Artificial F1

Barry the Badger

FFS! Apologies for the oncoming rant.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81069

I was genuinely looking forward to qualifying sessions on soft tires and low fuel loads. Instead they've introduced another random element to try and "spice things up"! :(

Just leave them to bloody well race so whoever is quickest over one lap gets pole and whoever is quickest over 70 laps wins.

I don't want to know that Button would have been on pole if he had used the soft tires, if he was quickest I want him to actually be on pole.

Along the same lines, I don't want see the quickest driver/car back in 10th place because the safety car came out when it was completely unnecesary just to "spice things up". It might make for some exciting TV but it's completely artificial.

I always hated American racing as they did whatever they could to ensure a close race, and it frustrates me that F1 has gone that way. I know people find F1 boring without all that stuff but as you can tell, it winds me right up.

:)