Formula One 2009 Wii

bungle

Its pretty good to be fair. I have quite a few driving games and prefer to use the nunchuk for steering rather than the Wii remote as the nunchuk is self centering. I saw a self centering steering wheel for the Wii remote today for just a few quid so might get one and try it out.

The issue I have with F1 2009 is that it will take you a minimum of about 45-60 mins for each race in a season.

Its pretty good to be fair. I have quite a few driving games and prefer to use the nunchuk for steering rather than the Wii remote as the nunchuk is self centering. I saw a self centering steering wheel for the Wii remote today for just a few quid so might get one and try it out.

The issue I have with F1 2009 is that it will take you a minimum of about 45-60 mins for each race in a season.

Surely that depends on how long you set the race length for. The "purists" will enjoy the chance to use 3 practice sessions to tinker with their car, then qualify and then race.

The "gamer" might just be happy jumping to a qualifying followed by 10 lap GP.

You can't just get rid of the longer races, I wouldn't buy it if I was forced into 10 lap races.

no I didn't mean a single race - I should have expressed myself better. A race meeting will take 45-60 mins minimum. If you do a full 1 hour for each practice session plus the full time allowed for qualifying you end up at about 3-4 hours. The race then is by default a whole 3 laps.

I dont think they have the time balanced correctly - sure you can sit and tinker with the settings if you want.

no I didn't mean a single race - I should have expressed myself better. A race meeting will take 45-60 mins minimum. If you do a full 1 hour for each practice session plus the full time allowed for qualifying you end up at about 3-4 hours. The race then is by default a whole 3 laps.

Im so confused by this now.

Each meeting is 60 mins,m but within that 60 mins are 120 mins of practice and 60+mins of quali + a 3 lap race?

For a start, Im lost by the times and they dont add up; then Im confsued as to why you would spend that long getting ready for a 3 lap race.

Bungle - you talk sense, elaborate please.

A race meeting will take 45-60 mins minimum. If you do a full 1 hour for each practice session plus the full time allowed for qualifying you end up at about 3-4 hours. The race then is by default a whole 3 laps.

- the minimum is around 45mins to an hour of actual gameplay per race meeting. You have the option to skip through a session 3 mins at a time if you don't want to go through it in real time. If you play the game in real time then it will take you 3-4 hours per race meeting.

Edited by mdearlove

Im so confused by this now.

Each meeting is 60 mins,m but within that 60 mins are 120 mins of practice and 60+mins of quali + a 3 lap race?

For a start, Im lost by the times and they dont add up; then Im confsued as to why you would spend that long getting ready for a 3 lap race.

Bungle - you talk sense, elaborate please.

I think what mdearlove is saying is that you *could* do 3 practice sessions of 90 minutes each, then qualify then race.

That's true. But you don't have to do all (or indeed any) of the practice sessions, you can just jump into qualifying and go. For the 'gamer' that is fine.

As a bit more of a purist I usually use 2 of the practice sessions. You can advance time so you can go out when the track is quiet (if they made it a 20 minute session you'd never get a quiet track) and then make changes to your set up. I quite enjoyed it all.

It's not the most realistic sim of all time, but it's got enough about it to satisfy both ends of the spectrum, IMO.

This is a great game, worth using the driving aids on the first couple of races to get used to the handling and controls.

I'm glad there is no commentary, much more enjoyable just having the sounds of the cars and the pit radio.

Driving aids are for pansies.

Agree about the lack of commentary, although I don't think that great sims of old (thinking Geoff Crammond GP2) ever had commentary. Probably the more 'arcade style' games did.

• 1 month later...