Travelling from oop north for the JPT Final

Saints67

I am hoping to be able to get a ticket for myself, my son and my Dad who is the only one of us who hasn't been to any JPT games.....or any SMS games either but he does live in N.Ireland and is recovering from brain haemorrhage ...but I digress. I checked out train prices in January and it was £86 for the 3 of us. Checked today and it was £203. I'm thinking of driving down but I was wondering if there were any supporter groups from the Manchester area who would maybe be hiring a mini-bus and would have room for three extra?

I am hoping to be able to get a ticket for myself, my son and my Dad who is the only one of us who hasn't been to any JPT games.....or any SMS games either but he does live in N.Ireland and is recovering from brain haemorrhage ...but I digress. I checked out train prices in January and it was £86 for the 3 of us. Checked today and it was £203. I'm thinking of driving down but I was wondering if there were any supporter groups from the Manchester area who would maybe be hiring a mini-bus and would have room for three extra?

Hi

There is the Northern Saints supporters Group who regularly travel to games / organise tickets for fans based in the North. There are a few of us based in Manchester although not sure yet what are travel plans will be for the final.

We have a website http://www.northernsaints.co.uk and a message list at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nsaints/?tab=s if you want to find out more. Alternatively send me a PM

John

Hi

There is the Northern Saints supporters Group who regularly travel to games / organise tickets for fans based in the North. There are a few of us based in Manchester although not sure yet what are travel plans will be for the final.

We have a website http://www.northernsaints.co.uk and a message list at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nsaints/?tab=s if you want to find out more. Alternatively send me a PM

John

many thanks John. I was a member of the Northern saints for a while (pre-2003) when Andy and his dad used to organise the tickets. I'll look up the site you mention and see. I am now looking at driving down to watford and getting the tube in (should I be able to get the final tickets I require). Not sure if my dad would be up for a boozey day of it though :( Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...
My sister is coming down to the final from Widnes and would be happy to combine travel arrangements with any other Northern Saints rather than suffer travelling with the Carlisle contingent.

If (the big IF) I can get my lad and my dad their tickets on Wednesday we'll be going on the Megabus from Preston setting off at 5:45am. The fare was reasonable when I checked last but if it's soared then I'll be in the car and parking at Watford. It all depends on whether I can get them tickets or I too will be travelling solo.

I am now looking at driving down to watford and getting the tube in

Hi

If going to Watford, I would also consider the Train. its under 30 mins to Wembley Central.

From the main 'Watford Junction Station', get the Train to Harrow and Wealdstone, then change for the Wembley Central train.

You should also be able to take advantage of the GROUP SAVE DEALS too.

4 of you travel together and get 2 Free (there is also a 3 for 2, as well). You just have to go through the Barriers there and back as a group.

I am pretty sure the deal is on for Sundays as well.

If Watford is an issue, try Milton Keynes to Harrow & Wealdstone, or the Station we will use... Hemel Hempstead. All on the same line as Watford.

We will be getting the 8.15 from Hemel to H&W, then the 8.37 to Wembley Central arriving 8.45....Getting into Silverspoons for opening time!!!

Cost with 'Group Save 4' is £14.80 for all 4 tickets.

Have a great day out.

Hemel Saint

Seems you can go direct from Watford Junction to Wembley Central. e.g:

09:41 Watford Junction [WFJ]

10:05 Wembley Central [WMB]

Plenty going back as well. £9 standard return. Will do me.

Seems you can go direct from Watford Junction to Wembley Central. e.g:

09:41 Watford Junction [WFJ]

10:05 Wembley Central [WMB]

Plenty going back as well. £9 standard return. Will do me.

We're staying at Watford Junction, training there and back. :)