Assassins Creed II

Draino76

Game of the year for me. It has virtually everything. Less polish than Drakes 2 (no crime) but a beautiful open world (Oblivion) none the less. Run over the rooftops like Prototype, hack and slash enemies like Devil may cry 4, use stealth like MGS4, explore 15th Century Italy and get a history lesson. The story is great too. They say the PS3 version has some visual issues but I am yet to see anything. Go buy!

I thought Assassins Creed was tedious, boring, and crap. You did the same thing over and over again. I've spoken to a friend today about Assassins Creed 2 though and he says it's fantastic. I'll have a go this weekend!

Storyline in the first one was the worst thing - why make something that could be simple and truly enjoyable some futuristic rubbish! If it was purely set back then, about the creed then it would be far more enjoyable IMO.

I stopped bothering with the first one in the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) city. Although graphically brilliant it was by far and away the most repetitive game I have played for years.

The "story" also p1ssed me off. Did anything happen at the end to make the future scenes worth the effort?

Was especially gutted as I had been looking forward to its release for ages.

The second one will have to be a HUGE step up for me to consider even playing a demo.

Who can post a proper review?

Completed it a couple of days ago and it really is fantastic.

TheSaint_sfc, if you didn't like the futuristic element then you won't enjoy it. You only come out of the animus around four times in the entire game but you definitely won't like the ending.

Also, it's worth noting that it is f*cking long. Around 25 hours of gameplay I reckon, just on the main storyline.

Completed it a couple of days ago and it really is fantastic.

TheSaint_sfc, if you didn't like the futuristic element then you won't enjoy it. You only come out of the animus around four times in the entire game but you definitely won't like the ending.

Also, it's worth noting that it is f*cking long. Around 25 hours of gameplay I reckon, just on the main storyline.

25 hours is long for a game?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing it this weekend non stop. Absolutely fantastic game. They definitely sorted out all the issues from the first one! I do wish it was a bit harder in areas though. Particularly when finding your way to the top of a structure. I like some of the games where you spend an hour in a room thinking WTF am I supposed to do now?! There hasn't been anything I've found much of a challenge so far. The hardest thing I've done is trying to get things like letters delivered on time... lol. I can kill 50 people, but having to deliver letters can be very challenging! I would like it if you could chop peoples arms and legs off too. Not enough gore!

I've been playing it this weekend non stop. Absolutely fantastic game. They definitely sorted out all the issues from the first one! I do wish it was a bit harder in areas though. Particularly when finding your way to the top of a structure. I like some of the games where you spend an hour in a room thinking WTF am I supposed to do now?! There hasn't been anything I've found much of a challenge so far. The hardest thing I've done is trying to get things like letters delivered on time... lol. I can kill 50 people, but having to deliver letters can be very challenging! I would like it if you could chop peoples arms and legs off too. Not enough gore!

I agree with this. It's also the first game where I've wanted to get all the trophies. I only need about 3 more.

• 1 month later...