In the pipeline

stevegrant

Thought I'd give everyone a brief update on what we've got planned for the site in the not-too-distant future.

Firstly, there is a brand new version of the forum software available, which I have been working with to try to integrate the prediction league, the fixture list, a stats section, etc. Unfortunately, even though they've released a "production" version of the software, I'm not happy enough with the quality of it at the moment - there are loads of fundamental bugs in it which would cause us problems, so I'm not prepared to install it until those bugs have been fixed.

That means that I will probably reschedule the major upgrade (and it will be a VERY major upgrade) for the summer.

When that upgrade happens, I'm hoping the following will be available:

• Rogues Gallery
  • Away Ground Guide, with interactive map, directions, pubs, hotels, public transport links, etc
  • Player Profiles
  • Full match reports with lineups and stats
  • An updated smiley list
  • Er, that's probably it for now, can't think of anything else I was supposed to do :)

- Ability to post via WAP ? (archive is OK but can't post replies and Opera is pretty cr*p on a mobile)

- RSS feed

BTW, what's the forum based on? It ain't phpbb by the looks of things...

We use vBulletin.

RSS feeds are a feature of the new version of the software, so that'll be done - not sure about WAP/mobile posting though.