Heavy Rain

Draino76

Scoring rather highly over at Metacritic; 89 so far. Is this a revolutionary game in terms of storytelling and gameplay or 'essentially a nine-hour film that you nudge along by following on-screen button prompts'?

The demo is now out on PSN so will report back later. I really want to like this but I'm not so sure.

• 2 weeks later...
I been trying to play it today but have the error 8001050F which is ****ing me off as says i need an update to play. Won't login to PSN at all. Thankfully seems im not alone in it though.

Marco, do you know any more of this?

Apparently it's affecting offline games as well. I'm at work at the moment and haven't been on my PS3 in a while, so don't know if mine has been affected yet.

I been trying to play it today but have the error 8001050F which is ****ing me off as says i need an update to play. Won't login to PSN at all. Thankfully seems im not alone in it though.

Marco, do you know any more of this?

Apparently it's affecting offline games as well. I'm at work at the moment and haven't been on my PS3 in a while, so don't know if mine has been affected yet.

I have started a thread about this.

It's a serious problem by the look of it.

The only shame for me is that there is no "perfect" ending, where the four main characters all turn out to be on the right side.

Also, there are certain events which I think happen on every play through no matter what - Ethan blacking out, having the origami figures in his hand, and his shrink finding one in his office - which are completely unexplained and make no sense whatsoever when someone else is revealed as the killer.

Nevermind, it's a fantastic game nonetheless.