F1 Short Cuts

Hatch

Every 10 laps, the drivers should have to get out and be spun around by the pit crew for 30 seconds before attempting to get back in the car and driving off.

Or have little bunny ears attached to their crash helmets.

Or have sidecars fitted to each car.

Bernie, I have loads of ideas. Call me. X

How about having to collect gold rings, or ice cream cones, or sweets, just like Super Mario. But beware the green monster behind, ready to gobble you up at any moment.

Seriously though, how about having a limitation on the size of the car, especially the width, so that they could overtake if they got the chance. Oh and fill in the gap between the wheels too, so the danger of cars coming together is reduced.

Oops, sports car racing..!

Most of the modern Tilke tracks do have short cuts, because there is nothing but tarmac and asphalt for about 10ft eitherside of the curves.

I think a better idea would be having the track split in two and having seperate routes around some chicanes. It would only be practical at certain places. An example would be the old Bus Stop at Spa. If you can imagine basically a mirror down the centre of the track, with two bus stops. The original which goes left, then right back onto the start line, then a reflection which goes right then left, basically where the pit entry used to be.

I think that at regular intervals in the race music should start playing. All the drivers should then stop and start running around the track whilst Bernie runs onto the track and takes one car away. When the music stops they have to jump into a car and the guy left without one is out. The winner is the driver who is still driving when theres just one car left.