Game of the year 2009.

Draino76

Can't see a fred yet so here goes;

1. Street Fighter 4. I've played 250 hours this year; Jesus, what a waste.

2. Uncharted 2. Spectacular; worth buying a PS3 for.

3. Fifa 10. Tweaked to alsmost perfection.

4. Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer as good as it gets, eb

5. Killzone 2.

Honorable mentions to NFS Shift, Batman (Now playing), Assasins Creed 2.

Think it's been a good year for some decent games

If i base it off of the games i have played the most this year then it is deffinatly either Forza 3, Fifa 10, Total War Empire, FM10, Fight Night 4, Streetfighter 4 or Left4Dead 2.

The ones completed that you can add to the list would be Uncharted 2, Dragon Age, Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, KillZone 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

All good games, hard to choose 1 that is head and shoulders above the rest. For me it has to be about how long you will keep playing it. Games like Uncharted 2 are amazing, but once completed feel little chance of going back.

Can only vote for what I've played and bought.

1. Assasins Creed 2

2. Forza 3

3. Fifa 10

4. COD:MW2

5. FM10

Haven't finished any of them yet (apart from from single player on MW2), so plenty of lifespan left for me yet. :D

I loved Uncharted 2. but it was too short and good though the online is, us of more mature years have neither time, reactions nor inclination to perfect our skills against those more youthful and obsessesed. So my game of the year award has to be split between two games which are very similar in many ways. inFamous along with Assassins Creed 2. I can't separate them. I thoroughly enjoyed inFamous and am really enjoying AC2.

Killzone 2 - There is probably nothing I dislike about the game, online 16 a side is awesome.

A close second is Modern Warfare 2

Honourable mention to Little Big Planet too (although released in November 08).

GTA4 (was that this year?) was great, though I got bored of the single player, and couldn't get on with the multiplayer.

Sadly time and money have been tight over the past 12 months so I haven't bought many other games worthy of a mention. But the next year holds the promise of a HDTV, FFXIII, Gran Tourismo etc....