EA Downloader

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I have installed Spore on my PC and with it I've installed the EA Downloader. However, when I try to open it I get a message that flash is not installed and I should download it.

My browser is Firefox by default and when I start the EADM it opens up a little version of IE it seems.

I click on the download button for Flash and I'm told it is successful but then I get the same message from EADM. I've tried removing my firewall and allowing all sorts of scripts and Active X to run but to no avail. Restarts of IE and the PC have no effect.

Any suggestions?

PS. I also have the problem when I try to view BBC iPlayer as it opens IE by default and then tells me to view content I have to download and install Flash. Same problem, zilch happens. I end up having to download anything I want to view and watch it in Firefox.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I found out that the problem was that ie didn't recognise that I had installed the plugin. Apparently it's a common problem with Flash. I had to manually run the install from inside the sysyem32 folder.