Dave Richards to buy Renault...???

Marsdinho

Saw that earlier. Hopefully they will change to Aston Martin straight away and have British racing green instead of the ghastly ING livery Renault have assaulted my eyes with for the last 3 years.

In other news, Toyota "give" their slot away, with Sauber likely to take it up.

Nice...

To me it's a no brainer. Why would you call a racing team "Prodrive" when you have the rights to one of the most prestigious names in motor racing history. From a marketing point of view the team renames itself.

Was thinking that myself....surely an "Aston Martin" branded Team is more attractive to investors that "Prodrive"..

Just the latest output from the random news generator as far as I'm aware. In the last week we've been bought by a Russian who owns a driver agency, sponsored for $30m by Panasonic - if we hire Kobayashi and now this.

Edit: Those links are reasonably out of date already, especially the last one. There was a press release a few days ago about the new structure at the top of the team.

PS. I didn't see Dave Richards at the factory today.

Of course, it might be true.

Mixed success really. Benetton finished 3rd in the WCC the year before he joined, then slipped to 5th in his only season. On the other hand he took BAR from the disaster Craig Pollock to 2nd in WCC and Button 3rd in WDCin 2004, before Honda took over.

He has a pretty good rally pedigree too I think, so overall would be happy to see him back in F1.

Good luck with this one mate, however it pans out. Are there any rumours of staff cuts if this goes through?

Complete cull if the Genii bid wins, so the French are reporting, and certain personnel retained if the Prodrive bid wins. That's all rumour though, freely available online, absolutely nothing official. There is nothing official to tell.