PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Pages : [1] 2

JonnyLove
09-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Due out tonight / tomorrow.

Nice destraction from FM10 for a while. (I can see my other half leaving me at this rate).

So anyone getting this at midnight and also anyone know where the cheapest place to pruchase it will be. (Heres hoping the big supermarkets have a price war on this like FIFA)

sfcjmcsfc16
09-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Got it late Friday!

Love the airport mision and spraying all the hostages !!

Also love afghan and derail online my favourite online maps

worth the money!

Also got a few out of maps online up my sleeve! haha!

Let me know if you guys want to play sometime.

JonnyLove
09-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Got it late Friday!

Love the airport mision and spraying all the hostages !!

Also love afghan and derail online my favourite online maps

worth the money!

Also got a few out of maps online up my sleeve! haha!

Let me know if you guys want to play sometime.

Friday :gib:

I new I should of pre-ordered

Barfy
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping Amazon will deliver tomorrow, as I've booked the day off to get acqauinted with it!

EDIT: Just had confirmation from Amazon that it's been despatched :D

sfcjmcsfc16
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Friday :gib:

I new I should of pre-ordered

Got 2 , one to flog on!

anyone interested in one? £40 sealed

Saints foreva
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Sainsburys are selling this for £26 tomorrow.

I'm pretty annoyed as my pre-order from play.com has been packing for 5 days now. I was guaranteed that I would have it by the end of Tuesday. But like I've said -Its still packing, whilst all my mates have had theirs despatched.

I can't even cancel my order.

JonnyLove
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Sainsburys are selling this for £26 tomorrow.

I'm pretty annoyed as my pre-order from play.com has been packing for 5 days now. I was guaranteed that I would have it by the end of Tuesday. But like I've said -Its still packing, whilst all my mates have had theirs despatched.

I can't even cancel my order.

Can anyone else confirm that sainsburys are doing this? (Or any others link to sause would be good)

P.S. As long as Play have not dispatched the product you have a legal right to cancel. Go hit them with a big stick.

Barfy
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I might pop along to Sainsburys first thing tomorrow as well! I don't want to waste my day off tomorrow or anything ;)

Saints foreva
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Nope, the cancel button isn't there like it is - You can't cancel an order while it is packing.

P.S:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6576/dscf0808i.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/mna604/mw2i.jpg

Saint
09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
So excited about it. Hopefully it will come tomorrow, gameplay.com have a deal with a courier service so any postal strikes won't affect it.
It's going to be amazing, i'll be jumping straight into multiplayer.

gaz
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/nov/09/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-price-war

thesaint sfc
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I got my copy on Saturday. Its so annoying :(

When you go to install it and enter the product key it says the product key is wrong. Then when you click on 'more help' it says the product key wont be accepted until the release date - 10th November.

thesaint sfc
09-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I bought mine here:

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58074-modern-warfare-2-(call-of-duty)--for-pc

£24.99 :D

DJ INK
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Getting mine tonight from Blockbusters, they have some games night on tonight that I foolishly signed up too! Cant wait to play it tho, love Modern Warfare and this looks pretty good!

JonnyLove
09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Makro have it for £20 inc VAT tomorrow only.

Saint
09-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Just got mine in the post. Gonna fire it up in a bit.

Rocker268
09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I ordered it off amazon a few months ago for £40

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8342589.stm

I can't stand people who blame these games on real life violence, I have played them since the first CoD came out and GTA since Vice City and have never once had the urge to recreate what I have played. They create an escape from reality and are a great stress buster.

mine arrived Saturday morning, but I won't be able to play until this weekend when I am home for a few days, but I have been looking forward to this for ages! the customisable multiplayer looks like it could add a new range to the game and be great for variability

Gordon Mockles
10-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Got my copy after a ridiculous queue in Asda! Why? Good game, don't get me wrong, but why did I chose to queue with a bizarre bunch of male adolescents that seriously look like they need to get laid (rather than stroking one off to the pixelated images of Lara Croft?!) for almost an hour on a school night?! Furthermore, trying the game out in single & multiplayer was never going to be a 5 min browse so 3hrs sleep, then a full day of (now even harder) work. I'm my own worst enemy at times! Still, saved myself a few quid from the full price. Now...sleep! zzzzzz

Draino76
10-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Getting it Friday, but WTF a 6 hour campaign mode?

JonnyLove
10-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Got it today for £26 from Sainsburys. And My mate who is a Makro card holder got it for £20 (Only 1 copy per card very anoyed about that one). So in todays high street price war is it worth pre-ordering and paying full price? when recentlyit seems the supermarkets are willing to slash prices to get the customers. (Fifa was £25 in Tesco on day of release for example).

Deanovski
10-11-2009, 09:28 AM
paid 38 from tescos and i have to wait till tonight for it (my dads friend got me it) and now im ****ed cos i couldve got it fofr 34 and now =[

Ponty
10-11-2009, 12:33 PM
It's £25.99 in Morrisons.

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Got mine in ASDA, £32. sold out in Sainsbury H/End and Eastleigh

Mark
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I got mine from ASDA in town.

Just played the first 2 missions on veteran and found it a bit easy. :-/

Thorpe-le-Saint
10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I'll be going to Sainsbury's/Tescos and Asda this evening, don't really care what it costs to be honest. Heres hoping they have some left...

Barfy
10-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Amazon delivered about 11 this morning, and I've Just decided to take my first break :D

That mission in the airport is really going to upset Daily Mail readers when they see their kids playing it!

I've only been playing on regular, and have found it a bit tough going at times, and certainly a lot harder than CoD4 on the same level.

Ah well, a bit of food, cup of tea and back to mindless killing for me :cool:

Marsdinho
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
It has been a while since I had played COD MW, so I didnt have my eye in when I started playing it at 1am this morning....

The first level training mission suggested I played the game at "Regular" level. I normally play at Veteran and thought that, where I hadnt played it for a while, my aiming was a bit ****e..so I ignored its advice and opted for veteran instead.

I was given plenty of opportunity to back out of my decision "are you REALLY sure you want to play on veteran....."

"Oh good" I thought, "this is going to be one hardas**** game"

Little bit dissapointed at how easy it is.....

Id be interested to hear form anyone that hasnt played COD before, to see what they think fo veteran level, and how it compares to other 1st person shooter games...

Danny
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Bought it from Sainsbury's this morning and started playing about 11am. Havne't tried it online yet, but I ploughing through the campaignn on regular. Think I'll try it on veteran before too long.

