Red Dead Redemption

thesaint sfc

are you just youtubing games?

Nope. Was having a look on the rockstar website and saw it. To watch it you have to go through age verification. I know complete plebs, such as yourself, would struggle to fill in those details so I youtubed it so its more simple for simpletons like you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

a new video

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/red-dead-redemption-weapons-and-death

About the weapons and things, awesome.

Love the bit where they say you can go about things in different ways, if you wanted to you could kill the entire town and make it into a ghost town. But it would re-populate overtime. Or you can play cards, lose at it then shoot the person you lost to and re-take your money. Can't wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't think I was bothered about this (I've never been massively keen on Westerns) but it's got some pretty impressive reviews. Also, I've now just about completed Episodes from Liberty City and have loved GTA4 (which sounds very similar) so will probably give this a go...

Reviews wise it is at 95% metacritic making it the 3rd highest rated game this gen on ps3 (1st is GTA4, 2nd Uncharted 2) and 5th highest game on 360 (GTA4,Bioshock,HL2,Mass Effect 2).

Gamespot gave it a 9.5/10 score just now too

Basically the guy's at 3d beyond (pixel junkies) have confirmed that the PS3 version is running at 640p. Which means it is sub HD. Translated into english means it is running at a 20% lower resolution then the other version.

If you look at those pics you linked you can clearly see a difference and tell which is which without needing to see. The top one is a lot clearer. lighter and crisp. While the bottom one look's more dark and slightly blured.

The actual experience will be identical regardless of what version you get. But the problem is Rockstar seem to always do this, GTA4 was the same. For some reason they cannot develop for the PS3 as other developers can (i.e Square Enix,Konami). We are almost entering the 5th year that PS3 has been out. You think with all that time they would get it done by now. I am still getting it for PS3, and at least we get some extras that 360 doesn't get for a week :)

Basically the guy's at 3d beyond (pixel junkies) have confirmed that the PS3 version is running at 640p. Which means it is sub HD. Translated into english means it is running at a 20% lower resolution then the other version.

If you look at those pics you linked you can clearly see a difference and tell which is which without needing to see. The top one is a lot clearer. lighter and crisp. While the bottom one look's more dark and slightly blured.

The actual experience will be identical regardless of what version you get. But the problem is Rockstar seem to always do this, GTA4 was the same. For some reason they cannot develop for the PS3 as other developers can (i.e Square Enix,Konami). We are almost entering the 5th year that PS3 has been out. You think with all that time they would get it done by now. I am still getting it for PS3, and at least we get some extras that 360 doesn't get for a week :)

It is something to do with the way the games are engineered, i believe i read somewhere that the way the XBOX has been built has made the software engineering to be completed twice as quickly as the same project on the PS3.

I know this was a major reason for all of the Xbox only titles when the two originally came out but i am not so sure now.

I would imagine it is Rockstar being lazy tbh. But then, if you look at it from their point of view, why spend more man hours by upgrading it to atleast run at 720p on the ps3 when you will sell to the ps3 audience regardless ??

Am i also correct in saying that as of yet there are still NO games that natively run at 1080p for the ps3 ?? Most are just upscaled.

Seems like it is written by some ghey XBOX fan boy to me.

True,

Which is a real pathetic form of snobbery tbh, i bought the ps3 because most of my mates had a ps3, i really couldn't care less.

Also when you look at the ps3 it is a cheaper overall package.

Does the manufacturer actually mean diddly ??

Here is some screen a guy did who has both so you get an idea of how mad i am at Rockstar for being lazy.

360 version

a00378094bf350951597e.jpg

PS3 version

ps3copy.jpg

And here is another that someone did

360 version with the bits there

360vers.jpg

PS3 version with the bits gone

ps3vers.jpg

So as you can see it is not just the color difference, that you can maybe accept. They have actually removed a lot of the vegitation and actual objects from the PS3 version.

It is a lousy port by the looks of it. I think i might swap my copy for 360 version.

I really can't see why people are getting the ****s with this.

So what if there are minor differences in quality. Is anyone other than the most anal really going to worry about this in the middle of the game?

Played it for 4 hours last night. Not overly impressed really. Finding it really difficult to understand who the main character actually is - whether he's a nice bloke or a complete psycho. Also riding horses everywhere is a pain coz if you put your foot down for too long they get f*cked off and buck you off. There's a lot more times when you need to shoot someone from horse back than from a car like in GTA and I'm not sure they've mastered it. Good graphics and an awesome map though. I think I just need some more time to get into it but at the moment everything you're expected to do I just thing *ughhhhh effort*

They have definitely back tracked and got back to San Andreas gameplay instead of GTA4

I really can't see why people are getting the ****s with this.

So what if there are minor differences in quality. Is anyone other than the most anal really going to worry about this in the middle of the game?

By that logic we would never progress in technology. It is like tape vs cds. After paying loads of money to replace your tape player with a cd player wouldn't you expect your cd to be cd quality? The song is the same just one sounds better then the other. The same goes for vision. If you went into a shop and saw a saints shirt for £40 and next to it was a slightly faded one would you buy that version over the normal looking one? They are the same shirt? Same principle to games, you expect multiplatform games to be equal.

Ok i got my copy today for my PS3. Thus far really enjoy it but only an hour in.

I got the limited edition version which comes with all the dlc.

Had a quick look on ebay and saw they were selling for like £17 for just one of the codes!

So bunged mine on ebay :)

Ok well have played it for a good few hours now. And think it is one of the best games i have played! It reminds me a lot more of San Andreas then GTA4, which is a good thing.

Some really really random things happen.

Like your meet random people all over the place. I bumped into a carriage stopped on the side of the road. A man was flagging me down, as i got closer i could see dead bodies on the floor. The guy flagging me down was a Marshal who had an accident. The dead guys on the floor where some prisoners he was transfering. He said 2 had escaped and could i go bring them in.

So off i go. I laso them in turn and bring them in and they are tied up on the floor. The Marshal say's thanks a lot and gives me cash in typical Rockstar tradition when completing a mission. As i walk off to gt back on my horse i take one final look at the carnage on the floor and with that the Marshal pulls out his gun and shoots the two alive prisoners in the head! I could not believe it. He then got on one of the horses and buggered off!

The game is full to the brim with these type of things. They are not missions as such just random events that can happen at any time in any place. Awesome game!

For anyone looking to pick this up today - you can reserve on the Argos website and pick it up instore for £34 on PS3 or £35 on Xbox. Stock looks pretty low in the stores I checked in London so get in there early.

When you do the horse breaking in mission with bonnie early in the game she gives you the lasso. To use it you just press L1 then select it on the left. Then aim with L2 as if you were aiming with a gun. When your close enough to your target press R2 to fire while still holding on to L2. Always keep hold of L2 if you don't the target will escape.

Then while holding l2 walk up to the target and press triangle and you will hogtie them. You can then pick them up and carry them or put them on your horse!