FM10 on Mac

stevegrant

Anybody else tried playing FM10 on a Mac?

I've got a decent-spec MacBook (comfortably good enough according to the game's spec) and without fail, the following happens every time I start the game:

1. Loads fine, minor impact on overall system performance mainly due to high speed of DVD drive;

2. Play one game, memory usage doubles;

3. Play another game, memory usage doubles again;

4. Play another game, memory usage doubles again;

5. Play another game, midway through, the game crashes.

Brilliant.

Needless to say, I'll be getting a refund...

Faulty goods = Sale of Goods Act.

Its not faulty if thousands of people are playing the game on Mac's. As I said before it works fine on mine.

Your game clearly isn't faulty as it loads up and plays to some extent. If a retailer were to test it on a Mac it would more than likely work. Most likely down to your spec or settings.

You're trying my patience today with your condescending tone, although I should expect nothing else from a teacher really.

If the game crashes at the same point time after time, and other software (which requires a bigger spec) works fine consistently, there is clearly a problem with the game. Whether it's just my disc or a wider problem, I neither know nor care. My disc is faulty, therefore I am entitled to a refund or exchange.

You're trying my patience today with your condescending tone, although I should expect nothing else from a teacher really.

If the game crashes at the same point time after time, and other software (which requires a bigger spec) works fine consistently, there is clearly a problem with the game. Whether it's just my disc or a wider problem, I neither know nor care. My disc is faulty, therefore I am entitled to a refund or exchange.

It is likely to not be faulty. I bet if you put your disk in my Mac it would run fine.

If you are signed up to the sigames.com forum make a thread there and a member of staff should respond to you quickly and sort the problem out.

are you running it in 3d mode cos 3d mode wont even work on my mac.HTH

Yes, I'm running it in 3D mode - that was one of the more interesting features that made me buy it, to be honest, as I didn't get last year's one out of principle after the shambles they caused.

your mac like mine if its a macbook probably cant handle 3d mode too well.

It *should* be fine - after all, it comfortably meets the minimum spec, and the minimum spec should be what is required for key features to run. The 3D match engine is a pretty key feature, I'd say.

do you have a standard macbook? cos i have a 2 yr old macbook and it wont run on that my friend has a slightly newer one it runs in 3d but not well.

id just try it in 2d youll forget all about 3d youll be missing out on alot more if you dont play it just because of 3d.

Steve, gave up playing FM about a month or so ago because of the memory leaks - the only thing I can suggest is that you find a 'memory washer' and keep an eye on the virtual memory - it'll get you through a bit longer until it crashes. Likewise, save game 'every day'

Shocking that this has happened, fingers crossed for a patch that works soon...

Also, you might be interested in checking this thread out:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161196

Steve, gave up playing FM about a month or so ago because of the memory leaks - the only thing I can suggest is that you find a 'memory washer' and keep an eye on the virtual memory - it'll get you through a bit longer until it crashes. Likewise, save game 'every day'

Shocking that this has happened, fingers crossed for a patch that works soon...

Also, you might be interested in checking this thread out:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161196

not so applicable for the MAC version as it doesn't work the same way as Windows