So far, so good though.

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 02:09 PM
It has been a while since I had played COD MW, so I didnt have my eye in when I started playing it at 1am this morning....

The first level training mission suggested I played the game at "Regular" level. I normally play at Veteran and thought that, where I hadnt played it for a while, my aiming was a bit ****e..so I ignored its advice and opted for veteran instead.

I was given plenty of opportunity to back out of my decision "are you REALLY sure you want to play on veteran....."

"Oh good" I thought, "this is going to be one hardas**** game"

Little bit dissapointed at how easy it is.....

Id be interested to hear form anyone that hasnt played COD before, to see what they think fo veteran level, and how it compares to other 1st person shooter games...

Your too cool

Marsdinho
10-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Your too cool

for school ?

warsash saint
10-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Sent the missus down to Macro at lunchtime only for some spotty geek in front of her to buy the last one :smt062

JonnyLove
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Sent the missus down to Macro at lunchtime only for some spotty geek in front of her to buy the last one :smt062

Well that will learn you to not get off your lazy arse and join the rest of us who got up really early to get it when they opened. No disapointment and saved £20 (which will go nicley on beer)

Barfy
10-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Am I really that crap at fps games that I'm finding regular a challenge :confused:

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Am I really that crap at fps games that I'm finding regular a challenge :confused:

I will too im sure, i struggled on Medium on MW

And im in Uncharted mode still

Danny
10-11-2009, 03:00 PM

I've been playing COD:WaW on veteran of late and that has been a real challenge for me. If it wasn't for that, I think I'd probably be struggling on regular on MW2. As it is, I'm 'getting through' but I'm by no means tearing it up.

View From The Top
10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Has anyone had a go online yet?

Mines in my bag but I won't get home until 9ish tonight to try it out.

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
just gonna leave work to tear it up...then realised i'm heading round to do a broadband install at 5:30 tonight. Goddamit

Marsdinho
10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I doubt if anyone is "tearing it up" to be fair....

Its certainly not easy, but veteran is not as hard as I thought it would be.

Multi player IS hard, played it last night (within an hour of it going on sale) and there were people on the with an XP of 22 already !!!

One level: Kills 0 / Deaths 15

Saint
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Multiplayer isn't too hard. Feels about the same standard as COD4. Went negative by a few in my first game, mainly down to not knowing the map. Get to know them pretty quickly though.

Barfy
10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
just completed! flippin' awesome! The story line is excellent, gameplay is great, graphics (even non-HD) are fantastic.

anyone disappointed in the game on any difficulty level has got too high sandards!! imo of course ;)

Will be playing online tonight, if anyone fancies it?

Colinjb
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
just completed! flippin' awesome! The story line is excellent, gameplay is great, graphics (even non-HD) are fantastic.

anyone disappointed in the game on any difficulty level has got too high sandards!! imo of course ;)

You've already finished it!? What the hell!?

Thedelldays
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
i think he may be a 'nerd'

sfcjmcsfc16
10-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Barfy psn?

gaz
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM

Or the 6 hour single player means you can plough through it in one sitting?

stanstubbs
10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
anyone wanna play now and then on 360 multiplayer can add me stan72 gamertag prefer to play with saints fans and brits fed up of mouthy yanks

Um Bongo
10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Just finished it as well. Quite short. Now to try it online.

Barfy
10-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Yep :D

just re-started on harder level as something to do before dinner!

psn for those interested - Barfy74. Should be online for a few hourse tonight!

Barfy
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Just finished it as well. Quite short. Now to try it online.

quite short, but good ending....

Danny
10-11-2009, 05:48 PM

Me too. Great ending. Leaves plenty of room for MW3 too.

Will hopefully give a decent crack on the multi[layer over the next few days. Looking forward to trying out the Spec Ops missions too, provided the missus doesn't want to watch too much TV!

Johnny Shearer
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I've bought into the hype as I've never played it before but got it from Sainsburys on the way to work but wont play it till after my exam in two weeks time.

Will let experts know if I find it hard or not.

St David
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I thought the bit where you kill the general public at the airport was a bit mad!

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
at last i slide the disk into the slot....and away i go

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
system update. Arse

Deanovski
10-11-2009, 07:52 PM
shooting every one was not very shocking.
Im pretty good online first game 9 kills 12 deaths, and id only done alittle of the story mode but found it really hard on veteran.

RedAndWhite91
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I thought the bit where you kill the general public at the airport was a bit mad!

Same... Watched my brother do that bit, thought it was very unsporting!

Deanovski
10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
i feel dirty for getting to into that bit

Barfy
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Me too. Great ending. Leaves plenty of room for MW3 too.

Will hopefully give a decent crack on the multi[layer over the next few days. Looking forward to trying out the Spec Ops missions too, provided the missus doesn't want to watch too much TV!

I was going to start another thread about the plot! I thought there were some... interesting things in it :D

Had to give up tonight, started getting the urge to charge around the streets shooting anything that moved! That and after nearly 10 hours straight palying it, I think my eyes are starting to suffer!

RedAndWhite91
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Just had my first go online, and first ever go on the game, 18 kills and 19 deaths. Really impressed with it.

Barfy
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I think the airport bit's great. It's about time you get to wreak uncontrolled violence on innocent people! Then go round and 'mop up' anything still crawling :D How long before the uproar over that scene starts though?

Still, good to hear 'Soap' at last!

View From The Top
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
system update. Arse

Just what I've said!

View From The Top
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Now that is damn hard online!

Rocker268
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I think the airport bit's great. It's about time you get to wreak uncontrolled violence on innocent people! Then go round and 'mop up' anything still crawling :D How long before the uproar over that scene starts though?

Still, good to hear 'Soap' at last!

There is tons of uproar about it already, see my earlier post, it has been brought up in parliament, I saw a video of it earlier, as I haven't been able to play and wanted to see what the fuss was about, it looks worse than i was expecting but not as bad as some people are portraying it.

saint_stevo
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
the airport bit isnt too bad at all. I aimed for knee's. Pretty good online as well, like the 'revenge points' for killing the matey that's just killed you

Got a bit of a headache now though......

thesaint sfc
10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Amazing game. I started on Veteran and its really not that hard. Disappointing to hear some people are completing it already. I decided to give it a rest tonight before I did the same.

Tac-tics
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Confused, who just invaded America?

Gordon Mockles
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Has anyone had a go online yet?

