Best Number Plates you have seen out and about (Adverts don't count)

Nineteen Canteen

Having seen half of Saints Keiths number plate which has left us guessing what the other blanked out two numbers are before KG, I thought we could have a thread about the best number plates we have seen on the road. Tarbuck use to have COM IC and Daniels use to have MAG 1C which were quite good unlike their owners but I can't include them as I only ever saw them in newspapers or adverts etc.

A few months back a Porsche overtook me on the M3 with the number plate ADV150R which I guess would be considered quite cool for a city boy in Corporate Finance. Probably, the best I have seen as they don't tend to register with me other than a passing 'knob' comment about such a shameful waste of money and for what reason?

BTW I think the two missing digits on Keith's number plate are probably 69 - just a hunch.

Back along in the 70s when I was 'yoof' (before personalised plates became the thing), a bloke used to ride round Winchester with AAC1D on his motorbike which we all thought was cool.

Didn't realise that they start at 'just' £245! - yoinks!!

Edited by RonManager

My favourites are the really lame ones that have obviously been manipulated to death and still don't quite work. A particular favourite is on a localish Porsche Boxster and is made up from something like B01XTR, with the 1 being wafer thin. It still doesn't work then though. BOX573R would be a good effort but would still look sh*t, IMO.

When I registered my Dutch Viffer with the DVLA, they came up with a cracking numberplate. Every motorcyclist I come across, who notices the plate, and knows about VFR800s thinks its a personalised one, but it's just one allocated to me by the DVLA. If I eventually buy another similar Viffer, I might keep the plate.

Ive seen the same matey a few times in 2 different cars with the number plate

R1SKY

first he had it on a Ferrari 360, and now on some black Lamborghini, not sure what model. Cool though.

I am sure that I've seen that a couple of times recently too, both times going around the M27/Airport roundabout.

I quite like seeing anything with 'SFC' in it always assuming it to be driven by a fellow saints fan.

What's that coach company with personalised plates around here?

There is a woman (looks to be in her late 30's, early 40's) who drives a Mercedes SEC convertable that I've seen on the M27 between Park gate and Hedge End. Not seen her recently but her Number Plate is PUS 5Y.

I cannot be the only forum member on here that has seen her in that car with that number plate!

If you drive down through Earles Court past the tube station and join the Embankment at Chelsea heading towards Battersea Bridge there is a Townhouse facing you on the left, after a short distance.

There is usually two old Bentley's or Rolls Royces parked side by side facing the house with the number plates:

2 B NOT 2B

Haven't been up there for a while but a friend was in town last month and he mentioned then to me unaware I had seen them many times.

There is a woman (looks to be in her late 30's, early 40's) who drives a Mercedes SEC convertable that I've seen on the M27 between Park gate and Hedge End. Not seen her recently but her Number Plate is PUS 5Y.

I cannot be the only forum member on here that has seen her in that car with that number plate!

Did you have to pay to look? Hardly wife or girlfriend material I should think.

Did you have to pay to look? Hardly wife or girlfriend material I should think.

Well groomed, Business woman looking type (So possibly successful and single?). Fortunately, there was nothing on the car to suggest there was a charge for looking! :)

Used to see her in the car on several occasions on the way to work along the M27 in the mornings, I haven't seen the car for a little while now but I'm sure there are others on here who must have seen the car or may know who she is?

Well groomed, Business woman looking type (So possibly successful and single?). Fortunately, there was nothing on the car to suggest there was a charge for looking! :)

Used to see her in the car on several occasions on the way to work along the M27 in the mornings, I haven't seen the car for a little while now but I'm sure there are others on here who must have seen the car or may know who she is?

Probably Stiffler's Mum?

I have -- LGW which came with a car I bought. I decided to keep it as my missus is cabin crew and LGW happens to be the code sign for Gatwick.

I did consider F1 SFC which is up for £800, but this amount is small compared to the damage my car would get living in a PO postcode.

I don't see any harm in it myself and you can make money on them. A friend bought V10 GTB in light of Ferrari's piplelined V10 range of cars. He paid £250 two years ago and was recently offered £4000 for it.

Also saw HR 01 on a Ferrari California yesterday outside Chichester. I thought it might be a royal, but it turns out that it is the demonstrator for HR Owen.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Having seen half of Saints Keiths number plate which has left us guessing what the other blanked out two numbers are before KG, I thought we could have a thread about the best number plates we have seen on the road. Tarbuck use to have COM IC and Daniels use to have MAG 1C which were quite good unlike their owners but I can't include them as I only ever saw them in newspapers or adverts etc.

A few months back a Porsche overtook me on the M3 with the number plate ADV150R which I guess would be considered quite cool for a city boy in Corporate Finance. Probably, the best I have seen as they don't tend to register with me other than a passing 'knob' comment about such a shameful waste of money and for what reason?

BTW I think the two missing digits on Keith's number plate are probably 69 - just a hunch.

I saw, what I can guess would be a hideously expensive numberplate (something like 'J 7') on a 10 year old Rover 75. Why??

Best plate I've seen recently is on a bright yellow Ferarri round the corner from my London office. Black windows, reg 'SPY 500' - just makes me chuckle.

its my ex. shes got a fanny like fareham creek

I was behind a range rover yesterday, he was hogging the outside lane, and looked ****ed when he moved over and I sped past him, even though I didn't flash him or anything, but his number plate was S1100T, with a black screw thing between the to 11 so it looked like SHOOT. Thought he might be a footballer, but he didn't look like one.

Am I the only one who thinks personalised number plates are dubious and uncool, then?

"personalised" plates are now illegal as that term usually refers to plates that have had the font etc altered to help them 'read' better.

"vanity" plates like the ones being discussed here are not dubious.