Great British Beer Festival

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Went today for the Trade Session. Seems like Triple fff Alton Bitter won the Champion Beer of Britain.

Anyone elso go/going and what's your opinion on this year's fest?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Worked on Scotland and Wales bar. Will be working tomorrow and Thurs evenings and there as a punter on Fri afternoon.

Surprised about Alton's Pride, it's not even the best beer brewed by Triple fff. Glad they won it though.

It reminds me of the time that Greene King IPA won. What the hell were they thinking of?

Guest Hacienda
It reminds me of the time that Greene King IPA won. What the hell were they thinking of?

I like Greene King IPA. Am I gay? :(

I went to the South Western Arms just after Greene King (I think it was 2003 ish) had been awarded and a poster had been defaced and "********" and "fix" had been scrawled all over it! Don't mention Greene King in Nottingham - not popular as they decimated Hardy's & Hanson's and moved the brewery to Suffolk.

Went to GBBF last evening after having meetings in London yesterday and it was excellent. I was also told that Triple FFF Moondance had won - good to see a Hants winner. If anyone on here is going, I would recommend the following beers:

- Elland 1872 Porter

- Nethergate Umbel Magna (flavoured with coriander seeds)

- RCH East Street Cream

- Timothy Taylor Dark Mild

- Cains' Dark Mild

Kelham Island Pale Rider was there I noticed, always worth a half at least. Great choice and the international and bottle conditioned stands were full of great beers and I took quite a few home!