Mines in my bag but I won't get home until 9ish tonight to try it out.

Played multiplayer tonight & I have come to realise, 8hrs engineering & concentration, being in my 30s & having spent 16+ pretty heavily drinking...well, it doesn't prep you well. I used to be better on COD 4/5 but my reactions are numbed after staring at a screen & concentrating all day (may be age too!) & struggling to keep a positive kill ratio.

Had 7 kills, 9 deaths. Some in positive but finished tonight 1/2/3 kills 13/14 deaths so giving up tonight. P*ssing me off now. Can't shoot anyone without getting instantly caned by the nearest nerd without a pickled brain (or social life!)

I'm too old for this sh*t! My ratios aren't what they were...definitely age!! Last Modern Warfare I kicked arse. Now, feel hopeless! :0(

Barfy
11-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Amazing game. I started on Veteran and its really not that hard. Disappointing to hear some people are completing it already. I decided to give it a rest tonight before I did the same.

I took the day of to make sure it arrived safely (CoD WAW got destroyed by my dogs when it was delivered!), and to get acquainted with it. Just so happens I couldn't put it down, and ended up (after a good few hours) that I completed it!

I still find it amazing that people are finding veteran easy/not too hard. I re-started on the level below veteran last night, and I was really struggling at times even in the second half of the airport mission, and as for the favela... took me ages to get through that! So what's the secret? how do you make veteran seem easy?

Tac-tics
11-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Did Russia just invade U.S.A?

I love this game

Thorpe-le-Saint
11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I shouldn't have read this thread lol - I've only had time to complete the first mission, will hopefully get through a bit mor tonight depending on the amaount of work I have to take home.

Barfy
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I shouldn't have read this thread lol - I've only had time to complete the first mission, will hopefully get through a bit mor tonight depending on the amaount of work I have to take home.

Might be time to add a spoiler warning to the title! I think there's a great plot line and a couple of nice twists in this, but don't want to ruin it for people!

thesaint sfc
11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Did Russia just invade U.S.A?

I love this game

Yes, I was a little bit speechless when I saw that! When the tank drove up the road just blowing up American homes with their flags out in the front garden! Incredible.

The best mission for me so far was the one at the airport. Incredible. The snow level where he slides down and grabs you just as you're about to fall off the cliff is amazing too!

Shame there weren't a few dead civvys in the mission where Russia invaded America. People are winging that the game is too blood thirsty - I'd still like to see a little bit more. It is war after all! I don't know that the story line is as realistic as the first one. I mean, just by finding an American who had shot up an airport in Moscow I don't think the russians would hit America with everything its got. I've heard no mention of nuclear weapons yet either. Maybe that is yet to come!

Deanovski
11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
totaly didnt get much of the story

Barfy
11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
totaly didnt get much of the story

did you watch the bits between missions?

Deanovski
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
yus i dont get why shepherd was doing what he was doing

Barfy
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
yus i dont get why shepherd was doing what he was doing

There's no way I can say anything without ruining the plot for others, but it is explained.

Deanovski
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
PM me

St Will
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
If I'm sh1te at shooting people on GTA 4, am I going to be terrible at this game? If so, I won't buy it.

Deanovski
11-11-2009, 02:07 PM
i wasnt a fan of the first that much but i really enjoy this idget it (Y)

Barfy
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
If I'm sh1te at shooting people on GTA 4, am I going to be terrible at this game? If so, I won't buy it.

Nah, it's much easier to kill people on this than GTA!

St Will
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Nah, it's much easier to kill people on this than GTA!

OK, if I get killed really easily on GTA will I get killed easily on COD?

Deanovski
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
hard to compare really

St Will
11-11-2009, 02:32 PM
hard to compare really

If I play online on GTA on a deathmatch or something, I usually get shot all the time and only manage to wound other people, I'm not very good at finding cover :-P I just don't want to get COD and get bored cuz I die all the time that's all.

Clapham Saint
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
If I play online on GTA on a deathmatch or something, I usually get shot all the time and only manage to wound other people, I'm not very good at finding cover :-P I just don't want to get COD and get bored cuz I die all the time that's all.

If you're on PS3 or X-box you could rent it for a weekend prior to buying...

Barfy
11-11-2009, 02:45 PM

If you die, just get back up and keep going :D I was like that with CoD4 which was the first game I played online. I got my arse handed to me on a plate for ages. Then again with Killzone 2, and I imagine the same will happen with Modern Warfare 2.

But once you get to know the online maps, weapons etc you'll be fine. I'd also suggest playing mercenary team deathmatch at first because at least half the people in the game are on yor side!

Danny
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
OK, if I get killed really easily on GTA will I get killed easily on COD?

Well, they're completely different types of games, so it's hard to draw a direct comparison between the two, really.

St Will
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
If you're on PS3 or X-box you could rent it for a weekend prior to buying...

Now there's a good idea :-)

Barfy
13-11-2009, 06:16 AM
I finally had a quick go online last night. The servers seemed nice and stable, which was nice after WaW! and I like some of the new bits like the copycat skill, easier last stand and the bonus points for revenge killing and stopping someone on a streak.

Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend to get acquainted with the online maps!

bristolsaint29
13-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I got mine for £19.50 courtesy of Sainsburys and a employee discount card

View From The Top
13-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I finally had a quick go online last night. The servers seemed nice and stable, which was nice after WaW! and I like some of the new bits like the copycat skill, easier last stand and the bonus points for revenge killing and stopping someone on a streak.

Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend to get acquainted with the online maps!

I had a quick hour online last night.

Thought the maps look excellent and the bonuses for long range kills, revenge kills etc are a good idea.

Thought the EMP killstreak reward was awesome.

Barfy
13-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I had a quick hour online last night.

Thought the maps look excellent and the bonuses for long range kills, revenge kills etc are a good idea.

Thought the EMP killstreak reward was awesome.

I haven't really got to grips with the bonuses yet. It seemed quite random when I was playing. Though I got to my goal last night of hitting level 4 to create my own classes, that might start explaining things a bit better!

I think of the three levels I played last night, the airport was definitely favourite!

thesaint sfc
13-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Was disappointed with the ending tbh. in MW, I kept thinking it was going to end and more kept coming which was brilliant. With this one it ended without me expecting it. Fantastic last mission. I also didn't really understand why Shepard did what he did.

The greatest bit for me was seeing 'an old friend' again :D I actually fell in love with him in the first one.

