Exeter

bungle

£16.85 return each from Southampton via Westbury for 4 with 1 rail card atm.

I got my train tickets from the trainline.com for £15 buying advance singles.

Leaves southampton at 10:10 change at Warminster(only 11 minutes to spare so hopefully won't be late getting to Warminster) then arrive in Exeter at 13:29 that cost £8.50

Coming back get the 18:02 from Exeter change at Westbury(a 50 minute wait but there's a pub 200 yards up the road!) arrive back in Southampton at 21:02. That cost £6.50. There's a £1 booking fee and use a debit card or you will pay a fee for using a credit card.

Plus in Exeter you can get another train to the station by the ground, shouldn't cost more than a couple of quid. :smt040

Leaves southampton at 10:10 change at Warminster(only 11 minutes to spare so hopefully won't be late getting to Warminster) then arrive in Exeter at 13:29 that cost £8.50

Coming back get the 18:02 from Exeter change at Westbury(a 50 minute wait but there's a pub 200 yards up the road!) arrive back in Southampton at 21:02. That cost £6.50. There's a £1 booking fee and use a debit card or you will pay a fee for using a credit card.

Plus in Exeter you can get another train to the station by the ground, shouldn't cost more than a couple of quid. :smt040

Cheers, buying through national rail is only 85p more & change at the same station on the way there & back so will most likely do that.

Bit of advice, go through the train company direct (i.e. http://www.swtrains.co.uk or http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk - it doesn't matter which) and you get all the same fares but no booking fees whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
whats the quickest way to drive here, generally I mean, via bournemouth/dorchester or up a34 and onto a303? Can obviously get going a lot quicker on the 303, i think? (going from eastleigh)

That's it. Up the A34 to Bullington Cross, then 303 it!

The 303 is mostly dual - carriageway, I use it a lot. Sometimes there is a hold up around Stonehenge but not in the mornings.

how long to get to exeter that way you reckon, given that I might be a bit of a naughty boy and put my foot down when I can get away with it...

Well I can do Taunton - Southampton that way in just over 2 hours (@120 miles), so give yourself another hour or so for Taunton - Exeter & parking etc.

There are various speed cameras on the A303, especially on the few single-carriage bits so be wary. Otherwise you can get a wriggle on, no problem!

I pretty much always go A36/A303, takes couple of hours, give or take, and cuts a huge chunk of off A34/A303 route. Wouldn't recommend A35 at all.

I shall be choosing the first option, and travelling down on the Friday night...

Yeah, I use that route as well sometimes and driving back after matches it is the way to go as the roads are empty (got back from the Exeter game in just under 2 hours).

My only concern for Baj would be the possibility of Saturday morning hold ups getting round the top of Southampton and then same probs at Salisbury, even using the rat run round the A3094 which can build up at the Wilton lights. Then there's the road from Wilton to the A303 which is a lot of 30mph/lorries etc.

As Baj was leaving from Eastleigh I thought it might be just as well to head north on (hopefully) clear dual carriageways. The bit from Bullington to Salisbury can be done in 15 minutes.

I shall let the train take the strain. :)

I noticed on the Exeter FC web site that they are promoting "An evening with MLT" it looks the same format as we had over here in Dubai (when 19c moaned like a tw*t)

It's on the Friday night before the game for those making a weekend, it comes HIGHLY recommended, was great fun

I noticed on the Exeter FC web site that they are promoting "An evening with MLT" it looks the same format as we had over here in Dubai (when 19c moaned like a tw*t)

It's on the Friday night before the game for those making a weekend, it comes HIGHLY recommended, was great fun

Very intriguing indeed, just checked it out, £35 a pop for a ticket, being held at Southgate Hotel.

Ticket details on OS;

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10280~1936516,00.html

Not good news as we've had our allocation cut thanks to Exeter being totally inept. At the weekend there were plenty of Leeds fans in the home end, just before the game there was an announcement over the tannoy saying that any Leeds fans in the home end could be moved to the away end (Stewards said there was a bit of space), the reason there was space is because the OB had held a load of Leeds coaches on the motorway and took them to the game just in time for KO, hence the away end was to crowded and there were reports of crushing in the ground and at the turnstile.

It would've been nice if the club included in that article the address they require our applications to be sent too, I assume it's just the normal ticket office address, no need to mark it FAO anyone? I'm not a great fan of putting all my personal info and credit card details in a letter either.

Surely there has to be an easier away?

Ticket details on OS;

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10280~1936516,00.html

Not good news as we've had our allocation cut thanks to Exeter being totally inept. At the weekend there were plenty of Leeds fans in the home end, just before the game there was an announcement over the tannoy saying that any Leeds fans in the home end could be moved to the away end (Stewards said there was a bit of space), the reason there was space is because the OB had held a load of Leeds coaches on the motorway and took them to the game just in time for KO, hence the away end was to crowded and there were reports of crushing in the ground and at the turnstile.

What a load of s***te! I'm not one to have a go at smaller clubs, but what a poxy little club Exeter are. I'll be fine for a ticket, but its extra hassle and a lot of people I know will probably miss out.

I think we will get more tickets, how can they get away with giving us 500 terrace allocation which has an official capacity of 1200, if they are worried about it the simple solution would be DONT INVITE PEOPLE INTO THE AWAY END WHO DONT HAVE TICKETS THERE

I presume the "3+ priority" thing means all those having been to 3 (and registered their number) will get a ticket.

No, my reading of it was that that is what they're hoping is enough, but if there are too many "3+" people it'll be a ballot. Must be well over 500 who have done more than 3 away games and registered them? Most of those that go regularly should be fine, but its still poor just because they couldn't manage a home game to Leeds (selling home tickets to large numbers of away fans, then just moving them into the away terrace because there looked like there was room etc). Got in late for the League Cup game there last season as the queue to get in was so long.

No, my reading of it was that that is what they're hoping is enough, but if there are too many "3+" people it'll be a ballot. Must be well over 500 who have done more than 3 away games and registered them? Most of those that go regularly should be fine, but its still poor just because they couldn't manage a home game to Leeds (selling home tickets to large numbers of away fans, then just moving them into the away terrace because there looked like there was room etc). Got in late for the League Cup game there last season as the queue to get in was so long.

I am incredibly ****ed off at the OB (why a coach loads of football fans treated as guilty before innocent) and what sounds like pathetic management of the situation at Exeter (which must have been OK'd by the police at the ground). Absolute disgrace, and it is our fans who suffer.