Dc / northern virginia /maryland saints‏

Good morning,

Unfortunately I will be in the US for Pompey match. Are there any Saints fans in the DC / Northern Virginia / Maryland Area who will be watching the match? I used to live in DC so I know the area pretty well. Was thinking of "Summers" in Arlington VA or maybe the British Embassy if they still show the footie? Any ideas?

Cheers

Billy

Fox Soccer seem to have the 3pm and 5pm games. ESPN Dos claim to have the 1pm, tho I don't have that channel.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tv/listing?date=20100213&cc=5901

I may try and catch it on Justin.tv from home. I'm shooting off to PA right after so wouldn't be able to make it to a bar anyway.

Interestingly I note the Chelsea v Cardiff midday game is listed on FA website as being "Live on www.thefa.com". Not sure if it's just radio or TV too.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/Fixtures.aspx

Setanta USA are showing the Chelsea game:

http://www.setanta.com/us/tv-listings/

FSC hasn't got anything down yet for an early game. This can well change though. Don't give up hope yet!

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule

Pretty sure ESPN don't show FA Cup games. Will check out the more obscure channels nearer the time.

If it isn't shown LIVE then either Setanta or FSC could well show the full game sometime over the weekend. As long as you have a bit of suss you'll be able to avoid the score pretty easily. Failing that then a stream it is going to have to be. Hopefully there will be some good ones around.

Anyone on here from the Indiana/mid-west area? I know another Saints fan over in Southern IL. Would be good to get an annual meet-up going sometime. Or even just a USA one anywhere - doesn't have to be in this part of the country. Is there such a thing as a 'USA Saints' group thingy at all? Would be good.

Anyone on here from the Indiana/mid-west area? I know another Saints fan over in Southern IL. Would be good to get an annual meet-up going sometime. Or even just a USA one anywhere - doesn't have to be in this part of the country. Is there such a thing as a 'USA Saints' group thingy at all? Would be good.

A USA Saints group would be great if there was one. Here in Illinois, the only Saints fans I know are all my In-Laws who I've converted to the cause :D

A USA Saints group would be great if there was one. Here in Illinois, the only Saints fans I know are all my In-Laws who I've converted to the cause :D

Where in IL are you? Seeing as it is the State next to mine I'm sure we can sort something out in regards to a few beers sometime.

Like I said I know a Saints fan from down in Carbondale, southern IL. If you are around Chicago then it ain't exactly 'down the road' but in USA terms we'd all still be quite close.

Where in IL are you? Seeing as it is the State next to mine I'm sure we can sort something out in regards to a few beers sometime.

Like I said I know a Saints fan from down in Carbondale, southern IL. If you are around Chicago then it ain't exactly 'down the road' but in USA terms we'd all still be quite close.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in Springfield, so not from Indiania or Carbondale. Good to know there is another Saints fan in this state and I'd certainly be interested in a Mid-West meet up sometime.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in Springfield, so not from Indiania or Carbondale. Good to know there is another Saints fan in this state and I'd certainly be interested in a Mid-West meet up sometime.

Springfield - the capital city. I listen to a radio show from there every Friday night (The Boot Party on WQNA).

http://www.bootpartyradio.com/

Have plans to go to Folkies pub one night there (one of the DJ's from the Boot Party DJ's Punk stuff at this bar once or twice a week).

I'd def be up for a few beers and a bit of Saints talk when I do get round to popping over there. Doesn't have to be at Folkies if that doesn't sound like your type of thing - as long as the place sells beer then that suits me fine.

So far we have 4 mid-west Saints from:

Clarendon Hills (the boondock part of Chicago, IL)

Springfield, IL

Carbondale, IL

Terre Haute, IN

Any more lurking around?

Billy - hope you managed to get to DC ok. With the record breaking snow I daresay it wasn't easy.

Good luck to all you east-coasters who have to get to a bar on Saturday to see the game. We've had it pretty bad here in the mid-west but nowhere near as bad as you lot have had it. 3 feet of snow - you are welcome to that.