Still miss Gaz though. I must have completed the first one about 15 times on veteran. Never played it online! I'll have to give online a go on this one. I try to avoid it though as I know I'll get addicted and will have to quit my job.

Draino76
13-11-2009, 10:15 PM
YEAAAAHHHHH the COD games ROXXORZ my household BOXORRZ! 2 years ago I was shooting my girlfriends Estonians compadres as they sleep in a ship; now this time I mow down some civilians in a Moscow airport.

She experienced both with me firsthand. Utterly brilliant.

Barfy
14-11-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm not sure if I imagined it last night or not, but in one of the three updates so far, have they added in an extra bit between a couple of the later missions which clarifies a lot of the plot with Shepherd? I don't recall it from the first time round :confused:

thesaint sfc
14-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure if I imagined it last night or not, but in one of the three updates so far, have they added in an extra bit between a couple of the later missions which clarifies a lot of the plot with Shepherd? I don't recall it from the first time round :confused:

GOD DAMN YOU

You know I'm going to go home and complete it again now to see said extra bits.

You have ruined my weekend :(

bridge too far
14-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Mr TF played it last night through our new HD TV.

I HATE warfare games but I admit it looked good (for what it was).

Bloody noisy though :(

Barfy
14-11-2009, 01:29 PM
GOD DAMN YOU

You know I'm going to go home and complete it again now to see said extra bits.

You have ruined my weekend :(

I'm still not sure it's new, but I don't remember it from the first time round. I think it was the cutscene before the submarine mission, it's just some extra vocals. It could just be that having completed it once, that bit is more noticeable in the context of the game :confused:

As for the online stuff, I'm definitely not going to get bored of that in a hurry!

gaz
15-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Who pressed the button in the museum? ;)

JonnyLove
15-11-2009, 08:33 PM

me. But easy to resolve kill them all first then press it :)

jawillwill
15-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Just out of interest is there much plot to the game? I've only recently bought my ps3 and haven't really ever played (well no more than 10 mins) of CoD before, but am tempted to get the new one to see what all the fuss is about. Will I understand whats going on if I just buy the latest one?

Barfy
16-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Just out of interest is there much plot to the game? I've only recently bought my ps3 and haven't really ever played (well no more than 10 mins) of CoD before, but am tempted to get the new one to see what all the fuss is about. Will I understand whats going on if I just buy the latest one?

I actually think it's got a really good plot, but then some might call me a bit simple :D To be honest, it's probably not far off being good enough for an over budget Hollywood "blockbuster".

There are some things that have carried forward from the original Modern Warfare, but it wouldn't spoil MW2 not knowing what happened in the first one (of course I'm sure someone could provide you with a brief synopsis!).

And you certainly don't need to know anything about the first one to play online!

Barfy
16-11-2009, 08:50 AM

What button?

thesaint sfc
16-11-2009, 09:03 AM

IMO it would be a real waste of an incredible experience if you played MW2 before completeting the first one.

jawillwill
16-11-2009, 10:37 AM
IMO it would be a real waste of an incredible experience if you played MW2 before completeting the first one.

What is "the first one"? CoD4: Modern Warfare?

Tac-tics
16-11-2009, 11:53 AM
What is "the first one"? CoD4: Modern Warfare?

Christ, did you get a phd with that knowledge?;)

Yes it is jawilly

sfcjmcsfc16
16-11-2009, 12:03 PM
anyone on ps3? add me jamesc16 cheers guys

saint_stevo
16-11-2009, 12:58 PM
im ps3 but will not be adding you.

Thanks

sain_stevo (psn, and yes, it was meant to be saint)

Danny
16-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Mental kid has breakdown on camera - because he doesn't like COD: MW2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMCJDFzF0g&feature=player_embedded
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMCJDFzF0g&feature=player_embedded)

Deanovski
16-11-2009, 02:36 PM
wtf...

thesaint sfc
16-11-2009, 03:33 PM
im ps3 but will not be adding you.

Thanks

sain_stevo (psn, and yes, it was meant to be saint)

You got merked.

Barfy
16-11-2009, 03:41 PM

Sorry, do I understnad that properly? he's in tears and punching the wall etc because he can't get into the game?

thesaint sfc
16-11-2009, 03:46 PM

should have had an abortion.

Danny
16-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Sorry, do I understnad that properly? he's in tears and punching the wall etc because he can't get into the game?

AFAICT, he's in tears and punching the wall because after 17 hours straight, he has decided it's shíte.

I love the bit when he screams in pain after punching the wall. Made me laugh, which perhaps it shouldn't do.

Deanovski
16-11-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J9BlFeJZo

Draino76
16-11-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J9BlFeJZo

Yeah its a mixture of the lounge and licking batteries that gets me thru Mondays. It's me.

(-20yrs)

Mmm Donuts
17-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Are there any dads out there that are going to put their own tantrums on youtube? all brought about because their teenage sons are better at games than they are? :smt074

Barfy
17-11-2009, 08:58 AM
AFAICT, he's in tears and punching the wall because after 17 hours straight, he has decided it's shíte.

I love the bit when he screams in pain after punching the wall. Made me laugh, which perhaps it shouldn't do.

I turned it off about half way through, something about whingeing teenagers that make me want to put my fist through the screen!

So back to the game, how is everyone getting on online?

DJ INK
17-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Just got promoted to level 17. Trying to get all the attachments and challenges done on one weapon first before using any of the others. The maps take some getting used too but I have found this easier than the first Modern Warfare online.

Marsdinho
17-11-2009, 10:05 AM
What is everyone's completion time in single player campaign mode then.....

Veteran: 10 hours 10 sec

saint_stevo
17-11-2009, 02:09 PM
The one below Veteran: 7hrsish

Block 5
17-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I am online fodder.

saint_stevo
17-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I am online fodder.

me 2. we should play. Pwn'd

View From The Top
17-11-2009, 06:51 PM

Up to L22.

Attempting to complete all the unlocks etc with the M4 and a shotgun as secondary before using other guns.

It's taken me ages to get used to compared to MW1 and I'm finding it much harder to spot targets.

I've gone from being fodder to middling.

RedAndWhite91
17-11-2009, 07:00 PM
My 13 year old brother is a hell of a lot better than me on it, he is level 33 now. It's sickening, but fair play to him he is pretty good online. Our PSN is overkill15 if anyone fancies a game.

View From The Top
17-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Oooooooo. The heartbeat locator is 'kin ace!

