Ducati Unveils GP10 bike

St Landrew

What is it with Ducati..? They always go to the bloody Alps to have a party bash just before the new season, where they also unveil their new MotoGP bike. Surely it's warmer and easier almost anywhere else in Europe [OK, not here, not now].

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2009/Ducati+Marlboro+unveils+the+new+Demosedici+GP10

Btw, I believe Ferrari and Ducati share the event. I see Alonso and Massa were there too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8454442.stm

Just flicked through the photos. Yep Nicky Hayden and Casey Stoner of Ducati were there too. Bernie Ecclestone looked a twerp on the new Ducati.

:|

Look the same to me.

In your mind, just imagine a couple of outriggers on the back wheel. Then it would behave a bit more like a car. I'm sure you'd get the hang of that. :D

There is a tiny difference though. I can't see that three-wheeler [the one with the handlebar tassles, just in case it's still confusing, matey] being capable of about 230 mph. Or 0-60 in about 2.5 seconds. Or having about 240bhp on tap either.

I'm sure it would do well in the right hands though.

Edited by St Landrew

Nice looking Ducati as usual does not look as tall as last years model hopefully they can start to get this bike to handle a bit better and more rider friendly. As the Ducati always reminds me of the late 80's early 90's Honda NSR500 went like a rocket in a straight line but was brutal round the corners,and back then it was only really Lawson/Gardner and Doohan that got to grips with it.

Nice looking Ducati as usual does not look as tall as last years model hopefully they can start to get this bike to handle a bit better and more rider friendly. As the Ducati always reminds me of the late 80's early 90's Honda NSR500 went like a rocket in a straight line but was brutal round the corners,and back then it was only really Lawson/Gardner and Doohan that got to grips with it.

Yeah, it looks low and long. Actually, it looks plain little..! I mean, Stoner and Hayden aren't the tallest/biggest of blokes, so with them crouching down they're going to be quite short/small, and yet the bike isn't towering over them either. Perhaps it's the camera lens. Think I'll have to find another photo.