Fiat Grande Punto

SaintKenny

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vinyl graphics on a car that is not competing in a race are fuhhhhucking ghey.

My Punto has raped me in repairs over the years. I've blown a head gasket, had to replace the clutch and the gearbox aside from other odds and sods. At present my speedo isn't working or the power steering.

I have grown a hasty disdain for Fiat over the years and unless i win the lottery will never be owning an Italian car ever again.

Mercifully i will be taking ownership of a VW Golf next week...thank f::ck...

The graphics arn't that bad! Makes it look a bit different from other Grande Puntos cause its the limited edition one.

The guy who designs Ferraris and Maseratis also designed this, and I agree that its a nice looking car, the front headlamps are the same as the older model Maserati coupe.

I like it. I'm particularly impressed by its ability to bounce on a trampoline.

As for the graphics, forget what Scudamore says, the right ones look fine. It's the Japanese street-style ones that look all wrong.

I will not be silenced by your censorship Ponty...i don't like it...

My Punto has raped me in repairs over the years. I've blown a head gasket, had to replace the clutch and the gearbox aside from other odds and sods. At present my speedo isn't working or the power steering.

I had exactly the same problems and a fair few more.

I sold it and got a Golf too, and it has never ever let me down.

I like it. I'm particularly impressed by its ability to bounce on a trampoline.

As for the graphics, forget what Scudamore says, the right ones look fine. It's the Japanese street-style ones that look all wrong.

Can graphics be removed without damaging the paintwork? I think they're laughable especially on 1.4l engine cars but I am sure that they would affect second hand sale price as potential buyers will think that the engine has been ragged by a deluded kid!

Can graphics be removed without damaging the paintwork? I think they're laughable especially on 1.4l engine cars but I am sure that they would affect second hand sale price as potential buyers will think that the engine has been ragged by a deluded kid!

Yes, with a hairdryer. If they've been on awhile they can show the dulled paint that's been exposed to the elements as opposed to the bright paint behind the graphics though.

They are ok. Fiats are expensive on parts thou.

Yep, this is true. I still have a Fiat Tipo which I'm getting back on the road next month. And while I know it will be a fun car to drive, exhibiting very good steering, handling and practibility, it will, once in a blue moon, let me down. In the time I have driven my Audi it has not missed a beat. But that's another story.

The Punto, like so many other recent Fiats, and one or two other cars, is based on the Tipo platform. So it starts from a very good base. Do make sure you obtain one that has been looked after as spares are indeed quite expensive. Fingers crossed though, you won't need them too often.

What we need is German, Swedish and French, to add Italian to their spares line up. Then we could all buy Fiats and not be too phased when the need for spares became apparent.

Interesting to see that Fiat is using the Grande Punto to reintroduce the Abarth brand, distinct from Fiat.

Isn't there a Fiat 500 Abarth though? Or is that an upcoming model? Also, there was a Stilo Abarth not so long ago. It's not like we've been waiting since the last Ford Cosworth.

I am a deluded kid though

Vinyl graphics on a car that is not competing in a race are fuhhhhucking ghey.

I have grown a hasty disdain for Fiat over the years and unless i win the lottery will never be owning an Italian car ever again.

Italian and French cars are for nobbers, not that you were seeking my validation but you have made the correct decision.