Combined with the silencer when you have the bling perk.

Deanovski
18-11-2009, 12:20 AM
i got to level 22 in a few days and i really didnt over play ..

Saint
18-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Never been too good at the campaign, am stuck quite early on the Favela level on Hardened difficulty. Can complete Halo on Legendary but not COD on Veteran, so frustrating. Most of my time goes to multiplayer though, which is great. Love the FAMAS.

TheCholulaKid
18-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I turned it off about half way through, something about whingeing teenagers that make me want to put my fist through the screen!

Got a kill ratio of 0.87 as I type. Much better than for COD4. Lot less opportunities for camping on these maps which can only be a good thing.

IMO, the only reason for this game is to play online. The campaign is too short and the storyline utterly ridiculous. The multiplayer is, quite frankly, outstanding.

saint_stevo
18-11-2009, 06:17 PM
realised that i need to sit closer to my tv and its much easier online, too dark from where i was playing!

my excuse anyway..

View From The Top
18-11-2009, 06:19 PM
The multiplayer is, quite frankly, outstanding.

Mine is just shy of 0.5 which is way less than MW1.

I'm still playing with the variations of attachments but the online game will give me years of fun.

Barfy
19-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Got up to lvl 28 last night, and am loving every bit of it. Though I have only really played mercenary team deathmatch!

There isn't as much chance to camp on most of these maps then again I never enjoyed being a sniper! There does seem to be a lot more places for a team to dig in and defend though, or for a single player to use cover more effectively than CoD4 or WaW.

I like the fact that yuo can choose your killstreak options, and the fact that you can steal someone else's care package I got two attack helicopters last night from the other team's care packages :D

Deanovski
19-11-2009, 11:53 AM
i got a stealth bomber and some one stole it =[[[

thesaint sfc
19-11-2009, 03:16 PM
i got a stealth bomber and some one stole it =[[[

I used to be god of Delta Force back in the days :( (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Force_(video_game))

I'm crap online at modern warfare 2! Managed to complete veteran only dying a few times so I must react better to computer reflexes than human. I can imagine it gets a bit addictive though. I'm glad I bought it for PC and not the xbox. :smt040

thesaint sfc
19-11-2009, 03:19 PM
http://www.file-extensions.org/imgs/app-picture/2959/delta-force-land-warrior.jpg

LOL

Marsdinho
21-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I dont understand...

I managed to complete the campaign mode on veteran, but in multi player im having my ar5s handed to me on a plate. Im getting mullered left right and center.

Deanovski
21-11-2009, 08:10 PM
im so good online i usualy come in top 5

Draino76
21-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Only half way thru on campaign. Going online for an hour now. I just want 1 kill lmao.

Deanovski
22-11-2009, 12:17 AM
really dont get why people find this so hard online..

Barfy
22-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I dont understand...

I managed to complete the campaign mode on veteran, but in multi player im having my ar5s handed to me on a plate. Im getting mullered left right and center.

I think I'm the opposite! I can't get anywhere on veteran and struggled a bit on the one below, but feel I'm probably just above average online and can just about hold my own!

Draino76
22-11-2009, 09:50 PM
OK finished. 50% exciting and 50% felt like a chore. God I'm spoilt but hey.

mikey_boosh
23-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Love this game! Awesome online and although the story is a bit far fetched, the campaign is great too. I especially like the new 'breach' feature.

One problem though. Is anyone else having problems with corrupt saves? Doesn't happen on any of my other games and it seems to only happen to my offline multiplayer profiles.

gaz
23-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I hate how online, everyone just seems to head upstairs in every building. Mainly on Quarry and Favela, but it happens on most maps.

Danny
24-11-2009, 07:44 AM
I hate how online, everyone just seems to head upstairs in every building. Mainly on Quarry and Favela, but it happens on most maps.

I love the Wasteland map (mainly as you can't do that) but everyone seems to skip it.

Barfy
24-11-2009, 08:25 AM
People may all run upstairs at the start, but it's much harder to stay hidden in MW2 online and if you have the fmj 'attachment' shooting through the cover is even easier. Most of the buildings have at least 2 ways in so anyone camping is still reasonably easy prey.

I do like wasteland, especially in team deathmatch, though if the other team gets a harrier, or attack helicopter, they can run away with the match! I also really like favela, especially with the heartbeat sensor, or akimbo P90s :D

I've really struggled on sub-base and quarry so far and without those I probably would have a kill/death ratio of 1!

View From The Top
24-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I do like wasteland, especially in team deathmatch, though if the other team gets a harrier, or attack helicopter, they can run away with the match! I also really like favela, especially with the heartbeat sensor, or akimbo P90s :D

I used the P90 a lot in MW1.

Is it as effective in MW2?

Bentley
24-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Playing on the PC version on Steam and the Single-Player has a glitch... >:(

Whenever you aim down the iron-sights, the screen turns about 80% blinding white in colour. So it's pretty much impossible to progress, as shooting from the hip is quite hard, especially as this happened on the mission where you have to precisely shoot someone in the leg running away from you...

Multiplayers fine though, and very, very fun. Just unlocked heartbeat sensor for the M4, so going to go online and see how that works!

Barfy
25-11-2009, 05:53 AM
I used the P90 a lot in MW1.

Is it as effective in MW2?

Yeah, the P90 is good, though it's range isn't as good as the assault rifles, so I don't use it as much as MW1. Plus the grenade launcher attachment isn't available for it so I prefer using assault rifles at the moment (SCAR & FAL).

I know there were rumours about a sacked employee of infinity ward writing a load of cheat scripts for the multiplayer part of the game. Was that just a load of b*ll*x? I was playing last night and one guy got 43 kills and only died 4 times, and there have been a couple of others who just seem ridiculously hard to kill, are these cheats real, or are these people just to be worshipped?

View From The Top
25-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the P90 is good, though it's range isn't as good as the assault rifles, so I don't use it as much as MW1. Plus the grenade launcher attachment isn't available for it so I prefer using assault rifles at the moment (SCAR & FAL).

I know there were rumours about a sacked employee of infinity ward writing a load of cheat scripts for the multiplayer part of the game. Was that just a load of b*ll*x? I was playing last night and one guy got 43 kills and only died 4 times, and there have been a couple of others who just seem ridiculously hard to kill, are these cheats real, or are these people just to be worshipped?

I'm sticking with the M4 at the moment with deep impact pro, bling pro and scrambler pro.

