK are now really in "the zone". 3-0 last monday against Elfsborg (with Anders Svensson) and scoring 3 beautiful goals. A top-3 finish does not seem too unlikely and that would be a great achievement for our club. Next game is Åtvidaberg away, and hopefully 3 more points.

Well, Örebro SK are now really in "the zone". 3-0 last monday against Elfsborg (with Anders Svensson) and scoring 3 beautiful goals. A top-3 finish does not seem too unlikely and that would be a great achievement for our club. Next game is Åtvidaberg away, and hopefully 3 more points.

Still got the plastic pitch? i got losti on Örebro on the way from skåne to hedemora, looked nice though, got a mate from there who supports ' forward' :-)

Yeah, we still got a plastic pitch. After the season I think it is about to be removed in favour of an updated, more "grass-like" plastic pitch which is approved by UEFA for international games. The club BK Forward is a great provider of young players and they are often among the top teams in the youth rankings. Sadly enough there is a great rivalry between Örebro and Forward, and it is not often their players choose to play for Örebro. Therefore at the moment there are at least 4-5 players from there who plays top division football in other clubs than their hometown´s biggest...