Tempted to go cold blooded and when I'm maxed out the bonuses with the M4 switch to SCAR.

I've played a new times in Domination when some people are getting score like the ones you've mentioned, I just put it down to experience as they are clearly total geeks! I'm only at 29 at the mo'.

Marsdinho
25-11-2009, 09:30 AM
A friend of mine has won 123 Free-for-all's in a row...!!!!!!!!

His kills / deaths is always something like 30-40 Kills / 1-5 deaths.

But then he doesnt work and plays MW2 all day every day.

OldNick
26-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Ive got it on Wii and dont understand a thing you geeks are going on about!! Im a greenhorn and so just keep the same gun and shoot at anything that moves.I did rescue the female copter pilot but didn't get a bj...is there a different setting for that

Barfy
26-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Ive got it on Wii and dont understand a thing you geeks are going on about!! Im a greenhorn and so just keep the same gun and shoot at anything that moves.I did rescue the female copter pilot but didn't get a bj...is there a different setting for that

:smt044 I think you might be a whole modern warfare behind :D though she does seem to be a bit ungrateful, even a quick flash might have been in order ;)

OldNick
26-11-2009, 02:25 PM
:smt044 I think you might be a whole modern warfare behind :D though she does seem to be a bit ungrateful, even a quick flash might have been in order ;)i only got a quick look at her and she looked up for it, especially as Im sure she felt me up as i carried her to safety

St Marco
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Well finally got around to finishing the game. Not had much time to play games recently :(

Am i the only one who is a bit dissapointed in it? The first one is one of my all time favs but this one just seems a bit hollow. Like they made it for the sake of making it rather then because they had a good story etc. Don't get me wrong there are some great bits in it like the airport level and the ski one. But other then that it just feels very boring. Like your doing the same thing over and over. The story is so silly you would expect it in some 1980's Dolph Lundgren film!
One of the things that ****ed me off the most was the whole "oh no i have fallen over, please help me up" thing. They have done that to death.

Maybe im being a little harsh. I expect Battlefield 3 will blow this game out of the water.

Thankfully only paid £26 at Sainsbury's for it, and will get £30 from Cex for it, so a bit of a profit :)

Amesbury Saint
08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
was wondering what multiplayer levels you lot all are?
I'm level 63 and have a kdr of 1.48. how about you?

I think WaW's multiplayer was better than MW2's is. MW2 is too unbalanced and the slowness of the matchmaking is very frustrating

saint_stevo
11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
the maps on MW2 are better IMO. Hate a few though, such as Estate. Does my head in.

Im a measley level 24

Barfy
14-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I think I'm at about level 63 now with a kill to death ratio of about 1.

As far as the levels go, I've no real favourites though Favela, Rust, sub-base and Market seem to suit my style more (i.e. charge around like a lunatic!!) than Afghan or Estate where I seem to be little more than cannon fodder.

I finally saw someone use a tactical nuke on saturday, a 25 kill streak was impressive, but what a way to win the game!!! and the following game I managed to get my first 9 kill streak to earn a pavelow without the use of a care package :smt040

I much prefer MW2 to WaW, I had terrible problems with WaW recording my stats. MW2 seems to set matches up on the basis of ping times so seems a lot less laggy in game (although it can be slow to join a match), I also like the increased ability to customise weapon classes with perks having a 'pro-mode' too (Sleight of Hand pro is a must for me now). That said, I don't think MW2 is a patch on Killzone 2 online...

saint_stevo
14-12-2009, 02:02 PM
i seem to die...ALOT. maybe its my gung ho attitude but i seem to ge tin the mixer and get totally pwn'd

Barfy
14-12-2009, 02:43 PM
i seem to die...ALOT. maybe its my gung ho attitude but i seem to ge tin the mixer and get totally pwn'd

That's pretty much my approach, but I have managed to keep the ratio at around 1:1. The problem I have is that if I come face to face with another player I tend to be flat on my back before I've hit the trigger :( I've tried being stealthy, but I seem to stand out like a sore thumb to those with HD TVs...

OldNick
14-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I assume the version I have on Wii is ttally differnt to the Xbox one as ive now finished and there was no going on a snow mobile.

saint_stevo
14-12-2009, 03:04 PM
i also seem to stand out more, look at my self getting killed and can barely see myself. Lightening up the screen helped a bit.

View From The Top
14-12-2009, 05:07 PM

Same here.

I've gone from God like on MW1 to owned on MW2!

View From The Top
14-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm up to 40 but only at 0.60.

On the big maps I just get my arse handed to me. :(

Barfy
15-12-2009, 05:56 AM
I played for a couple of hours last night, and got pwned in every match :( my ratio has now dropped back below 1 :smt022 One match on highrise left me with an average life span of 15 seconds (17 deaths in total), though I did manage 5 kills in that time :(

I can only think this is because I'm messing around with my weapons & perks a bit too much to try and get maximum points.

saint_stevo
15-12-2009, 07:18 AM
i got destroyed on wasteland. That map doesnt come up too often it seems.

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 11:07 AM
What is everyone playing?

I tend to play domination, HQ or capture the flag.

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 11:12 AM
What perks are you using?

I've got Bling Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

I can't work out the best perks and weapon combinations as easily as I did on MW1.

Currently maxing out with the SCAR with RD/Silencer and Thumper or RD/Launcher and shotgun.

Killsteaks are Care Package, Predator and Harriers and Martyrdom as a deathstreak.

saint_stevo
15-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Moved on from SCAR to the P90 with ACOG and Rapid Fire. Meddled with the tar in between but hated the red dot sight on that bad boy.

I am Bling and Scavenger pro i think.....and Martyrdom and whatever the killstreaks require 1 less.

I have UAV, Care Package, Sentry and Predator

Danny
15-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I've put loads of effort into getting as many trophies as I can on the campaign and Spec Ops, and after a bit of a break I'm going back to online and repeatedly getting hammered.

This may take some time...

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Going to re-jig one with marathon, lightweight and ninja and another with bling, stopping power and ninja.

Barfy
15-12-2009, 12:51 PM
My default choice is the SCAR with grenade launcher attachment, sleight of hand pro, stopping power pro and commando pro (no falling damage ;) )

I have P90 with bling pro (fmj & rapid fire), lightweight (not pro yet) and scrambler pro.

P2000 (I think) with silencer, sleight of hand pro, cold blood (not pro yet) and commando pro.

then I have a couple I change depending on map. Usually another smg or lmg with either bling/sleight of hand pro. Maybe Hardline pro & Marathon pro on bigger maps, though most of my classes will now have commando pro just because escpaing/chasing is so much easier when you know you can fall from any height with no damage!

Secondary weapons are usually a shotgun or desert eagle, but I'll have one class with a rocket launcher for Harriers/helicopters etc. I don't tend to use sight/scopes too much and I am totally crap as a sniper so haven't even used those weapons yet!

This is probably why I am getting my arse handed to me on a plate so often because I spend too much time worrying about these :D

As for game types I pretty much just play mercenary team deathmatch.

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 01:07 PM
How far away can you knife people with commando?

Got the M16 unlocked now so may have a go with that.

I miss the MP5 from MW1. :(

Barfy
15-12-2009, 01:37 PM
You can knife someone from quite far away in MW2, I've certainly been knifed on a couple of occassions at a distance that seems beyond physically possible!!

I liked the M16 but it's not good if you run around like a lunatic though as the three round burst is no good for face to face, the single shot assault rifle (FAL???) is also good if you are a bit more careful in your approach as both are powerful and accurate.

What I am looking forward to unlocking is the final shotgun as secondary weapon. I've seen so many players charging around with these akimbo, and each time those players have been mvp in the match

thesaint sfc
15-12-2009, 01:37 PM
How far away can you knife people with commando?

Got the M16 unlocked now so may have a go with that.

I miss the MP5 from MW1. :(

Same here! I loved that gun!!

saint_stevo
15-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Akimbo Shotguns make me feel sick

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 02:41 PM

They make me dead, lots.

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I might try marathon, lightweight and ninja with the R/D P90

thesaint sfc
15-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I might try marathon, lightweight and ninja with the R/D P90

I don't know what you're talking about :D

Barfy
15-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Those last unlockable shotguns make me very dead alot too :( though only a few more levels and I get to play with them too :D they look really useful in rust!

Honestly use commando pro, jumping off the top floor of the tall building in Quarry on top of an enemy player and surviving is a larf! I'd also say that cold blooded is a better perk than ninja as you can't be seen on predator type strikes or those sentry guns...

View From The Top
15-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Just had a go and then binned the M16 but a combination of marathon, lightweight and commando resulted in my a + ratio in HQ Kharchi, mainly using the shotgun. It's 'kin ace for tight small maps as you just sprint up behind them and slice 'em up!

Barfy
17-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Lightweight pro seems to have transformed my fortunes somewhat. It allows quicker aiming after sprinting which, given my style of play, makes all the difference. My default set up is now:

SCAR with grenade launcher, sleight of hand pro, lightweight pro and commando pro

saint_stevo
17-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Wat no bling?

View From The Top
17-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Wat no bling?

I've got bling pro on only one set up now!

My style of play means speed is the essence!

I've gone back to the M4 after completing SCAR V as the magazine is to small on the SCAR.

Of course, when I unlock the ACR I'll just use that.

I also have akimbo ranger shotguns now, which are lethal. :D

Barfy
17-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Wat no bling?

nah, I don't use scopes etc just the grenade launcher attachment. The sleight of hand pro perk is so much more useful to me, especially as I have a tendancy to... waste the odd bullet :D

I'm toying with the idea of manning it up and going for the one man army set up, but I can see that going horribly wrong...

Barfy
22-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Woohoo prestige :D

View From The Top
22-12-2009, 07:37 PM
The ACR rocks my world!

Ratio has climbed from 0.6:1 to 4:1 and my top killstreak is now 17!

Iron sights, grenade launcher with the Thumper as secondary with marthaon pro, stopping power pro and commando pro.

Slight variations for different maps as well.

Barfy
22-12-2009, 08:38 PM
The AK47 at level 70 is bloody good, though if you plan to go prestige straight away you don't get to use it much :(

I'm still convinced sleight of hand pro is the most useful perk, closely followed by commando pro. I think I had those on nearly every set up, though if your ratio has changed that much I'll reconsider if it works as well for me :D

View From The Top
22-12-2009, 09:22 PM
The AK47 at level 70 is bloody good, though if you plan to go prestige straight away you don't get to use it much :(

I'm still convinced sleight of hand pro is the most useful perk, closely followed by commando pro. I think I had those on nearly every set up, though if your ratio has changed that much I'll reconsider if it works as well for me :D

I still get my arse handed to me on occasion but it's way better than before.

I started so poorly it's going to take a while to get back to + ratio territory but it's getting there.

It's such a slog to rank up compared to MW1 that I doubt I'll prestige.

stanstubbs
23-12-2009, 02:46 PM
level 42 at the mo marathon a must you can get to them b4 they have even got ready on derail and invasion and anyone who snipes ,scar is good and fast

Thedelldays
26-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Got it yesterday

awesome

stuck in the favelas mind

saint_stevo
26-12-2009, 09:37 AM
single or online tdd?

Arizona
26-12-2009, 05:17 PM
A mate got this on the 360 from Sainsbury's for £26. Anyone know if it's the same price on the PS3?

saint_stevo
26-12-2009, 05:21 PM
£44.99 when my mate went to get it couple of weeks ago

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/toys_and_games/gaming/playstation3/119087836_call_of_duty_modern_warfare_2_for_ps3_by _activision.html?hnav=4294962273

Was £26 for a while though

Thedelldays
26-12-2009, 05:29 PM
am online (ps3)

jamieSFC123

im proper **** though

saint_stevo
26-12-2009, 05:59 PM
join the club!

sain_stevo

Thedelldays
26-12-2009, 07:15 PM
join the club!

sain_stevo

requested

View From The Top
26-12-2009, 07:42 PM
am online (ps3)

jamieSFC123

im proper **** though

I'll add you as well.

You'll get a request from staffs_saints

Takes some getting used to. I've had to change the way I play totally.

Thedelldays
28-12-2009, 10:26 PM
think I have found a fault with my or the game

am on the level where you have to defend the tower next to the russian sub..you are able to call in AGM Missiles...I have killed everyone but just nothing happend..captain price won bloody move

Crab Lungs
28-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so ****ed off with shotgun ******s...

saint_stevo
28-12-2009, 11:06 PM
i am getting worse! my KDr is pants and i get pwnd :(

Thedelldays
29-12-2009, 12:36 AM
now completed it...great game..now doubt there will be a 3rd..

will test my online skills tomorrow..

View From The Top
29-12-2009, 08:40 AM
i am getting worse! my KDr is pants and i get pwnd :(

Mines gone up from .55 to .72 since I changed my perks and game play last week.

The amount of kills I get has gone down but my deaths have gone down 3 fold.

Get me added.

staffs_saints.

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 08:50 AM
you added me already!

Thedelldays
29-12-2009, 10:25 AM
am playing online...tried a team game and they all hated me ass I was crap..lol

SB
29-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Who is The saints SFC?

Barfy
29-12-2009, 11:35 AM
am playing online...tried a team game and they all hated me ass I was crap..lol

you should play mercenary team deathmatch, I find it better than most modes.

If anyone wants to add me it's Barfy74.

Draino76
29-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Overkill15 I owez u a headshot or 2.

Thedelldays
29-12-2009, 01:28 PM
i am still shyt

in a mercenary death match..I am lucky if I get 3 kills for my team..

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 01:33 PM
might come on shortly and pwn u tdd....:)

Thedelldays
29-12-2009, 01:37 PM
im off line at the mo.....let me know on here if you are going on and will go back on...I warn you..i am crud

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 01:57 PM
gonna be going on shortly....i warn you i am going to be trying out my new bluetooth headset....

View From The Top
29-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I tend to play HQ, capture the flag or domination.

I took me ages to get used to after MW1. I've had to change totally the way I play the games and it's taken ages to sort out weapons, perk etc.

View From The Top
29-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Up from .72 to .74 in a morning. :cool:

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 02:03 PM
TDD, you got 8 in your f4all game? Can't join ya

ignore that im in, Domination? Sicko!

Arizona
29-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Just got this on the PS3 (ended up paying £38 in the end) will join in as soon as I figure out how not to be sh*te.

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 02:19 PM
join in anyway....we suck

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 02:19 PM
domination is a bit rank TDD, go for Free-for-all i reckon?

Baj
29-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Ive got it on ps3 too, be good to get an ffa game going at a scheduled time between us

saintsforlife7
29-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Saints-4-life will be me if anybody wants to add

Um Bongo
29-12-2009, 05:53 PM
saintsforever99 is me, i'm also ****.

Arizona
29-12-2009, 06:09 PM
"Pahars" if anyone wants a bit of target practice.

View From The Top
29-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I've just had my arsed served up for the 1st time in ages. :(

Draino76
29-12-2009, 07:39 PM
draino76

I'm ****ter than most because I'm a drunk.

saint_stevo
29-12-2009, 09:03 PM
i think a tsf team deathmatch might not be a great idea if we alll suck....maybe ffa? Is there 8 of us?

Danny
29-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I'd be up for that - DanK_SFC

Thedelldays
29-12-2009, 09:23 PM
im in

Arizona
29-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Just warming up on a FFA. Death to kill ratio about 10:1 at the mo.:(

Arizona
29-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Ah, 7 kills in that one and only 15 deaths.

Draino76
30-12-2009, 08:20 AM
When do I get great guns? What level? The other guy always seems to come off best when we're shooting each other face to face.

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 08:32 AM
what is FFA

Draino76
30-12-2009, 08:41 AM
what is FFA

I initially thought people were miss-spelling FIFA but my hunch now is Free For All.

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I might have a bash

View From The Top
30-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Find a weapon that suits and stick to it.

I prefer assault and use the ACR but my oppo uses a blinged LMG and rocks with it but I find them a bit clumbersome.

Getting your perks sorted to match your game style is also vital.

Barfy
30-12-2009, 09:51 AM
i think a tsf team deathmatch might not be a great idea if we alll suck....maybe ffa? Is there 8 of us?

I'd be up for that too!

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I am getting better...got 13 kills in a free for all

not got many weapon to choose from still..which is a bugger

saint_stevo
30-12-2009, 10:21 AM
use scar or tar to start off imo

Mewsta
30-12-2009, 10:24 AM

I'd be up for this!

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 10:24 AM
dont like the one that give you a burst of 3 rounds...my aim is not that good

I cannot shoot from the hip what so ever

Barfy
30-12-2009, 11:06 AM
use scar or tar to start off imo

The SCAR is my "standard" weapon of choice from the moment it's unlocked. I've only found the AK47 to be a better all rounder, but that's not unlocked until level 70 :(

dont like the one that give you a burst of 3 rounds...my aim is not that good

I cannot shoot from the hip what so ever

The M16 is very good if you are more stealthy in your style, absolutely no use if you charge around like a lunatic :D

As VFTT says getting the perks to match your style is important. I've been messing around with mine, and I have become very sh1t again :rolleyes:

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I always have copycat as one of mine..seeing as I am at a low level, can get hold of some good weapons doing this...especially the ones with the heart sensor

Barfy
30-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I always have copycat as one of mine..seeing as I am at a low level, can get hold of some good weapons doing this...especially the ones with the heart sensor

When it opens for you the final stand death streak is good, as you can survive if you manage to crawl somewhere safe. The Painkiller deathstreak is also pretty good, especially if there's an enemy chopper or AC130 overhead.

My suggestions for other perks would be (obviously pro improves things but as standards they work well for me):

Perk 1 - Sleight of Hand

Perk 2 - Stopping Power or Cold Blooded

Perk 3 - Commando (the Pro ability to fall/jump any distance without injury is invaluable to me). Steady aim for LMG or SMG (and pro for Sniper).

Arizona
30-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Anyone up for a FFA at say 8pm?

Barfy
30-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I'll be there :D no headset at the moment though, I lost the charger!!!!

I'll probably be online anyway, so just send an invite if you see me there....

Draino76
30-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Anyone up for a FFA at say 8pm?

Yes.

Arizona
30-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm Actually online at the mo, but figured most people are probably still at work.

Barfy
30-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm Actually online at the mo, but figured most people are probably still at work.

Nah, I'm playing with my new mp3 player :D will be online in an hour or so tyhough if you want to send a friend request.

Arizona
30-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Done

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 02:32 PM
can we do it before the footy...say 7pm..?

Arizona
30-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds okay to me.

Thedelldays
30-12-2009, 02:50 PM
should make a sticky for these..so we can arrange them on a regularish basis

JustMike
30-12-2009, 04:10 PM
mike7510uk is mine if anyone wants shooting practice :-)

saint_stevo
30-12-2009, 04:57 PM
after the footy or work in my case? Rdvous at 22.00?